Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    no . crafting in good rpg game is its own game. there is nothing wrong with crafting being viable way to play the game

    we are basickly returnign to stone age of wow - old talents , old way of crafting where only raiders can craft , no legendaries , nothign interesting to do in game but raid.

    this is disaster waiting to happen months before launch .

    this will be basicly WoD with pre mop talents and m+ .

    god help us all.
    Please tell us more about how you hate this.

    Honestly not sure what to say when you're literally stuck on 'only raiders can craft' when that's not how it works. At all. Not sure if you're just trolling, really.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-05 at 06:29 PM.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    The rise and fall of this system is simply bound to the question if you need to play high end content to become able to be a high end crafter. I hope blizzard does not repeat this mistake. A dedicated crafter really should be able to invest months into crafting to become able to build the best stuff. No matter, if he actually plays content you need the stuff for. If blizzard does that, this system could be good.

    Any kind of "forge" you only find in mythic raids or dungeons would contradict that. Any mat you would need from high end instanced content would contradict that.

    I will wait until beta to judge finally.
    Odds are you won't. I imagine the patterns will be time consuming but easy to get. I also expect there will be " masters" logged on 24/7 offering to craft anything for 50s on raid realms while low pop realms will struggle to obtain valuable items at all.

  3. #103
    I understood the soulbound reagents can be used when doing a crafting order. So there is an indirect trade.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    I understood the soulbound reagents can be used when doing a crafting order. So there is an indirect trade.
    I think the best way to think about it is like opening lock boxes if the lock box was bop and dropped bop items.

    You can use your skill to open it but you can't obtain the item itself.

  5. #105
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,979
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I think the best way to think about it is like opening lock boxes if the lock box was bop and dropped bop items.

    You can use your skill to open it but you can't obtain the item itself.
    You keep repeating this dumbfuck analogy, when it has nothing to do with how their new crafting has been explained.

    At this point I can't tell if you are being willfully ignorant or are just retarded.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    You keep repeating this dumbfuck analogy, when it has nothing to do with how their new crafting has been explained.

    At this point I can't tell if you are being willfully ignorant or are just retarded.
    It's pretty close. You can argue work orders are not exactly trading but it's pretty spot on.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    You keep repeating this dumbfuck analogy, when it has nothing to do with how their new crafting has been explained.

    At this point I can't tell if you are being willfully ignorant or are just retarded.
    I mean there’s only a couple pieces missing but it’s fairly close.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    You keep repeating this dumbfuck analogy, when it has nothing to do with how their new crafting has been explained.

    At this point I can't tell if you are being willfully ignorant or are just retarded.
    Literally from the start of this thread they have been obtuse and outright ignoring things that have been confirmed extensively in interviews and blue posts because they refuse to engage with any new information and think the new systems just use the regular trade interface and restrictions.

    Just ignore them and move on. There's people like this in the Dracyhyr threads too, intentionally ignoring things confirmed multiple times to insist on how they think it's going to work incorrectly. I have no idea why, but there are many posters on MMOC who seem incapable of understand what has been said by devs.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Literally from the start of this thread they have been obtuse and outright ignoring things that have been confirmed extensively in interviews and blue posts because they refuse to engage with any new information and think the new systems just use the regular trade interface and restrictions.
    Problem is, people simply do not expect anything good from blizzard nowadays, as everything they added worked out differently than announced in the past. Blizzard needs to convince its players with good systems and gameplay rather than lip services. Words from the devs are useles. Only actions count. Only if they do the last players will return.

    Until then i myself will always be skeptical about everything they add.

    The last two expacs were utter garbage, so why should anyone not be negative about new concepts blizzard comes up with?

    Even if this thread contradicted some of my biggest concerns i am still skeptical about the crafting system. And i will until the final day of beta. The days they get me hyped and the days i do accept anything they say without doubt are long over. In the end this system is entirely based on the question if the devs managed to overcome their gate keeping for crafts which are as strong as gear from high end content, which do not need materials from gameplay most people do not play. If they manage to do that, this could work.

    One of my current concerns is, that the soulbound mats will only be available from premade group play and rated pvp, not from world content and not from matchmade dungeons. Which literally is another gate keeping.

    Will pvp crafters be able to invest 10000 honor in mats to craft a high level item you could also craft for 1000 conquest? I still doubt that. Simply because blizzard always did gate keeping in the past.

