Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Is it immoral to buy the Dead Space remake?

considering that EA killed Dead Space for a decade just out of spite for it not meeting their impossible sales standards. It should be noted the original writers of Dead Space refused to tweet much about Dead Space 4 (plot details, concepts, etc) "in case EA returned to the franchise."

So with that in mind, if you buy the remake, are you supporting evil and/or insulting the original creators? That is all.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

It's definitely extremely dumb to buy any remake, unless it's a full remake of a game old/outdated enough that you basically can't run it on modern systems anymore. Wouldn't call it any more immoral than buying games from any of the EA/Ubi/Actiblizz axis of evil in the first place, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

i will wait for it to be on sale for 19.99 or less

From what I've seen the Dead Space remake is far more serviceable as a release than The Callisto Protocol.

EA, being a big corpo, doesn't do things "out of spite". They saw the sales and decided to can the series, they do that all the time, doesn't make purchasing an EA game "immoral" because it's not like they touched someone in a nasty place or condoned genocide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Immortal to who?

Remakes are fine in my book. Much better than just simple than old HD ports while making classics accessible to people who didn't get to play the games at release or want to relive them.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would it be?

Remember folks: there's ACTUAL PEOPLE behind the games. Devs, QA, etc. EA Made their money already. Buying a remake of a game you already have is questionable unless all you're going for is "ERMERGERD PRETTY GRAPHICS". Story hasn't changed, game is still about the same as before, just glammed up to modern standards. Watched a streamer play it on Impossible and he only died one time cause of his own stupidity. He's said if they redo 2 he'll play it too.

Its like people getting mad at others for wanting to play Hogwarts Legacy. Sure, JK Rowling is a fucking piece of shit, but she already made her money when she sold the rights to make the game. Why should the devs, play testers, REAL PEOPLE, be punished for making a game with her IP?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    It's definitely extremely dumb to buy any remake, unless it's a full remake of a game old/outdated enough that you basically can't run it on modern systems anymore. Wouldn't call it any more immoral than buying games from any of the EA/Ubi/Actiblizz axis of evil in the first place, though.
    I usually agree with this stance.

But then I played the command and conquer remake and decided there are exceptions. (OG can play on modern systems but that remaster was just... *chefs kiss*)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

*snip*

Let's not do that, please. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2023-01-30 at 10:06 PM.

Sure don't buy it and you can guarantee the franchise go's back to being literally dead. I love when gamers act like publishers are supposed to be running charities. If you like the franchise you should be thankful they have given it a 2nd chance based on it's cult classic status and not because it was a profitable IP.

"EA Bad" is just a dumb ass blanket take since there are so many devs, writers, directors, testers, marketing people etc that work at the company and I guarantee you there are good people that work there and they are capable of putting out good projects. As Jedi Fallen Order has proven, and as this remake seems to be proving.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to see the game with redone visuals, then yeah go buy it. Not everyone at EA is a greedy asshole compared to the ceo at the top.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

just buy a CD key for the original for $5 if you never played it before.

At least EA didn't go the Naughty Dog route and only charged $60 for this remake.

And yeah, it is largely the same game. But it is, from the ground up, just as good (and in some ways better) than the original. Imo, it's fully worth the price of admission and is easily one of the better survival horror games made in the last decade. It's certainly better than The Calisto Protocol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably get it eventually. Given the choice between playing it or making a bitter forum thread to try and shame people, playing the game sounds more fun.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    At least EA didn't go the Naughty Dog route and only charged $60 for this remake.
    https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/dead-space/

Nice Kapp bro. It's $70 on the same platform TLOU Part 1 was. Also Naughty Dog doesn't decide the prices of their developed games, Sony does, just like EA does with this. 2023 and people are still blaming devs over publishers for prices. What a world.

Also $70 on Xbox

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/sto...e/9NLB6V0GNC9P

It's literally just the PC version that is $60 because EA is scared to price it there, and they have EA Play Pro subs to sale so don't even care about the prices of their games on PC.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-01-30 at 11:09 PM.

"only" really doesn't belong in the same sentence as "$60" in this context.

Anyone buying even a new release for as much as $60 is probably brain damaged, let alone a remake

This is one of the better remakes that improved a lot on a game that is still really good, considering that the original came out in 2008. Its not the first time EA had a solid remake aswell, Command & Conquer was also done really well and remained faithful to the original. Both IP’s were killed by EA but their remakes have brought back some necessary life into it. Really hope to see more good games although preferably a sequel instead of more remakes.

Also worth noticing that The Callisto Protocol was made by the original Dead Space team and failed to capture the essence that made Dead Space great. The remake did way more justice and is easily the better game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/dead-space/

Nice Kapp bro. It's $70 on the same platform TLOU Part 1 was. Also Naughty Dog doesn't decide the prices of their developed games, Sony does, just like EA does with this. 2023 and people are still blaming devs over publishers for prices. What a world.

Also $70 on Xbox

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/sto...e/9NLB6V0GNC9P

It's literally just the PC version that is $60 because EA is scared to price it there, and they have EA Play Pro subs to sale so don't even care about the prices of their games on PC.
    Holy fucking shit, my guy. I didn't blame anybody for anything. It was a fucking joke. Relax.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    considering that EA killed Dead Space for a decade just out of spite for it not meeting their impossible sales standards. It should be noted the original writers of Dead Space refused to tweet much about Dead Space 4 (plot details, concepts, etc) "in case EA returned to the franchise."

So with that in mind, if you buy the remake, are you supporting evil and/or insulting the original creators? That is all.
    Imagine calling someone evil just because they canceled a game

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    "only" really doesn't belong in the same sentence as "$60" in this context.

Anyone buying even a new release for as much as $60 is probably brain damaged, let alone a remake
    Cool. It's a great game first and foremost. A remake second. I think it's worth $60. You're free to live in a world where game developers do not deserve to get paid for the hard work they put into making a quality game. I'm a fucking anti-capitalist and I support this, you're just being a dick about it for absolutely no fucking reason.

Holy fucking shit, my guy. I didn't blame anybody for anything. It was a fucking joke. Relax.
    I was just joking bro! I totally knew the game was $70 on 2/3 platforms including the only one that had the game I was joking about!