Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's unfortunate that it won't be there, I was looking forward to Wrath classic but I'm not going to play without LFD. All I can do is hope it'll be added in the future.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    I want both LFG and token to be removed from wow and never return, want to do ur hc? log 8 pm not 3 am
    Do you even think before you speak? Because I seriously doubt you do and its something you should start doing...

People who claim LFD killed the social aspect of the game are funny to me.

By their claims LFD would kill any game that tries to have it in their game. Yet I recall the game that dethroned WoW having a LFD...a LFR.....tools in their game, and their community is very social. Almost like WoW players are the problem, no it can't be that, lets blame the tool.

I almost wish they would add two different types of Wrath. One with LFD and one without. I'd think the info gathered from such a thing would be great. Problem being is splitting up the player base too much, but I would love to go over the information gathered from it.
    Last edited by RedBrood; 2022-05-09 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Typo/added more

I never understand this.
    If you don't want Dungeon Finder. Don't use it.
    Why do you hate the people who use it.

It takes a long time to fly to the dungeon entrance.
    If someone leaves, you have to teleport to a major city and find replacement.
    I don't want to go through that.

The hostility towards the group finder (or the lack thereof) is one of the funniest things about this community. Most people don't remember but prior to Classic there was a Classic server megathread here where day in and day out people would post about how bullshit it was that WoW had changed from Vanilla/TBC/WotLK and almost every. single. one. of. them. would cite the RDF as Blizzard's original sin, the one thing the developers did that led the game away from what these players idealized and towards a version of the game they no longer wanted to play. And now that we've come full circle and the potential for the RDF is back on the table, Blizzard takes the side of all of these people who passionately argued in favor of Blizzard going back to a design philosophy before matchmaking queues... and suddenly the whole community calls them retarded for not adding it. It's almost like the community is more upset that Blizzard decided to take a stance on the RDF than they are about the feature not being added. Because Blizzard had the audacity to... take a position... they're wrong. And the community is right. And it's our job to convince the developers that they're wrong because, well, when has Blizzard ever been right about anything?

I don't really care whether it does or doesn't get added but I do not envy the position they're in. No matter what they do about the RDF, people will get pissed.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-05-09 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I think defining #nochanges by its loudest and most obnoxious adherents it's really constructive. The vast majority of people just didn't want changes like the addition of dungeon finder or paid boosts.
    Looks like the swipe was put in. Boosting in 5 man's is there purpose with a RDF.

Pretty cut and dry here..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBrood View Post
    People who claim LFD killed the social aspect of the game are funny to me.

By their claims LFD would kill any game that tries to have it in their game. Yet I recall the game that dethroned WoW having a LFD...a LFR.....tools in their game, and their community is very social. Almost like WoW players are the problem, no it can't be that, lets blame the tool.

I almost wish they would add two different types of Wrath. One with LFD and one without. I'd think the info gathered from such a thing would be great. Problem being is splitting up the player base too much, but I would love to go over the information gathered from it.
    It's almost like actually enforcing your rules, punishing twats, and banning consistent bad actors can make for a good community. Who could have known?!?

(FFXIV has a dungeon and raid finder and has had a much nicer, friendlier, and more forgiving community consistently for years. WoW has never had a friendly community as a whole, even before LFD/LFR. Edit: Also worth pointing out that FFXIV has full cross-realm visiting and a cross-realm dungeon/raid finder. This idea that "cross-realm destroys communities" is just nonsense. Full stop.)
    Last edited by Marxman; 2022-05-09 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    The hostility towards the group finder (or the lack thereof) is one of the funniest things about this community. Most people don't remember but prior to Classic there was a Classic server megathread here where day in and day out people would post about how bullshit it was that WoW had changed from Vanilla/TBC/WotLK and almost every. single. one. of. them. would cite the RDF as Blizzard's original sin, the one thing the developers did that led the game away from what these players idealized and towards a version of the game they no longer wanted to play. And now that we've come full circle and the potential for the RDF is back on the table, Blizzard takes the side of all of these people who passionately argued in favor of Blizzard going back to a design philosophy before matchmaking queues... and suddenly the whole community calls them retarded for not adding it. It's almost like the community is more upset that Blizzard decided to take a stance on the RDF than they are about the feature not being added. Because Blizzard had the audacity to... take a position... they're wrong. And the community is right. And it's our job to convince the developers that they're wrong because, well, when has Blizzard ever been right about anything?