    I will always assume the worst until proven otherwise. There simply is no trust left.
    Last edited by cantrip; 2022-05-06 at 07:04 AM.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Problem is, people simply do not expect anything good from blizzard nowadays, as everything they added worked out differently than announced in the past. Blizzard needs to convince its players with good systems and gameplay rather than lip services. Words from the devs are useles. Only actions count. Only if they do the last players will return.

    Until then i myself will always be skeptical about everything they add.

    The last two expacs were utter garbage, so why should anyone not be negative about new concepts blizzard comes up with?

    Even if this thread contradicted some of my biggest concerns i am still skeptical about the crafting system. And i will until the final day of beta. The days they get me hyped and the days i do accept anything they say without doubt are long over. In the end this system is entirely based on the question if the devs managed to overcome their gate keeping for crafts which are as strong as gear from high end content, which do not need materials from gameplay most people do not play. If they manage to do that, this could work.

    One of my current concerns is, that the soulbound mats will only be available from premade group play and rated pvp, not from world content and not from matchmade dungeons. Which literally is another gate keeping.

    Will pvp crafters be able to invest 10000 honor in mats to craft a high level item you could also craft for 1000 conquest? I still doubt that. Simply because blizzard always did gate keeping in the past.

    I will always assume the worst until proven otherwise. There simply is no trust left.
    They haven't said much on it yet but so far they stated normal and mythic raids would each drop their own material so it is likely.

    They mentioned world content but I imagine that would reflect relics in ZM were they cap out at a certain point.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    They haven't said much on it yet but so far they stated normal and mythic raids would each drop their own material so it is likely.
    Did they? Was this in an interview I haven't watched yet, or somewhere in the Deep Dive I forgot about? I didn't get that impression from the profession blue posts.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Did they? Was this in an interview I haven't watched yet, or somewhere in the Deep Dive I forgot about? I didn't get that impression from the profession blue posts.
    It was from one of the I interviews though I admit I am struggling to recall what one. It wasn't a in depth point only a sentence or two... I want to say asmongold... honestly I'm not sure.

  13. #113
    Interesting quote:

    https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...nflight-326973

    Quote Originally Posted by blue
    Now, say you got your piece crafted by that unskilled crafter at quality 1 / item level 325. Maybe he’s a friend and says, hey Letholas, I’ve been working on my blacksmithing and I can now make that piece at quality 5! Send it to me via a recrafting order to me and I’ll hook you up. You do so.

    Your friend then recrafts your helm using the old helm, 20 dragon scales, and one of a special reagent he earned, to recraft it. The result is it is now quality 5 and item level 335.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Whats the underlying issues?
    Loot vs. crafted items.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Loot vs. crafted items.
    What’s the issue with loot vs crafted items

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    It was from one of the I interviews though I admit I am struggling to recall what one. It wasn't a in depth point only a sentence or two... I want to say asmongold... honestly I'm not sure.
    I dont think what you said has been mentioned yet I think you’re having a false memory

  16. #116
    I got the impression from the blue post that's its one currency that drops in many places and just drops MORE in higher content. So if you want to make a mythic piece doing normals and raid content you can, but it will take a long time.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Well, you can make a lot of token gold with crafting in Dragonflight. Especially as a raider if you have raid mats and raid recipes.

    And blizzard will not remove boosting. Guilds like method still do it. They just advertise outside of the game.

    see https://www.wowhead.com/news/boostin...ard-ban-326953

    I am sure blizzard is not going to ban these high profile guilds. The devs love them.
    I'm telling you right now once Microsoft fully takes over that WoW token is being retired.

    I am also fully expecting Battle.net to be merged with Gamepass and Steam.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - The subscription for WoW will be added to Gamepass Ultimate at no additional cost, mark my words.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I'm telling you right now once Microsoft fully takes over that WoW token is being retired.

    I am also fully expecting Battle.net to be merged with Gamepass and Steam.
    I doubt that as this did not happen with Zenimax online until now. They also have a MMO, and nothing changed since Bethesda was acquired.

    I guess it will take a generation of games until Blizzards IPs will be used for and from microsofts platforms.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Loot vs. crafted items.
    Elaborate /10
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    How the fuck is this trolling?

    Discussing moderation is against the rules. Infracted.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Royru View Post
    What’s the issue with loot vs crafted items
    Loot is easily acquired while crafted items are in most cases not worth the effort and price. Especially with the abundance of loot in mythic (+).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •