Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    powerGPU seems to have good reviews. Nothing wrong with having your system built either don't let people give ya shit for it. I've built all but my first myself and I'm already thinking I may go pre-built when it's time for a new rig. why? Simply put I don't want to mess with it, working in IT makes me not want to work on my own stuff that much so I get it, let alone if you have never done it.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    OP didn't ask for your opinions on that..... perhaps OP wants a warranty or 24/7 support
    But they did. They asked what people would recommend, many would not recomend any. Which accurately answers the question.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    powerGPU seems to have good reviews. Nothing wrong with having your system built either don't let people give ya shit for it. I've built all but my first myself and I'm already thinking I may go pre-built when it's time for a new rig. why? Simply put I don't want to mess with it, working in IT makes me not want to work on my own stuff that much so I get it, let alone if you have never done it.
    Most PC's need a once over out of the box regardless of where it's purchased from. Things shift in transportation. Human builders make mistakes. etc. It's best to at least know some basics. That way you can protect your investment. It's one thing to say let that be someone else's problem, but that's really inconvenient when you have to ship it back to the manufacturer, and some may not be forgiving enough to pay the shipping costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Most PC's need a once over out of the box regardless of where it's purchased from. Things shift in transportation. Human builders make mistakes. etc. It's best to at least know some basics. That way you can protect your investment. It's one thing to say let that be someone else's problem, but that's really inconvenient when you have to ship it back to the manufacturer, and some may not be forgiving enough to pay the shipping costs.
    that's true of anything not just PC's though, always inspect upon arrival.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    unless they got some stock in recently, nobody had any DDR4 z690 boards in stock, so they might allow you to do an online build with them but they won't have any stock to build it if you're doing it now.
    That might be possible, not entirely sure. Was just a quick check

I too am on the market for something similar to the OP. I was considering NZXT myself because I hear good things, but the concerns listed in reviews regarding airflow have me worried. I was thinking of building through them and using their NZXT H510 Flow case. Can anyone speak to this, and are the airflow concerns warranted? Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    I'm not desperate for a machine right now, although I do think my current system is becoming outdated (i5-8600K, 1070ti). So I'd like to upgrade in the near future.
    then my best advice to you is to wait until the new releases later this year when stock of other parts will be more plentiful, as well as more choice available for you to choose between.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    None of them. They are all over priced like crazy and scam as much as they can, they have to, only way they make money.

Seriously just order the parts and build your own. Its really easy, in fact its so easy a caveman can do it. If you need help deciding what parts to get use something like PCpartpicker. You get more bang for your buck and just a better PC in general.
    Dunno what it’s like now but I actually got more bang last year when parts were higher total than prebuilt.

I ended up going for NZXT.

edit: 2020, not 2021. Time flies…

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    I too am on the market for something similar to the OP. I was considering NZXT myself because I hear good things, but the concerns listed in reviews regarding airflow have me worried. I was thinking of building through them and using their NZXT H510 Flow case. Can anyone speak to this, and are the airflow concerns warranted? Thanks.
    Any chance that was with buyers of the case only? I know the design isn’t optimal for airflow, it was a pain finding a case that checked all boxes, but I’ve had no problems with their build.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2022-05-09 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Dunno what it’s like now but I actually got more bang last year when parts were higher total than prebuilt.

I ended up going for NZXT.

edit: 2020, not 2021. Time flies…

- - - Updated - - -

Any chance that was with buyers of the case only? I know the design isn’t optimal for airflow, it was a pain finding a case that checked all boxes, but I’ve had no problems with their build.
    I'm not certain honestly, but I'm not looking to build myself and was hoping to have them do the assembling via their website service. And the only cases available there are their own brand. Apparently the H510 Flow is more decent, but still unsure...

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post

The H510 Flow is a new version of the case with better airflow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    I'm not certain honestly, but I'm not looking to build myself and was hoping to have them do the assembling via their website service. And the only cases available there are their own brand. Apparently the H510 Flow is more decent, but still unsure...
    Even the old H510 was fine. It had worse airflow than a lot of other cases, but that doesnt mean it was a hotbox that caused parts to throttle or anything. People get a little too anal about “teh bestest airflow evar!” When it really isnt necessary. As long as the case doesnt make the parts throttle, youre fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    The H510 Flow is a new version of the case with better airflow.

- - - Updated - - -

Even the old H510 was fine. It had worse airflow than a lot of other cases, but that doesnt mean it was a hotbox that caused parts to throttle or anything. People get a little too anal about “teh bestest airflow evar!” When it really isnt necessary. As long as the case doesnt make the parts throttle, youre fine.
    Got it--thanks!