Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Camping a rare spawn and a hunter also camping it has a pet with the same name

So when I make a macro that says, for example:

/target time-lost proto
    /cast flame shock

It targets his pet

Is there a way to code the macro to be more specific to get around this?

Quote Originally Posted by purgator View Post

/target time-lost proto
    /cast flame shock

It targets his pet

Report him,he's trolling people trying for the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    I don't think that will matter. He tamed the pet, and it maintained it's original name. So, yes, he is trolling, but he's doing it with WoW's own parameters.
    Which is why i'm trying to figure out a way to engineer a macro to solve for that.

Any smart macro people here on mmochamp?

I didn't know you can tame the TLPD, since it's a Dragon and not a beast

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    You can't. And if you are farmin anything else but the TLPD why would you need a macro anyways?

Also why would the hunter troll, f.e. my protoform wolf is also still called Vexis because I won't change his name if Blizzard already named it. Am I now no longer allowed to attack the rare in ZM anymore or what?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    You can't. And if you are farmin anything else but the TLPD why would you need a macro anyways?

Also why would the hunter troll, f.e. my protoform wolf is also still called Vexis because I won't change his name if Blizzard already named it. Am I now no longer allowed to attack the rare in ZM anymore or what?
    I mean, since you cannot tame TLPD, the hunter must have tamed a different pet and deliberately named it time-lost proto-drake, right? I cannot see any reason for doing that other than trolling (or using a cheap tactic to get tag on TLPD).

Quote Originally Posted by purgator View Post

/target time-lost proto
    /cast flame shock

It targets his pet

/target [harm] time-lost proto
    /cast flame shock

Will still fail if you have pvp on and the hunter in question is on the other faction though.
    And does not work if the rare is neutral to you.
    Last edited by kranur; 2022-05-04 at 08:56 AM.

I would argue the Hunter is just trying to get an edge to tag the mob. Trolling would be if the Hunter already has the TLPD and still does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Obviously a coincidence that the pet has the same name as the famous rare spawn he is camping.

My hunter alt still has a pet named Galleon
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't it backfire and the hunter cannot use the macro either?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaviaton View Post
    I mean, since you cannot tame TLPD, the hunter must have tamed a different pet and deliberately named it time-lost proto-drake, right? I cannot see any reason for doing that other than trolling (or using a cheap tactic to get tag on TLPD).
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    are you stupid? he used TLPD as an EXAMPLE

you cannot tame TLPD, and OP said that the hunter DIDN't CHANGED THE NAME OF THE PET and even if he did, you cannot use hyphens in your pet name

can you guys not read? Do you always feel the need to chimme in on stuff you don't understand?
    Last edited by Fistfighter; 2022-05-04 at 09:02 AM.

Imagine calling this trolling. Are people that thin skinned?

Are you allowed to use a "-" for a pet name?

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    It's calling a spade a spade. If the player's intention is to annoy someone, then by definition that person is trolling. Is the thing the troll did specifically meant to annoy OP and stopping people like OP from doing the thing they're doing? Yep. So yes. it's trolling.

Trolling is a broad term to call that kind of annoying behavior. It can go by many other names like spawn camping. But they're essentially the same; annoy other players and disrupting their game play.
    Last edited by catalystical; 2022-05-04 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    are you stupid? he used TLPD as an EXAMPLE

you cannot tame TLPD, and OP said that the hunter DIDN't CHANGED THE NAME OF THE PET and even if he did, you cannot use hyphens in your pet name

can you guys not read? Do you always feel the need to chimme in on stuff you don't understand?
    Bruh, my bad but I missed out on a word in the OP and asked a question, no need to throw a fit.
    Assuming he didn't change the original name of w/e pet then yeah, you're right, probably no troll intended and the macro Kranur provided seems to solve the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    It isn't against the ToS to name your pet that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    It's calling a spade a spade. If the player's intention is to annoy someone, then by definition that person is trolling. Is the thing the troll did specifically meant to annoy OP and stopping people like OP from doing the thing they're doing? Yep. So yes. it's trolling.
    Yet. According to Blizzard's team, this isn't trolling as this definition has been used in an attempt to make events smoother and clearer, yet, having people being around you without ToS breaking behavior, isn't considered trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Are you allowed to use a "-" for a pet name?
    Honestly? Good question. I've never tried. Can you even put a space in the name? I've always just done a single name.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Honestly? Good question. I've never tried. Can you even put a space in the name? I've always just done a single name.
    I thought the rules for pet names are the same as for player namers.
    Exception: warlock pets as you can't name them by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It isn't against the ToS to name your pet that?

- - - Updated - - -

Yet. According to Blizzard's team, this isn't trolling as this definition has been used in an attempt to make events smoother and clearer, yet, having people being around you without ToS breaking behavior, isn't considered trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, it is?

"Any name that violates our standards or disrupts the community will be changed"

It's one thing to not change the name of you Loque'nahak, it's another thing to name a random turtle "Loque'nahak" or if you name it Poundfist or whatever.

Additionally,

"Behaviour that intentionally detracts from others' enjoyment (such as griefing, throwing, feeding, etc.) is unacceptable."

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    If he is doing that on purpose, that is indeed trolling. If not, it's just a coincidence. Intent matters.