Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    That, or make 2h weapons cost two coins. Either or.
    thats not even the biggestflaw.

    most people have those dinnars already locked from day 1 to SoD weapons. and towrds whatever bis trinkets are forthem .

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I think that'd be a good compromise. You sacrifice some potential BiS trinkets for a guaranteed BiS weapon.

    And wholly agreed on the cloak+rings being added to vendor. If the bow costed 3 coins, that'd further complicate the choice for hunters.
    thereis no choice for hunters though

    they will be all forced to choose leggo bow unless someone will spam m+ as survival . then its leggo bow + bis spear.

    its stupid illusion of choice but in reality there is 0 choice there . all choices will be the same . because bis is bis. you cannot risk not getting stuff like leggo bow , jethys , rogue daggers etc

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Why does everything that Blizzard adds to the game have to die on the throne of "bringing the casuals back"? This is clearly not intended to bring anybody back to the game. It's a loot change aimed directly at the audience of the game that's currently raiding.
    .
    finaly you have shown your true colors.

    you are someone who enjoys game in its current state and want to get rid of casuals from game.

    ofc you would support this system.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    But you're doing it only for trinkets and weapons. There's still the chance that you'll be missing pieces. What this new system is doing is give you the option to buy your bis weapon and trinkets in the first 6 weeks. That brings some inbalance into the game from the get go because if you play for example arms, only need one weapon you can buy your 2 bis trinkets. If you play fury you have to choose if you want to buy 2 trinkets + 1 weapon or 2 weapons and 1 trinket.

    From what was datamined you'll need something like 20 shards or so to upgrade 1 item and people suggest that each boss will drop 2-3 shards so you can probably upgrade 1 item each week for a full clear. So once you can buy the items you'll most likely will have enough shards to upgrade them to the version you're currently running.

    What I don't like about the system is that it encourages to run all difficulties each week because you can upgrade every item with the fated affix to a higher quality. So I could get an item from LFR (LFR gets fated items and count toward the quest) and use the mythic shard item to upgrade it to mythic quality (item on PTR only says upgrades fated item to mythic quality, so should work an lfr and normal items also). So to min-max you run mythic and m+ to unlock the highest ilvl and then run heroic, normal and lfr for more loot chances and trade gear to people so that they can upgrade the items.

    The old badge or VP system were better in my opinion because there were more item to buy and combined with the crafted items you could get almost a full set from boe+badge/VP+crafting. Also you weren't encouraged to farm all difficulties to fish for items to upgrade. You ran higher difficulty you got more VP and could buy the more expensive items or the cheaper items faster.
    That’s a whole lot of typing to not actually say anything.

    The badge system wasn’t made up of the rewards inside it, it was made up by the system of how you got those items. You can take these items and put them in the badge system and it’s still the badge system.

    Also, you’re STILL shopping for loot Einstein.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    That, or make 2h weapons cost two coins. Either or.
    Or that and give us 4 dinnar. Since the point is to allow us to have 3 pieces of gear.

  4. #104
    What is their plan for this with the new expansion? When do the new raids start becoming Fated? If there is only one raid dungeon available, I can't imagine it would be Fated every week because it would be a higher difficulty than normal, which would cause problems in clearing it. So are they going to wait until the second raid in the first major patch to start rotating it?

  5. #105
    Still not sure why they dont just bring back badges. It was a simple system and worked. Why do they feel this constant need to over complicate?

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Royru View Post
    That’s a whole lot of typing to not actually say anything.

    The badge system wasn’t made up of the rewards inside it, it was made up by the system of how you got those items. You can take these items and put them in the badge system and it’s still the badge system.

    Also, you’re STILL shopping for loot Einstein.
    This actually made me pause for a moment... would you want to use this system on items that drop off the last few bosses ?

    If it works as described I doubt they would inherit their higher ilv. While for most classes this wouldn't matter as the procs are just to good. Sylvanas's bow is really " meh"

    Its mostly only absurdly powerful in mythic plus otherwise it is really the higher ilv that gives it its strength.

    ( That said fated might not have end wing bosses dropping higher ilv)

    I also don't think you would waste the item on a 2 hander for hunters as to my knowledge there isn't a " special " weapon they can use so your bis would just be ideal secondary items and that would be better spent on a higher budgeted item. ( Assuming you raid mythic or do 15s of course).

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    This actually made me pause for a moment... would you want to use this system on items that drop off the last few bosses ?

    If it works as described I doubt they would inherit their higher ilv. While for most classes this wouldn't matter as the procs are just to good. Sylvanas's bow is really " meh"

    Its mostly only absurdly powerful in mythic plus otherwise it is really the higher ilv that gives it its strength.

    ( That said fated might not have end wing bosses dropping higher ilv)

    I also don't think you would waste the item on a 2 hander for hunters as to my knowledge there isn't a " special " weapon they can use so your bis would just be ideal secondary items and that would be better spent on a higher budgeted item. ( Assuming you raid mythic or do 15s of course).
    Again, why are you focusing on specific items when I’m discussing the system in general compared to the one that’s being newly implemented.

