Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Did you? It sounds pretty much like WotLK and MoP systems. Except better. Way better. Weapons and trinkets of your choice? Upgrading items to a better ilvl? If you don't raid then it's not for you. I don't raid so I prob won't get to use this system but at least the rewards will be good
    No it’s not better lol. The only thing that’s “better” is the items you can get. But that has nothing to do with the system itself that’s just the items.

And what do you mean upgrade items to a better level? You upgrade items to the level that you’re currently farming. It starts off as a worse piece but it gets better by the addition of a badge like system but it’s only to upgrade your shitty piece you obtained from a different badge like system with a ton of extra steps.

The badge system are both those systems put into one, but simpler. I’m seriously confused why you guys are saying this isn’t more complicated, you are talking like you have no idea how the badge system in wotlk worked at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    /insert exackly meme from the office.

those devs are lost and beyond saving

just fire them all and hire new people .
    i dont. i woudl prefer if they removed raids from game and instead give us 8 more new dungeons each tier.

but unlike some people here im not mean enough to cheer on them killing whatever remaining raidign guild are out there.

like who this system benefit besies like 100-200 top guilds in world .
    I'm kind of glad whatever warped ideas you may have aren't the ones being implemented in the game. As if you have to be a top 100-200 guild in the world to benefit from this system in season 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    How is it not benefitting casuals ? You raid normal/heroic/mythic, whatever fit your skill, you get the loot you get from bosses you can kill, you get whatever you get in the weekly chest and if there is one or two items evading you. you get that item eventualy from one of the three extra coins.

You can even buy a item from a boss you can't kill after some time. This is better than casuals have ever had
    It offers no gear progression? Yeah, because gear progression is from raiding itself, this is purely bad luck protection, and a good system at that.

The system you want, is just a money shop to buy everything with zero effort
    Pretty much, he's playing the wrong game.

Quote Originally Posted by Royru View Post
    No it’s not better lol. The only thing that’s “better” is the items you can get. But that has nothing to do with the system itself that’s just the items.

And what do you mean upgrade items to a better level? You upgrade items to the level that you’re currently farming. It starts off as a worse piece but it gets better by the addition of a badge like system but it’s only to upgrade your shitty piece you obtained from a different badge like system with a ton of extra steps.

The badge system are both those systems put into one, but simpler. I’m seriously confused why you guys are saying this isn’t more complicated, you are talking like you have no idea how the badge system in wotlk worked at all.
    Oh yeah, four fucking badges from all different types of content used to buy different sets of Tier used for different types of content. What a perfectly straight-forward, simple system with absolutely zero drawbacks whatsoever. I get it, though. You want deterministic loot. The very thought of shopping lists gets you a little bit misty. That's fine. You can play shopping list simulator in WotLK Classic. Here in retail, though, we live in a world where the developers have learned from the mistake which was WotLK's boring badge system and instead get to benefit from something that gives built-in BLP for people clearing the content anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Oh yeah, four fucking badges from all different types of content used to buy different sets of Tier used for different types of content. What a perfectly straight-forward, simple system with absolutely zero drawbacks whatsoever. I get it, though. You want deterministic loot. The very thought of shopping lists gets you a little bit misty. That's fine. You can play shopping list simulator in WotLK Classic. Here in retail, though, we live in a world where the developers have learned from the mistake which was WotLK's boring system and instead get to benefit from something that gives built-in BLP for people clearing the content anyway.
    What are you taking about did you even read what this system is dude? It is LITERALLY the badge system just with a lot of extra steps and restrictions. It IS deterministic loot. You are talking as if you didn’t even read how this works.

What are you taking about did you even read what this system is dude? It is LITERALLY the badge system just with a lot of extra steps and restrictions. It IS deterministic loot. You are talking as if you didn’t even read how this works.
    Buddy, the only person not reading is you -- like I've said, repeatedly, the "extra steps and restrictions" are what make this system better than badges.

