Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    First time I hear that... Only heard whales being used to describe people who can and will spend lots of money on in-game stuff. Don't think I've ever heard anyone describing the act like you did. Nor have I met anyone who relish in the act and proclaim themselves superior to others who can't pay for it.
    Whales are just people who will spend insane amounts of money in a game.

Being able to is secondary, since they will do so regardless.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of the "social contract".

When I contacted Blizzard because I was being harassed both in and out of game by another player, their response was 'Oh never mind, just ignore them'. What I wanted was some sort of discount on moving my toons to another server so I could continue to play hassle-free. I had plenty of evidence of what was happening, in the end I had to start a fresh account.

Blizzard can and should do more to deal with online harassment, but this is just virtue signaling.

I would love to buy the edition, that includes the 30 days of game time, BUT I want the game time to be added when the expansion releases, not when I buy it.
    This never made sense to me TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    Blizzard can and should do more to deal with online harassment, but this is just virtue signaling.
    Of course it is virtue signalling. They don't and won't have enough CS people to actually act on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    "Negative comments about someone's ability" is hate speech lol
    Yeah, I got a good laugh outta that BS as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Dunno how "Don't be an ass" can look so hard to you.
    For me personally, it's not (most of the time **smile**).
    If you dont see a problem with a gamecompany dictating how you should play and behave in a game, I dont know what to tell you.

"Play as a team..", "Do your best..", "Assist other players.." I would love to see how a 'judgement process' would look like if you were found guilty of these charges. Lol.

We don't have to discuss this now since its not clear if thats the case or not yet.

Have a nice weekend, xoxo.

Imagine being so afraid of your own shadow that you report someone in a fake world for hurting your feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Perhaps you think I am poking fun of people who purchase cash shop items in-game but a whale is very different. A whale is a specific type of elitist who enjoys exclusivity at the exchange of RL currency rather than for effort or time spent like typical hardcore types. They enjoy price increases because it makes things less affordable for the average player. Whales themselves are toxic individuals.
    Are you sure you quoted the right person?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    "Negative comments about someone's ability" is hate speech lol
    To be fair to the original text, there's a good chance that "ability" here is meant to be understood along the lines of able disabled differently abled and all sorts of american shenanigans.

The fact that ability is grouped with race and gender lends further weight to that interpretation.

Lol social contract.

I’m surprised it doesn’t say “Please check your white, male, heterosexual, CIS gender privilege before playing this game.”

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Are you sure you quoted the right person?
    You're the one who quoted me originally and went on some rant about fighting toxicity with toxicity. So, same question to you.

aww no more physical pc game box?

feelsbadman

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Yeah, I got a good laugh outta that BS as well.
    So is reporting someone for being afk in a bg, now abuse?..

Last week's weekly quest was win 4 bgs, and arathi basin was up vs the bots, that should be easy wins, fast. Instead people go afk at stables, usually the person who uses cds to get there first, does 0 damage, n is afk when the bots cap stables, I have gotten reported for calling out those assholes. Maybe I should treat wow as a single player game from now on...no communication, cuz cslling out people for their behavior makes them flustered n go cry for blizz..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-05-06 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I think it's fully reasonable for the sub cost, in the US, to be 20-25 dollars.

People don't realize that over the past 20+ years, the price of games (and the WoW sub) has stayed relatively the same, and has never increased relative to inflation.

How else are companies going to recoup these losses? The gamer crowd is largely too stupid to understand inflation, or any of this really, so instead of just flat increasing the price of the game or subscription, we get pay2win, loot boxes, micro-transactions and other money making schemes that turn games into trash.
    The only other comparable subscription game is FF14 they have the same 15 dollar a month sub cost, and unlike WoW, their population is growing. want to see numbers drop even faster, raise the sub price :P

10+ Year Old Account
    You're the one who quoted me originally and went on some rant about fighting toxicity with toxicity. So, same question to you.
    Ah indeed, I see now. It wasn't you I meant to quote originally, but the poster above you.