I don't really care whether it does or doesn't get added but I do not envy the position they're in. No matter what they do about the RDF, people will get pissed.
    True. Think the community is a little more ... diverse, with the tourist mode folk who don't really want to play to enjoy it but just get their shit as efficient as possible and go afk.

Think the best decision blizzard can make is show the middle finger to both sides and release it with ICC as it was originally. Sure people will bitch and moan no matter what and start bitching about how the game has the final patch talents, so why not LFD from the start.

The "I'm not playing without LFD" comments are just hilarious ... how an entire expansion with so many good points gets to be reduced to a single feature.

I don't think the socializing is the issue as much as discouraging degenerate behavior. By providing a substantive time cost to bailing on a group, you push people to work through issues and stick together. It doesn't always work and has other side effects, but that's the actual issue.
    Wait a minute, so you think the fact that it takes so long to make a group this makes it better? So when someone leaves in your group, you admit that it is kills a ton of your time in game. Wouldn’t it be better to, you know, have that replacement instantaneously with the dungeon finder? Lol.

I’m legit scratching my head at this logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    ''People need to realize this is 2022, people want easier accessibility.''

Then thats why you have Retail. Thats for you Casuals who have constant limited time. You lot of player types are the only ones upsets of this, no one else.
    Uh everyone I know is pretty annoyed not having dungeon finder. I really hope the vocal minority that pushed this change is happy with the results.. the community is going to be more exclusive and way more toxic with groups now. With a random queue into a group I would have accepted any dps and just “dealt” with it. Now that I’m making the group I’m specifically going to deny sub par specs.. sorry not sorry I’m here to get stuff done, not appease your desire to play a garbage spec.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    True. Think the community is a little more ... diverse, with the tourist mode folk who don't really want to play to enjoy it but just get their shit as efficient as possible and go afk.

Think the best decision blizzard can make is show the middle finger to both sides and release it with ICC as it was originally. Sure people will bitch and moan no matter what and start bitching about how the game has the final patch talents, so why not LFD from the start.

The "I'm not playing without LFD" comments are just hilarious ... how an entire expansion with so many good points gets to be reduced to a single feature.
    Funny thing is even before RDF the Community was the same. Lots of assholes hiding behind an anonymous keyboard. RDF just gave the assholes an easy way to be recognized as such. And then "RDF ruined the community!"

RDF didn't ruin the community, the community ruined RDF.

[QUOTE=sam86;53757907]No, I still mental beat my stupid a88 for how 'happy' i was for LFG, and then see myself how it destroyed wow social
    No, if anything i wish it to be REMOVED from retail, i won't sign for random dungeon at 2am but screw it i want the M part of MMO back and remove LFG will help a LOT

I'm old player. i know that even as tank once u cross the crowded hours u can't do ur daily hc, but the price is too high, i also recall ppl actually caring and talking to each others, something that lfg destroyed then came token to bury it
    I want both LFG and token to be removed from wow and never return, want to do ur hc? log 8 pm not 3 am

- - - Updated - - -

God you sound like such an asshole. The game and players have changed over the years. We are all grown up and some of us even have jobs now. If you like sitting in trade cool. You could have done that with lfg in the game.

Please explain how the dungeon finder and tokens ruined your personal experience at all. You don’t have to use either service to causally play the game.

There is not a chance in hell you’ve been playing tbc and thought yeah this community is exactly how I remember it. If you want community you’re better off going to play season of mastery because boosting speed runs and gdkp are not going anywhere friend.

Yeah, but FF14 doesn't have this issue so clearly a game can be designed better.
    Good example of a game with a RDF.. like.. from start to finish from the whole thing too. So, we can conclude it isn't the issue then.

