Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What's the point of an MMO if you can't call a group of strangers idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    I'll take "Things That Never Happened" for $500, Alex.
    Nah, it's a possibility. There are quite a few wealthy people I've met over the years in WoW like myself although I didn't need to brag about it like that person did but I will say I have more than they do, retired at 30, got kicked out of high school in Grade 10 and I can still pull purple parses. /flex :P

I got a laugh out of the Masters part though when they posted it. :P I didn't even do Physics 10 in HS and am still good at the game. :P

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    How else are companies going to recoup these losses?
    Make better content so you don't lose huge amounts of your consumer base every single year

The Social Contract is laughable at best. If they suspend or ban anyone for said behavior on this social contract they are making everyone agree too, they will literally have nobody left to play their game, with the exception of a few furrys that only use emotes to speak with other players and some very nice people who have kids and only log in once every couple of weeks for an hour, most of that time afk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Exit game

/10char
    This makes me so happy. I truly hope you, and anyone else who declines would no longer sub to the game.

Running PUG's will be so much less toxic.

Thanks for stopping by, don't let the door hit you on your way out!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Why would anyone say they'd pay the higher amounts?
    Because I want the mounts, pets, and transmog and I can afford it?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the autoreport system it doesnt matter. People will report for whatever they want.

I remember before Shadowlands, the boost would come with the game at 60$. Not sure how I feel about paying an extra 10$ for a mount if I want that boost now. Certainly, most of the rewards for epic don't interest me either. But getting 30 days of game time should be standard for buying the expansion. How else would one actually play it if they don't get time to play it? Asinine if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomesized View Post
    Ah yes you're both right, thanks. Maybe they'll confirm a collector's edition boxed version with the art book later then.
    Yes looking forward to it myself.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    This makes me so happy. I truly hope you, and anyone else who declines would no longer sub to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he was referring to the alleged different price points for the same level of the game. IE: In your case that would be the epic edition. He's asking why someone would vote for the epic edition to cost $89.99 over $79.99
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You know your reply is toxic as well? Being combative and snarky are also rolled into what the social contract is doing away with. I don't get why the ignore function is so under utilized and people are so against seeing any opinion than their own they rather just not hear anything.

The game already has so little social interaction and this will keep people from interacting with each other all the more. Same with the new MKG thing Biden has started. People will just stop talking online for fear of retaliation.

R.I.P. freedom of speech. I get not liking all the antivaxx people as I don't like them either but this is how you breed insurrection and extremists factions doing extremist things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Why would anyone say they'd pay the higher amounts?
    Because you get extras. I always go for the higher editions because it doesn't cost me any money, I use in game currency via tokens.

Um....yes. It's toxic.

If someone berates my lack of skill or knowledge of the game, I will wear that like a badge of honor. While they were wasting their life learning a useless skill like being good in a video game, I went to school, got my Masters, live in a house that is worth (currently) 600k, and is paid off, and make 6 figures.

Yeah. I suck, but at least I didn't waste years of my life learning a useless skill like trying to understand if Arcane is better than Fire.
    >bringing IRL into the game

Kek, stay trash

WoW's social contract is the true final boss of the MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Is this going to be something you need to click yes to every time you log in?
    Bets on how long it takes for an addon to automate and hide that nonsense. Id say less than a day
    Since add-ons don't load until you are actually in the game, I'm gonna go with never.

Um....yes. It's toxic.

If someone berates my lack of skill or knowledge of the game, I will wear that like a badge of honor. While they were wasting their life learning a useless skill like being good in a video game, I went to school, got my Masters, live in a house that is worth (currently) 600k, and is paid off, and make 6 figures.

Yeah. I suck, but at least I didn't waste years of my life learning a useless skill like trying to understand if Arcane is better than Fire.
    The termonology is bad but they mean if you berate them about a DISability. Not your skill in game.

Also if you measure success with such low IQ standerds. I am sorry but that is really sad.
    Last edited by Utrrabbit; 2022-05-06 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    The Social Contract is laughable at best. If they suspend or ban anyone for said behavior on this social contract they are making everyone agree too, they will literally have nobody left to play their game, with the exception of a few furrys that only use emotes to speak with other players and some very nice people who have kids and only log in once every couple of weeks for an hour, most of that time afk.
    It's actually possible to be a good person *and* play the game competitively, or even higher than the casual level you're implying.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's fully reasonable for the sub cost, in the US, to be 20-25 dollars.

People don't realize that over the past 20+ years, the price of games (and the WoW sub) has stayed relatively the same, and has never increased relative to inflation.

How else are companies going to recoup these losses? The gamer crowd is largely too stupid to understand inflation, or any of this really, so instead of just flat increasing the price of the game or subscription, we get pay2win, loot boxes, micro-transactions and other money making schemes that turn games into trash.
    Yes, games cost more to make, but they are also more profitable than ever. Publishers are just chasing infinite growth, which is impossible to achieve. It's not good enough to turn a profit, they have to increase profit quarter over quarter, year over year. Blizzard has continued doing that for years despite mostly losing players and putting out products that are perceived as increasingly inferior. How? By reaching deeper and deeper into players' pockets.

Corporations are using inflation as an excuse to jack up prices and squeeze consumers rather than tightening their belts and cutting payouts to the executives. Bobby Kotick is on the verge of receiving a $300m exit package just so Microsoft can get him out of the picture. That's probably the equivalent of close to a year of WoW subscription revenue all going to one guy that has so consistently damaged the company brand that they want him gone.

Never forget that, back in 2019, ATVI laid off 800 employees right after announcing record earnings. They aren't hurting for money, they're just endlessly greedy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Collector's Edition please, with artbook. No artbook, no sale.

Obviously I'd like to spend as much as possible for the expansion. Please, make it high as it will go, make it over 9000! Right? Who is going to pick the higher prices?