  8. #108
    My dudes I really barely ever agree with Relapses but how are you people not getting this system and how are you comparing it to Valor? Valor allowed you to get some dogshit gear and a few of your tier pieces while this system literally allows you to upgrade your bis from a lower difficulty to the one that is most appropriate for you while also giving you BLP on BiS trinkets and weapons which are the most important and frustrating to get pieces of gear. And how is this convoluted? You do a questline that involves killing 30 bosses and you get 3 items in 6 weeks. Then as you re killing bosses you get a currency akin to Valor letting you upgrade relevant gear. Would you rather shop through a list of useless crap or buy mythic quality gear for spamming heroic dungeons? Because surely you can understand how this would undermine doing more challenging content

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Royru View Post
    Again, why are you focusing on specific items when I’m discussing the system in general compared to the one that’s being newly implemented.
    Because I care about what is being tested rather then whatever fiction is being made up about old systems?

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    How can anyone dislike this? This is basically bad luck protection for the most inportant gear slots, with no downsides. What is not to like?
    It's not the badge system from WotLK. Seriously. That's what people are upset about.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    finaly you have shown your true colors.

    you are someone who enjoys game in its current state and want to get rid of casuals from game.

    ofc you would support this system.
    Brother, my "true colors" have been on display since the first post I made in this thread. I'm not at all in support of "getting rid" of casuals, I just don't think it's appropriate to criticize a system for failing to retain or entice casual players when it clearly isn't intended for them.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Because I care about what is being tested rather then whatever fiction is being made up about old systems?
    Ok and tell me specifically what is being tested right now with the new system. What items are you specifically getting and how are you getting them

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Royru View Post
    Ok and tell me specifically what is being tested right now with the new system. What items are you specifically getting and how are you getting them
    what is being tested is whether raiders will shut up complaining about raiding being garbage if blizzard lets them target their bis weapons and trinkets

    its another epic failure as its not touching on any real problems raidinghas .

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    How can anyone dislike this? This is basically bad luck protection for the most inportant gear slots, with no downsides. What is not to like?
    I don't dislike it, but I don't see anything to like here.
    What do we get? 3 specific normal items, more heroic and mythic loot.
    As someone from a connected realm that has literally 1/11 mythic on ally side (1 guild, 2 on Horde side with 2/11 and 5/12), I view it as highly unlikely that I will ever step into a mythic raid. So only heroic shards for me. And heroic loot sucks compared to m+ rewards.

    So nothing really changes for me: I will continue to run raids just for fun and get my gear from mythic plus.

    The changes aren't bad. They are just pretty much aimed at a small, mythic running audience.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    what is being tested is whether raiders will shut up complaining about raiding being garbage if blizzard lets them target their bis weapons and trinkets

    its another epic failure as its not touching on any real problems raidinghas .
    And the real problem is?

  15. #115
    I wonder how this system could work in a "proper" raiding environment.
    Maybe that you can only buy and upgrade pieces from bosses you have already killed to make it fair? If you want the legendary bow then you need to defeat Sylvanas on Normal, but if you want to upgrade it then you need to defeat her on HC, or even Mythic.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  16. #116
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yep. Guessing 7 months for 9.2 and 4 for 9.2.5.

    So expansion in February maybe?
    Season 4 and 9.2.5 are releasing separately. But yeah you’re probably roughly right.

  17. #117
    The Patient Chilela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Funposter Retirement Home
    Posts
    324
    Mixed feelings on this one. Kinda iffy on the Dinar system, primarily due to the seasonal hard limit. I think it would be optimal if they had the system as-is, but flagged loot acquired through it in a way where you could trade it for other "Dinar" loot if you managed to acquired a sidegrade/upgrade for a piece you already invested. Would be a horrid feeling if you invested one of only three Dinar into a piece you manage to replace less than a month later.

    The Heroic/Mythic upgrade system's a bit better. My only real grievance is that it ultimately somewhat devalues later bosses in raids. For example, it sounds like if you want a Mythic-level piece from, say, The Jailer, it would be easier to just kill him on Normal, or even Heroic, then farm out the easier Mythic bosses each week. Outside of that rather minor complaint, it seems like a net upgrade compared to the current system.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    How can anyone dislike this? This is basically bad luck protection for the most inportant gear slots, with no downsides. What is not to like?
    TBF there are a couple problems worth noting, and hopefully there will be changes.

    First, Dual wielding classes need to use 2 dinar for weapons while currently 2h classes need to use 1 dinar, which means DW classes only get 1 trinket and their 2 weapons while 2H classes get 2 trinkets and 1 weapon. This can be handled in a couple ways, and I hope they take steps (though preferably not make 2h weapons cost 2 dinar).

    Also, it sort of punishes hybrid specs, I can get a weapon for my WW and BrM specs since they share, but I won't be able to get one for MW, and trinkets become more limited since some can roughly benefit all specs and others not. Not sure how to best address this honestly, but it is a problem.

  19. #119
    Over 9000! Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    9,406
    Heroic and Mythic upgrade? Thumbs up. The dumbar system or whatever it's called is super convoluted for what should essentially be book gear like in FF14. Aka you kill a boss enough, then you get a currency that lets you buy any piece you want from that boss. It's simple and easy to understand. Like always Blizzard over designs the fuck out of everything. It's not bad but it seems like they're trying to do anything and everything to give us what we want while also maintaining their MAUs.

  20. #120
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    The dumbar system or whatever it's called is super convoluted for what should essentially be book gear like in FF14. Aka you kill a boss enough, then you get a currency that lets you buy any piece you want from that boss. It's simple and easy to understand.
    What isn't simple or easy to understand about kill bosses X times and get to pick an item from a vendor?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •