Thread: Torghast Gated

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post
    I read online in comments from Wowhead on the legendary item that it drops from Level 3 Skoldus only along with a bunch of other classes legendaries?
    well according to https://www.wowhead.com/item=183383/...-enduring-blow it drops from those 3 bosses presumably from Level 3 onwards. however those bosses also appear in Twisting Corridors; you just have to get the Skoldus wing of TC for it to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you just have to get the Skoldus wing of TC for it to drop.
    How does one get the Skoldus wing of Twisting Corridors? Or is that just luck of the draw as well?

Edit: I just seen this on google "If you walk into Twisting Corridors, the first six floors are (like the rest of it) random. You can walk in and walk out until you eventually get Skoldus Halls."

So if I say do this and then complete layer 1 Skoldus will that mean I move into Layer 2 Skoldus or something random?
    Last edited by Kharnath; 2022-05-05 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Irony is the beta version might have done just that..Theeeen they started making it suck(at least according to those who have done it)..They just don't get fun i think
    I don't really know... beta was interest in how wacky it was but I'm not sure it would of faired better long term...

It would of had less hp sponges for enemies though.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    How does one get the Skoldus wing of Twisting Corridors? Or is that just luck of the draw as well?

Edit: I just seen this on google "If you walk into Twisting Corridors, the first six floors are (like the rest of it) random. You can walk in and walk out until you eventually get Skoldus Halls."

So if I say do this and then complete layer 1 Skoldus will that mean I move into Layer 2 Skoldus or something random?
    just keep entering and exiting until you get Skoldus. took me 3 goes. did level 3 which is really easy with ZM catch up gear and I got the Memory of an Enduring Blow from the floor 6 boss.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    just keep entering and exiting until you get Skoldus. took me 3 goes. did level 3 which is really easy with ZM catch up gear and I got the Memory of an Enduring Blow from the floor 6 boss.
    Wonderful I don't feel so bad now

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    They mean the rng between wings weekly.

Edit: well it seems it was addressed in a post above
    Ok. It was an issue for me in early 9.0. Later just ash/cinders no matter what wing was opened. The potential of thorgast was huge... that is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Its abandoned failed content. It's just going to be left to rot. They imagined it being so popular players would be biting at the bit to do them.
    I still wonder how they could imagine it being popular with ZERO meaningful rewards besides materials and essences for legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I still wonder how they could imagine it being popular with ZERO meaningful rewards besides materials and essences for legendaries.
    I don't think blizzard knows how to make progression content for awful players. I certainly dont.... their idea seemed to be to flood an instance with weak but very high hp mobs and hope they enjoyed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I don't think blizzard knows how to make progression content for awful players. I certainly dont.... their idea seemed to be to flood an instance with weak but very high hp mobs and hope they enjoyed that.
    Many bosses and even “end of floor” bosses have interesting mechanics you HAVE to deal with if you try to do a layer you’re not enough geared to try (I discovered that by pure chance with my enha shaman some time ago) but the problem is that besides the “yay I made it anyways” the first couple of times, you are not even remotely “pushed” to do Torghast because there are no rewards.

No rewards

huh

Okay.

Just Imagine you could keep all the powers from one wing and go into the next with them.

Blizzard wanted to make every run a challenge, but the fun in roguelikes is to be overpowered at and mow down bigger and stronger groups/bosses. Torghast has you collect stuff to kill one boss. Not much time to enjoy silly amounts of power

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Gatged or RNGed ? Be precise. Dunno just done 2 runs for some cinders and now its dead end for me :P
    Nowadays when people dislike something in WoW they will call it either a Borrowed Power, RNG and Timegated even when it has nothing to do with one or another.

- - - Updated - - -

I read online in comments from Wowhead on the legendary item that it drops from Level 3 Skoldus only along with a bunch of other classes legendaries?
    There is an item called Memory-something which unlocks a random legendary you don't have yet (afaik it first unlocks based on your spec). You can buy them from various vendors with various currencies (covenants, maw, korthia, zereth mortis and a few others afaik). All their prices are so low and easy to farm, you just have to do something to unlock them.

I have recently played a lot of alts and there has never been a case where I couldn't unlock the legendary I wanted within the first day or few.

- - - Updated - - -

Define meaningful. They did it and people called it Choreghast, because they felt they were forced to do it for those meaningful rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    You want legendaries? Do Twisting Corridors
    You want cinders / ash? Farm 16s on your main

There's no gate anymore
    Furthermore, you can transfer cinders and ashes in a 3 to 2.5 ratio to alts in Korthia. And you can purchase an item in Zereth Mortis for 3k cosmic flux which gives you the exact amount of cinders and ashes you need for a ilvl291 legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Nowadays when people dislike something in WoW they will call it either a Borrowed Power, RNG and Timegated even when it has nothing to do with one or another.

