Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fated raids + Tier Sets + Shards of Domination

As season 4 will include another power increase (M0 -> 262, Fated raid -> 278/291/304), how about Tier sets and / or Shards of Domination?
    Will Tier sets drop? Will they only drop from Sepulcher or also in the other raids? Will there be Shard items?

7+ Year Old Account
    Thats good question what about tier set. Shards are goin to back ?

I've read that shards will not be usable in fated/don't come back. So that people do not have to go after those once again, just for this single raid.
    I don't know the link/source where I've seen that, so take it with a grain of salt.

As Tiersets are not only available via Raid, why should they not be able to drop? We have a crafting system using the itemlevel of the "used" item.

7+ Year Old Account
    Shards are not coming back, as Blizz said. That would be ridiculous, 4 tier pieces + 5 shard pieces + 2 leggos.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    I've read that shards will not be usable in fated/don't come back. So that people do not have to go after those once again, just for this single raid.
    I don't know the link/source where I've seen that, so take it with a grain of salt.

As Tiersets are not only available via Raid, why should they not be able to drop? We have a crafting system using the itemlevel of the "used" item.
    This. With 9.2.5 people will easily be able to re-craft their tier slots on higher ilvl ones from the fated system.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Shards are not coming back, as Blizz said. That would be ridiculous, 4 tier pieces + 5 shard pieces + 2 leggos.
    Thats great shard were so bad as hell. Im glad to hear this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    This. With 9.2.5 people will easily be able to re-craft their tier slots on higher ilvl ones from the fated system.
    Wouldn't be surprised if the Catalyst charges reset with the start of season 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

And what's wrong with things getting ridiculous at the final patch? Ridiculous is fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And what's wrong with things getting ridiculous at the final patch? Ridiculous is fun.
    Because it is not a 8.3 Essences slotted in HoA, huge amounts of secondary stats and wacky Corruption effects type of ridiculous. It is having 11 gear slots bricked and AGAIN having to farm proper corruption gear and shards and then leveling them up type of ridiculous.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-05-04 at 11:29 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Timewalking Raids already drop non-Tier versions of former Tier items, I would assume the same for items with Domination Sockets - same name, same stats, but no socket.

But obviously, as already speculated, you'd be able to use loot from Fated Raids with the Creation Catalyst to apply Tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Sure, but only the items from one of the three Fated Raids have Domination Sockets, that would make people focus on that raid alone
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Because it is not a 8.3 huge amounts of secondary stats and wacky Corruption effects type of ridiculous. It is having 11 gear slots bricked and AGAIN having to farm proper corruption gear and shards and then leveling them type of ridiculous.
    Yeah, it's problematic because the Domination system was crap. Could be fixed if they wanted to fix it though. Let the raid drop the shards at max rank so people don't have to look for them and instead of items with sockets they could just add consumables that add sockets instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Sure, but only the items from one of the three Fated Raids have Domination Sockets, that would make people focus on that raid alone
    Only one raid is up at any time anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if the Catalyst charges reset with the start of season 4.
    Which isn't really a problem to be honest - you would just be locked to upgrade one tier per week.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

People will bitch about how alt unfriendly WoW is, and then mention how epic it would be to have to farm tier sets and domination sockets + gems in the next sentence.

Which isn't really a problem to be honest - you would just be locked to upgrade one tier per week.
    That entirely depends if they're also willing to go as far as to delay the rollout of Catalyst charges again despite the overwhelming feedback. One would hope not, but with Blizzard it's hard not to be skeptical.
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    As season 4 will include another power increase (M0 -> 262, Fated raid -> 278/291/304), how about Tier sets and / or Shards of Domination?
    Will Tier sets drop? Will they only drop from Sepulcher or also in the other raids? Will there be Shard items?
    Already answered
    Yes tier from sepulcher and catalyst
    No shard items

Also, you will already have a tier set bonus, so the won't be such a massive difference which we had now.

That entirely depends if they're also willing to go as far as to delay the rollout of Catalyst charges again despite the overwhelming feedback. One would hope not, but with Blizzard it's hard not to be skeptical.
    I mean most ppl will have their Tier at that point anyways
    I know nobody who will ditch 4 set for a few ilvls

7+ Year Old Account
    Catalyst and vault would fix tier set drop anyway. This should not be a problem imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn 4 Lyfe View Post
    I mean most ppl will have their Tier at that point anyways
    I know nobody who will ditch 4 set for a few ilvls
    But see, that's the issue. Let's say that CN and SoD are the first 2 raids to be available as Fated in season 4.

Any ilvl upgrade you get in a tier slot will literally just take up bagspace until Blizzard unlocks the Catalyst.

Obviously no use worrying about it at this point since we've realistically no way of knowing until season 4 begins, but the fact that the scenario even has to be considered is testament to Blizzard's stubbornness in game design.

But see, that's the issue. Let's say that CN and SoD are the first 2 raids to be available as Fated in season 4.

Any ilvl upgrade you get in a tier slot will literally just take up bagspace until Blizzard unlocks the Catalyst.

Obviously no use worrying about it at this point since we've realistically no way of knowing until season 4 begins, but the fact that the scenario even has to be considered is testament to Blizzard's stubbornness in game design.
    It only has to be considered because you, specifically, think they will reset Catalyst charges and/or delay availability. I am sure we can all come up with any number of issues by making unfounded suppositions.