Quote Originally Posted by Royru View Post
    Wait a minute, so you think the fact that it takes so long to make a group this makes it better? So when someone leaves in your group, you admit that it is kills a ton of your time in game. Wouldn’t it be better to, you know, have that replacement instantaneously with the dungeon finder? Lol.

I’m legit scratching my head at this logic.
    Expecting a poster on MMO-C to actually think their posts through before posting them, is quite an expectation to have. Generally ones talking about these subjects are utterly devoid of logic.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Etna-the-Undying View Post
    -It will kill the world since no one will be traveling and just AFK at Dalaran. Little interactions with players in the world and helping killing elites while you travel and wait for everyone to be ready to summon.
    Yeah, because the few travelling people which are trying to get into dungeons are populating the world. /i
    No, it's the people doing the outdoor content that are populating the world. Back in WotLK i was doing plenty of things outside in the world while being queued for a dungeon.

And is there really a difference between people sitting in Dala spamming lfg or trade-chat or waiting for a queue to pop? They are sitting in Dalaran anyways and are not out in the open world.

Quote Originally Posted by Etna-the-Undying View Post
    -It will bring ninja looters from other servers who will need on OS gear because there is no consequences.
    Nobody runs dungeons in WotLK for loot after a few weeks anymore. It's to grind reputations and batches. And if somebody gets into a dungeon to farm gear for his OS, he is totally allowed to do so. This could even be prevented, if the dungeon finder preferably builds server groups and only uses people from other servers to fill, if it could not build a group after a certain amount of time.

But I guess, it's easier to just be a doomsayer instead of looking for good compromises.

I don't think the Dungeon Finder tool is necessarily a problem. I think cross-realm LFD is what causes the issue where you play with random people you will most likely never see again. It completely removes the social aspect because you have no incentive to be social with someone you don't know and will likely not get to know ever.

Kinda like stepping into an elevator. If the elevator is in a building you've never been to and/or isn't going to be visiting often, you'll stand on your corner, waiting for your floor and then step out and never look back.

Now, if that same elevator is in the company you work for, every now and then you'll see someone going to the same floor, or someone you work with, or someone you've seen before at the building's coffee shop and you might start up a conversation.

That's the difference between cross-realm and same-realm LFD

And those players leave in two weeks. That's not who classic is designed for.
    What are we talking about here when using the word "classic"? Theres already a big difference between classic(Vanilla) & WotLK in many regards.

Should it have flying? If yes, why? Classic didnt have it. Or are we counting BC into the word "classic" ?
    Should it have dual spec? Why? "Classic" didnt have it.
    Should it have achivs? "classic" didnt have it.

Thats just a couple of examples, and theres many more to pick from when comparing WotLK to classic(Vanilla) or even BC.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    You are saying that advocating for a tool which makes it easier to group with other players means I don't want to engage or interact with those players. The logic of that argument is mysterious to say the least...
    No, the logic is pretty obvious : if you automate grouping, you remove the social aspect of grouping. That's pretty much self-obvious.
    I'll tell you what the reality is: Spamming chat channels begging for groups sucks balls.
    I'll tell you an even bigger reality : automated grouping sucks even more. It led to a massive nosedive in the community. It was called before, it was noticed after, and it's only making a comeback because of lazyness, which was the reason it was born to begin with.
    Even Blizzard recognized that it damaged the social network after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    No, the logic is pretty obvious : if you automate grouping, you remove the social aspect of grouping. That's pretty much self-obvious.

I'll tell you an even bigger reality : automated grouping sucks even more. It led to a massive nosedive in the community. It was called before, it was noticed after, and it's only making a comeback because of lazyness, which was the reason it was born to begin with.
    Even Blizzard recognized that it damaged the social network after the fact.
    All this is true, but it rests on one assumption: that "community" (as used here) is not only inherently good, but that it's also better than convenience.

And I'd say that's far from "self-obvious".

If people just remember that you can take literally any class, with any shite gear into the HC dungeons in WotLK and clear them with ease, most people wont have a problem finding groups without RDF.

Then again, im sure theres going to be meta & min/max here to. Even though most of the HCs are piss easy.