Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Blizzard has a creativity of 12 year old boy now {SRS} '

Dragons. The most common foe associated in vast majority of other games. We had them before , we have them again. Nonsense. Lazyness at maximum.
    The Landscape wasn't impressive at all. Legion looked far better. Nostalgia wins over and one wants to bring Back Grizzly Hills 2.0.
    Dragonkin race and class, cmon I could make up something grander.
    Dragon place, dragon lore, Heavily dragon association everywhere. No thank you. Terrible.
    The magic is gone. They are trying too hard now. Overhaul of UI. Talent points will divide playerbase. This is an insanely bold move that in my opinion will impact game in more negative way especially older players who are used to current setup and skills.

Apparently some Giants are foes and more dragons once again. Giants? Giants and Dragons, Is that all you can come up with? The trend and eternal circle of BS continues , same thing as many other games of this generation. Reused assets, remastered, reforged versions of 1.5 decades old games, Bringing back older characters. I have zero interest in Wow as I did in ages Fan boys will be milking money to Blizzard a a lot nontheless.

Amusing truly it is these mega fans drooling over a Dragon as if its they saw creature first time in virtual world of WoW especially. It shocks how deluded people are and limited. There is nothing remotely interesting about new expansion. Any MMO is prone to decay and decline, Its funny how players still live in their own divided world, unwilling to accept that Wow is history.

I sense strong Illusion of "new" things. You will be highly disappointed. Your excitement is too strong now.

'Hope is a first step on a road to disappointment -- Blizzard.
    Last edited by DujeBelak; 2022-05-01 at 12:22 AM.

Uh what?

I'd legitimately prefer more revisited OLD stuff, specifically for character options. Practically every allied race, plus Dracthyr, were races we had never heard of before. I didnt want Lightforged and Void Elves, I wanted Manari and High Elves. Who needs Highmountain Tauren when we coild have had Taunka? Who needs Vulpera when we could have had gilgoblins?

My problem with Dracthyr is that they arent familiar ENOUGH! It should have been a class, that replaces racial abilities and enters a druid-sized quadrupedal dragon form in combat. Like a dragon. They choose a visage based on a race of their choice, not just "not-an-elf male" and "not-a-human female". I am bummed.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2022-05-01 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Uh what?

I'd legitimately prefer more revisited OLD stuff, specifically for character options. Practically every allied race, plus Dracthyr, were races we had never heard of before. I didnt want Lightforged and Void Elves, I wanted Manari and High Elves. Who needs Highmountain Tauren when we coild have had Taunka? Who needs Vulpera when we could have had gilgoblins?

My problem with Dracthyr is that they arent familiar ENOUGH! It should have been a class, that replaces racial abilities and enters a druid-sized quadrupedal dragon form in combat. Like a dragon. They choose a visage based on a race of their choice, not just "not-an-elf male" and "not-a-human female". I am bummed.
    Of anything we ever had in wow Maloriak the boss in bwd seems the closest thing we had resembling a dracthyr

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fucking dragons, man~!

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Of anything we ever had in wow Maloriak the boss in bwd seems the closest thing we had resembling a dracthyr
    I literally would have preferred those dragonmen. They already exist in lore, they can wear armor, they can be other classes, they could have been the Worgen model's allied race. With a "pick your race" visage form, or none at all. The visage form is really what gets me, though, it's insane that theyre trying to pass off male blood elf / female human models as an entirely new, unrelated race that predates both of them.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2022-05-01 at 12:44 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    C'mon op, don't be a hipster. Dragons are cool and traditional, it's ok. They don't need to "subvert expectations", sometimes just water is nice.

I would rather the story be written from the imagination of a 12 year old than the uninspired middle aged hacks in Blizzards employ.

If you don't like the fantasy genre maybe play a game that isn't in it?

So, a critique of your opinions in this post - one, Blizzard has always had the creativity of a 12 year old, and that's generally what's made WoW enjoyable in the past. The Warcraft universe has quite literally always operated on the rule of cool to the absolute extreme, with very little that's extremely original or wildly inventive... but that's the thing, something doesn't need to be wildly inventive to be fun. Shadowlands and BFA both tried something new and were pretty much pulled out of Blizzard's rear for the most part, and both were largely considered the worst expansions in WoW's history, bringing the game to a critical low point in the player base that it's never reached before.

Now before you go throwing accusations of mega fandom, I haven't been subbed to WoW in nearly 4 years at this point. I unsubbed pretty early into BFA and have yet to resub because I have found the destructive nature of BFA and Shadowlands on both a lore and a gameplay standpoint quite frustrating as a fan of the classic lore. I've been playing the crap out of FFXIV which has quite a bit of creativity and better writing than WoW, but I also never expected FFXIV level writing from WoW and I don't think that kind of writing belongs in WoW.

Finally, Dragons have quite literally always been immensely important to Warcraft lore, playing a key critical role in the world's defense, and honestly in my opinion WoW's take on Dragons has always been something quite special. Saying it's 'just dragons like every fantasy universe' is incredibly reductive and portrays a clear lack of understanding of what Dragons in Warcraft are about. The Aspects being the literal guardians of the world installed by the Titans was always interesting, and the fact that the Dragons each guarded an aspect of the world rather than JUST being elementally coded by their colours was always very cool and unique to me.

To be put it simply, WoW is generally at its best when it's exploring the past and expanding on things we've already seen before, and generally at its worst when it's trying to make up new stuff.

Aight you made your post about how the game is awful etc, hope you feel better, you can now go back on twitter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DujeBelak View Post
    Dragons. The most common foe associated in vast majority of other games..
    U forgot skeletons
    Or bats
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get the devs are lacking creativity but what bestiary were you expecting? You’re just growing old, you’ve seen it all.

7+ Year Old Account
    i rather have some dragons than some oooh galaxy destroying super force that gets stronger and more dangerous each time

Quote Originally Posted by DujeBelak View Post
    Dragons. The most common foe associated in vast majority of other games. We had them before , we have them again. Nonsense. Lazyness at maximum.
    The Landscape wasn't impressive at all. Legion looked far better. Nostalgia wins over and one wants to bring Back Grizzly Hills 2.0.
    Dragonkin race and class, cmon I could make up something grander.
    Dragon place, dragon lore, Heavily dragon association everywhere. No thank you. Terrible.
    The magic is gone. They are trying too hard now. Overhaul of UI. Talent points will divide playerbase. This is an insanely bold move that in my opinion will impact game in more negative way especially older players who are used to current setup and skills.

Apparently some Giants are foes and more dragons once again. Giants? Giants and Dragons, Is that all you can come up with? The trend and eternal circle of BS continues , same thing as many other games of this generation. Reused assets, remastered, reforged versions of 1.5 decades old games, Bringing back older characters. I have zero interest in Wow as I did in ages Fan boys will be milking money to Blizzard a a lot nontheless.

Amusing truly it is these mega fans drooling over a Dragon as if its they saw creature first time in virtual world of WoW especially. It shocks how deluded people are and limited. There is nothing remotely interesting about new expansion. Any MMO is prone to decay and decline, Its funny how players still live in their own divided world, unwilling to accept that Wow is history.

I sense strong Illusion of "new" things. You will be highly disappointed. Your excitement is too strong now.

'Hope is a first step on a road to disappointment -- Blizzard.
    In appreciation of your none point and poor grammar, I'm going to resurrect a dead meme.

Such projection, much wow.

It really is those who are uncreative who most accuse others of being such. I recently posted this in another thread, but I think it belongs here too.

You know, this reminds me of something a TV scientist once said:

Rick Sanchez: Okay, y'know what? It would really help if you could just say anything other than what you don't want.

Get some fresh air man

10+ Year Old Account
    OP just has issues with Furries and Scalies. Probably tells Vulpera to go Yiff in Hell.

After the clusterfuck that was the last two expansions I'm glad to be going back to "Simpler" times.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    OP just has issues with Furries and Scalies. Probably tells Vulpera to go Yiff in Hell.

After the clusterfuck that was the last two expansions I'm glad to be going back to "Simpler" times.
    If by simpler times you'd have to go back further than two expansions. Three expansions ago we wielded lore weapons, fought side by side with faction leaders at every turn and fought literal gods.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    If by simpler times you'd have to go back further than two expansions. Three expansions ago we wielded lore weapons, fought side by side with faction leaders at every turn and fought literal gods.
    True.

Legion at least had some redeeming qualities about it. BfA and Shadowlands... ehhh
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Their creative team is just burnt out, that's all. The expansion has zero - I say it again - zero own takes on anything.

Talent system is 1:1 the old talent system mixed with what we have now.

Dragon Riding is a carbon copy of Guild Wars 2 flying, it even has the exact same animations.

Dracthyr and Evoker... we have to see, but there's nothing "fresh" there either. Evoker has animations that are just a rip off of every other class, particularly Demon Hunter.

The expansion just lacks every kind of ambition.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Like the big bad Death guy ended up being any good... -_-