Buddy, the only person not reading is you -- like I've said, repeatedly, the "extra steps and restrictions" are what make this system better than badges.
    I want you to repeat to me back how you think this system works and how the ‘differences’ make it better. Let’s test your comprehension

I want you to repeat to me back how you think this system works and how the ‘differences’ make it better. Let’s test your comprehension
    I told you why this system is superior in the first fucking post I replied to you: It gives players who are clearing the content anyway an extra layer of BLP without just putting everything on the vendor for a currency that can be grinded mindlessly (see: badges).
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-05-06 at 11:03 PM.

I told you why this system is superior in the first fucking post I replied to you: It gives players who are clearing the content anyway an extra layer of BLP without just putting everything on the vendor for a currency that can be grinded mindlessly (see: badges).
    Okay now this is where it would be super nice for you to repeat the specific reasons because what you're saying is currently nonsense.

It gives players who are clearing the content anyway an extra layer of BLP without just putting everything on the vendor for a currency that can be grinded mindlessly (see: badges).
    It is putting everything on a vendor for a currency that can be grinded mindlessly. The only difference is they slapped in a 'quest' in the middle of the first half which tells you to grind mindlessly and then the second half is literally just grinding a completely separate currency but still just mindlessly.

What you're saying isn't lining up with what is happening. So either you can be more specific about what you're saying or admit you have no clue what's going on.

If anything.. I really hope this is something they use for end of expansion content droughts.. its a really good way to just release and recycle things for that year of "nothing" we usually go though at the end of these things.

Okay now this is where it would be super nice for you to repeat the specific reasons because what you're saying is currently nonsense.

It is putting everything on a vendor for a currency that can be grinded mindlessly. The only difference is they slapped in a 'quest' in the middle of the first half which tells you to grind mindlessly and then the second half is literally just grinding a completely separate currency but still just mindlessly.

What you're saying isn't lining up with what is happening. So either you can be more specific about what you're saying or admit you have no clue what's going on.
    Hello? It's because this isn't intended to be the same thing as badges. It's intended to be a supplement to the current raid loot system, not a replacement for it. It's a way for people who are raiding to get additional raid gear that they've had difficulty getting otherwise. That's why the three item restriction is in place. It's not intended to be a list of items where if you grind the currency long enough you can just buy your full BiS off of it. (And if I'm being honest, the quality of the badge items at the end of WotLK were kind of dogshit for the most part anyway so this system is better in that regard, too.)

How is it the badge system? You're not being forced to do a dungeon a day for valor. Oh wait that was MoP. Do we want WotLK's system? That one had about 40 pages of vendors to sift through to find your item.

And the new blue post says it'll be for trinks/weapons only which is a nice thing. Tier will just carry over and we can upgrade it via slot drops and use the catalyst.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only mistake was ever removing it in the first place.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    How is it the badge system? You're not being forced to do a dungeon a day for valor. Oh wait that was MoP. Do we want WotLK's system? That one had about 40 pages of vendors to sift through to find your item.

And the new blue post says it'll be for trinks/weapons only which is a nice thing. Tier will just carry over and we can upgrade it via slot drops and use the catalyst.
    Honestly with the clarification it seems even better. A Mythic raider can upgrade an LFR-base item to Mythic quality without having to step foot in Normal/Heroic. Like, holy shit S4 is going to own hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The only mistake was ever removing it in the first place.
    Come on now, people fantasize about MoP enough already. :^)

In past times I would've warned people that Blizzard experimenting with new systems is a dangerous slippery slope that mostly wants to test your limits, but I can see that Blizzard isn't even pretending their intentions are noble anymore. No more slick introduction with game design philosophy drivel about their eternal quest for more fun gameplay and trademark quality.

At this point it is what it is and the best thing you can do as a sheep is pray things stay as they are and don't get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    If anything.. I really hope this is something they use for end of expansion content droughts.. its a really good way to just release and recycle things for that year of "nothing" we usually go though at the end of these things.
    wait so you being able to spend couple of months farming literaly 3 items of your choosing from raid is what will save raiding and make people resub to game ?

like are you for real ?

im not trying to offend you just honestly would like to know the think process that went behind this post of yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on now, people fantasize about MoP enough already. :^)
    there is a reason why wow had 9 mln players back then

same like there is a reason why game has 12 mln players in wolk

also its coincidentaly the same reason wow has like 200k subs now.

wait so you being able to spend couple of months farming literaly 3 items of your choosing from raid is what will save raiding and make people resub to game ?

like are you for real ?

im not trying to offend you just honestly would like to know the think process that went behind this post of yours.
    If you can't see this as an improvement over the old status quo -- literally fucking nothing at all -- then you're just being cynical and salty for no good reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the coins shouldn't be quite so limited at only 3 coins per season, I'd suggest allowing players to get 1 additional coin per two or four weeks. The system doesn't account for people gearing multiple specs, as some classes can't share weapons+trinkets between specs while others can.

The gear upgrade system itself actually seems fine to me, as it helps alleviate the issue of lower difficulties being rendered obsolete too quickly. It also helps give motivation to bring better geared characters into lower difficulties if they're just missing specific pieces, having up to 4 chances per week at a specific loot table up from 1 does shorten how long you'll have to wait on average to get all the pieces you need. Player agency returns to loot as you still have to decide what to upgrade first, though it doesn't do anything to help restore the agency that was stripped away with forced PL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    In past times I would've warned people that Blizzard experimenting with new systems is a dangerous slippery slope that mostly wants to test your limits, but I can see that Blizzard isn't even pretending their intentions are noble anymore. No more slick introduction with game design philosophy drivel about their eternal quest for more fun gameplay and trademark quality.

At this point it is what it is and the best thing you can do as a sheep is pray things stay as they are and don't get worse.
    Did you want things to never evolve from Vanilla or something? Like what kind of nonsense is this.

- - - Updated - - -

there is a reason why wow had 9 mln players back then

same like there is a reason why game has 12 mln players in wolk

also its coincidentaly the same reason wow has like 200k subs now.
    *eyeroll* A typical 'wow is dead' post and you are the one that knows the sub count and the reason the subs are gone. Totally. Nothing to do with a what 17 and a half year old game or anything.

Hello? It's because this isn't intended to be the same thing as badges. It's intended to be a supplement to the current raid loot system, not a replacement for it. It's a way for people who are raiding to get additional raid gear that they've had difficulty getting otherwise. That's why the three item restriction is in place. It's not intended to be a list of items where if you grind the currency long enough you can just buy your full BiS off of it. (And if I'm being honest, the quality of the badge items at the end of WotLK were kind of dogshit for the most part anyway so this system is better in that regard, too.)
    The items present by the vendor does not make the system. If you remove the tier gear from the badge vendor in wotlk, it’s still the badge system. I…. Cant believe I just had to explain that lol.

If you took the badge system and put in the exact same items that blizzard will put into this new system. It’s still the badge system. The topic of conversation is about how I think the badge system itself is easier and better, and how the new one is the badge system but way more complicated with extra steps. Your statement was that the new system the ‘extra steps’ is what makes it better.

At no point did you address the question I asked you about how those extra steps are better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post

Read above for clarification. You understand you can put the same items from the new system into the wotlk badge system… and it’s still the badge system right?

Read above for clarification. You understand you can put the same items from the new system into the wotlk badge system… and it’s still the badge system right?
    Except the way you earn said 'badges' is totally different? How is this new system more complicated? You will get potentially 3 items you can use to redeem for items. That's it. No dungeon running, no sifting through page after page on vendors to find items. Badges were just a constant drip you had to do in various content modes depending on the expansion. This currency comes from raids only.