- - - Updated - - -

There is an item called Memory-something which unlocks a random legendary you don't have yet (afaik it first unlocks based on your spec). You can buy them from various vendors with various currencies (covenants, maw, korthia, zereth mortis and a few others afaik). All their prices are so low and easy to farm, you just have to do something to unlock them.

I have recently played a lot of alts and there has never been a case where I couldn't unlock the legendary I wanted within the first day or few.

- - - Updated - - -

Define meaningful. They did it and people called it Choreghast, because they felt they were forced to do it for those meaningful rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

Furthermore, you can transfer cinders and ashes in a 3 to 2.5 ratio to alts in Korthia. And you can purchase an item in Zereth Mortis for 3k cosmic flux which gives you the exact amount of cinders and ashes you need for a ilvl291 legendary.
    Meaningful = gear power progression related rewards.

UPDATE - Last night I went into Torghast and did the "Door Dance" until I saw Skoldus pop up and got excited, I cleared the 6 Skoldus floors and then the 7th floor changed to another name, so I left, all I received was some gold. So I did the "Door Dance" again until Skoldus showed up and after a dozen or so attempts it appeared again but this time I resolved to stay after clearing the 6 Skoldus Floors, I cleared 2 more floors (Not Skoldus) after clearing the 6 Skoldus floors again then went to bed giving up before doing the 9th floor (unknown name not Skoldus).

UPDATE - Last night I went into Torghast and did the "Door Dance" until I saw Skoldus pop up and got excited, I cleared the 6 Skoldus floors and then the 7th floor changed to another name, so I left, all I received was some gold. So I did the "Door Dance" again until Skoldus showed up and after a dozen or so attempts it appeared again but this time I resolved to stay after clearing the 6 Skoldus Floors, I cleared 2 more floors (Not Skoldus) after clearing the 6 Skoldus floors again then went to bed giving up before doing the 9th floor (unknown name not Skoldus).
    I'm not entirely sure if that's still the case, but supposedly Torghast legendaries only dropped from layer 3 and above at some point, and presumably that logic also applies to Twisting Corridors.

That means you'll likely have to do all 18 floors of layer 1 and 2 to advance to layer 3.

At that point you should be able to rejoin Twisting Corridors layer 3 until you find Skoldus Halls, then advance to level 6 and kill the boss. The boss kill should net you the legendary you're seeking.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, these are the devs that helped create BfA, so why are you even surprised? Sure bodes well for Dragonflight. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I'm not entirely sure if that's still the case, but supposedly Torghast legendaries only dropped from layer 3 and above at some point, and presumably that logic also applies to Twisting Corridors.

That means you'll likely have to do all 18 floors of layer 1 and 2 to advance to layer 3.

At that point you should be able to rejoin Twisting Corridors layer 3 until you find Skoldus Halls, then advance to level 6 and kill the boss. The boss kill should net you the legendary you're seeking.
    Hannnnng on a second... Floors/Layers these are.... two different things?!?! 18 floors for LAYER 1?!?

EDIT: Dr.Google - Torghast is divided into six primary wings, with eight layers of five floors per layer. All wings play similarly, but each wing has its own twist on a mechanic.

Well at least it's Friday be interesting to see how far I can get this evening.
    Last edited by Kharnath; 2022-05-05 at 10:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hannnnng on a second... Floors/Layers these are.... two different things?!?! 18 floors for LAYER 1?!?

EDIT: Dr.Google - Torghast is divided into six primary wings, with eight layers of five floors per layer. All wings play similarly, but each wing has its own twist on a mechanic.

Well at least it's Friday be interesting to see how far I can get this evening.
    TC has 18 floors per layer also, it's not like regular Torghast. So you'll need to clear the first two layers and then try to fish for Skodus on layer 3.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    TC has 18 floors per layer also, it's not like regular Torghast. So you'll need to clear the first two layers and then try to fish for Skodus on layer 3.
    Ok so...
    Layer 1 = 18 floors (any name in Twisting Corridors?)
    Layer 2 = 18 floors (any name in Twisting Corridors?)
    Layer 3 = 18 Floors (Door Dance for Skoldus in Twisting Corridors?)
    Layer 4 = 18 Floors (Door Dance for Skoldus in Twisting Corridors?)
    etc
    etc
    etc

?
    Last edited by Kharnath; 2022-05-05 at 11:22 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's no reason to maintain this rotation of torghast wings anymore, they're just suckers for timegating/seasonal/timelimited content in an attempt to keep things feeling fresh and different from one week to the next. It's why they stuff this in everywhere they can while maintaining that you must buy sub too in order to play a game you've purchased. Last thing they want is for you to seek fun elsewhere and they need your login regularly to buff their monthly-active-user reportnumbers.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2022-05-05 at 11:43 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.