About time Blizzard try and do something about all the toxic bastards in WoW. Plain and simply out of control. Hats off to them. Now they just need to ban the ones that attempt to continue and be toxic pricks. Another step closer to getting me to return to the game.

Because whales literally don't care. Some of them would select $499.99 if they could.
    I’ll never understand why people who think people with a lot of disposable income got that way without being good stewards of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I’ll never understand why people who think people with a lot of disposable income got that way without being good stewards of their money.
    I'll never understand how people enjoy pretending everyone with alot of disposable income gained it through being good with their money.

• Connect
    • Play as a team
    • Assist other players
    • Help answer questions others have in chat channels
    Demands, brainwashing, and nothing in return. Psychological warfare in the open. That's rude, Blizzard.

• Hate speech
    • Harassment
    • disruptive behaviors
    • punishment
    • suspension
    • advertising
    This will get abused to its fullest extent. Normal people will be banned for nothing while every single boosterkek will probably be running rampart untouched.

Dodging bullet regardless with this game.
    Last edited by neik; 2022-05-06 at 04:35 PM.

Um....yes. It's toxic.

If someone berates my lack of skill or knowledge of the game, I will wear that like a badge of honor. While they were wasting their life learning a useless skill like being good in a video game, I went to school, got my Masters, live in a house that is worth (currently) 600k, and is paid off, and make 6 figures.

Yeah. I suck, but at least I didn't waste years of my life learning a useless skill like trying to understand if Arcane is better than Fire.

You know, lots of others have those things (and more) and can still perform a proper rotation, play the better spec, and not need to be carried by their group.

I think it's fully reasonable for the sub cost, in the US, to be 20-25 dollars.

People don't realize that over the past 20+ years, the price of games (and the WoW sub) has stayed relatively the same, and has never increased relative to inflation.

How else are companies going to recoup these losses? The gamer crowd is largely too stupid to understand inflation, or any of this really, so instead of just flat increasing the price of the game or subscription, we get pay2win, loot boxes, micro-transactions and other money making schemes that turn games into trash.
    Ok, this is probably one of the most idiotic posts i've ever read on mmo-champion (with an exclusion of the politics-forum). Not the most idiotic, but it manage to be at least in the top 20, and maybe even make it into the top 10.

Sorry, but you really are totally blind about gaming, tech and stuff alltogether: Yes, at the beginning 13 Bucks were a lot, and inflation exists and servers exist: DOES NOT MATTER. While the inflation raised, the cost of managing wow-servers decreased RADICALLY! You know how expensive Server-Blades were back 20 Years ago, how slow they were, how much the hardware costed and how expensive service was it: back then we had 8 hours every week downtime, and sometimes it took 2-3 days because the server was gone and replacement took a while. Nowadays you need far less hardware that is also far more reliable and the stress on the hardware did not increase as much as the hardware got better.

Also, and that's something even Blizzard knows: Sub numbers are not as important as it was. But no one wants to play a dead game and spend money on it. Increasing the sub cost on a game where even in the near future there is a similar service called GAME PASS where you can play hundreds of games AT THE SAME PRICE and even have CLOUD GAMING that REQUIRES FAR MORE HARDWARE than a simply number cruncer as WoW actually needs, increasing the hurdle to join this game is absolutely idiotic.

Because one thing is sure: adding something to the store does not matter jackshit if people play or not, just look at FFXIV. Sorry, but everyone who complained in wow about the cash shop and plays FFXIV nowadays is a goddamn hypocrite. Because in terms of shamelessness the FFXIV store is a few tiers higher. And they won't increase their sub-cost either, why: just add some new cute pet in the store, as long as the game is good, it simply does not matter and this makes more money than rising sub-costs. Because there is something that will drive player always away, does not matter what: raising the sub-cost. They already did it multiple times, and it never ended well.