Thread: Torghast Gated

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Torghast Gated

Why is Torghast STILL gated behind RNG this late in the expansion?
    What's so wrong with having all halls open in perpetuity?
    Who loses and what do they lose if the halls are all permanently open?
    I don't understand and my realization that I must wait another (unjustified) week (potentially more) makes me just want to log off...
    So I did ...
    To come here and ask this question and edit:read your responses.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gatged or RNGed ? Be precise. Dunno just done 2 runs for some cinders and now its dead end for me :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They want to do a rotation, no other reason.

Waiting for what exactly? If you're interested in legendary powers, you can rejoin Twisting Corridors until you get the correct type and then just kill the first boss to get the legendary power. You can get all the Torghast legendary powers in a single week like that.

If it's for achievements, well, you're SOL. Blizzard does what Blizzard wants. At this point, the rotation is mostly a holdover from when the rewards were restricted on a weekly basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Its abandoned failed content. It's just going to be left to rot. They imagined it being so popular players would be biting at the bit to do them.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want legendaries? Do Twisting Corridors
    You want cinders / ash? Farm 16s on your main

There's no gate anymore

It took me 12 nights of attempting to create groups to get a Jailer Gauntlet for Layer 6.

There is no incentive for any of this anymore. And because the Higher Layers are locked behind lower ones, finding a group is a nightmare, let alone one doing the exact same layer...

Any new players are SOL if they wan to do Torghast in a group.
    Last edited by Squigglyo; 2022-05-04 at 11:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly. Didn't know that rotation counted as gating. Learning something new. I would, myself, guess that it is on rotation for the reason that if it wasn't, it would have an even higher chance of being stale? I mean, Torghast is purely to spend time, anything done within is hardly of value, and the amount to do is minimal.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I mean, yeah, I feel like they should just open all the wings at all times at this point

Trying to get the achievement is a pain in the ass, especially if you forget about it for a week.

To everyone:

OPs point is that it's stupid that there's only two wings a week, and it's not a proper rotation but random which one is open.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    You want legendaries? Do Twisting Corridors
    You want cinders / ash? Farm 16s on your main

There's no gate anymore
    Or you just by the cinders and ash in ZM for cosmic flux since that zone hands out cosmic flux like candy.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post
    Why is Torghast STILL gated behind RNG this late in the expansion?
    What's so wrong with having all halls open in perpetuity?
    Who loses and what do they lose if the halls are all permanently open?
    I don't understand and my realization that I must wait another (unjustified) week (potentially more) makes me just want to log off...
    So I did ...
    To come here and ask this question and edit:read your responses.
    Just an FYI on the 9.2.5 PTR all wings are in fact perma-open.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Just an FYI on the 9.2.5 PTR all wings are in fact perma-open.
    Ahh wonderful.

EDIT: I want to do Skoldus for my warriors legendary and I was all excited to get home yesterday after server reset to do it but...No Skoldus... Unless I'm missing something or am meant to do something else first to unlock Skoldus Halls?

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Gatged or RNGed ? Be precise. Dunno just done 2 runs for some cinders and now its dead end for me :P
    They mean the rng between wings weekly.

Edit: well it seems it was addressed in a post above
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Its abandoned failed content. It's just going to be left to rot. They imagined it being so popular players would be biting at the bit to do them.
    Irony is the beta version might have done just that..Theeeen they started making it suck(at least according to those who have done it)..They just don't get fun i think

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ahh wonderful.

EDIT: I want to do Skoldus for my warriors legendary and I was all excited to get home yesterday after server reset to do it but...No Skoldus... Unless I'm missing something or am meant to do something else first to unlock Skoldus Halls?
    as other people have suggested, doing Skoldus in Twisting Corridors should give you what you need... I think

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Irony is the beta version might have done just that..Theeeen they started making it suck(at least according to those who have done it)..They just don't get fun i think
    the 9.2 version should've been the one implemented from the start

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    as other people have suggested, doing Skoldus in Twisting Corridors should give you what you need... I think
    I read online in comments from Wowhead on the legendary item that it drops from Level 3 Skoldus only along with a bunch of other classes legendaries?

At this point, it seems like Blizz would just leave everything open and let players do whatever they want.

Personally I despised every single second I spent in that shit hole.

I am so glad to be done with that dumpster fire that Torghast is. At this point besides trying to move away from it I doubt they want people unlocking all the followers and legendary items in a series of runs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    At this point, it seems like Blizz would just leave everything open and let players do whatever they want.

Personally I despised every single second I spent in that shit hole.
    It is se.of the worst content they have made. You could see the writing on the wall with the N'Zoth visions. Those sucked and were the test stages for Torghast. The Maw and Torghast are the biggest reasons I quit playing.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post

- - - Updated - - -

the 9.2 version should've been the one implemented from the start
    I mean final patch versions of everything seems to be where they should gave started these days

10+ Year Old Account
    I read online in comments from Wowhead on the legendary item that it drops from Level 3 Skoldus only along with a bunch of other classes legendaries?
    That information is a little outdated.

I honestly am not 100% on TC so I don't want to say with certainty, but I believe you can get any of the Torghast drops ones there (followers too I think?)

You can also learn it from the Chronicle of Lost Memories item on your covenant renown vendor. That item will teach you ones you don't know from any source, although it's random which you learn. If you're missing a bunch, I wouldn't gamble with it but if you're only down a couple, it's the absolute easiest way.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |