Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    There was a multitude of reasons, but most people have tracked its start at 3.3 ---- things like the justice badges, wintergrasp imbalances, LFG were all contributing factors to people wanting to leave the game. Cataclysm didn't help and continued the downward path.

But to claim something like transmogrification, which has zero impact on social interaction (swapping the visuals of your gear for other visuals) would have a similar impact to something like LFG, which directly impacts social interaction (ability to find a group) is a straw man argument. Apples to Oranges.

- - - Updated - - -

This is just straight up false, because 3.3 introduced 3 new heroic 5 man dungeons. On top of the length of duration the end of WotLK had, it had plenty of time to impact players.

3.3 came out Dec 8th
    3.3.5 came out Jun 22nd
    Cataclysm came out Dec 7th

So you are gonna argue that for a whole year, this had no impact on the community? I can't even.

Not only was there new 5 man content at the start, it would have been used for alts to level up with as well. And lasted an entire year before Cataclysm came out.
    You know you got a soft ball when you use time instead of actual patch cycles to judge when something came out in an expansion. Hell.. some expansions had a year or two of nothing at the end.

LOL.. what a joke

Honestly I just want the convenience of being able to press a button, and knowing a dungeon will result from it eventually. I don't mind if it's restricted to the same server only. Not having to spam looking for <role> for a leveling dungeon for 30 minutes, having 2 people you had just leave, then nothing comes of it is so demoralizing.

A nice feature they could add would be the option to blacklist up to 2 dungeons, as I do remember getting Oculus just to have like 3/5 group members leave back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    There was a multitude of reasons, but most people have tracked its start at 3.3 ---- things like the justice badges, wintergrasp imbalances, LFG were all contributing factors to people wanting to leave the game. Cataclysm didn't help and continued the downward path.
    Subs continued to go upwards up to and including cataclysm's launch. So I don't get where this "decline" is.

Edit: Infact post the release of 3.3, WoW reached its peak of 12 million subs, which continued until Cata launch. A whole year of LFG resulted in the highest subscription totals this game ever saw. Also who ever had a problem with the badge system, we'd had one since TBC and it was great for catch up gear or bad luck protection if you'd suffered crap drops in raids.

But to claim something like transmogrification, which has zero impact on social interaction (swapping the visuals of your gear for other visuals) would have a similar impact to something like LFG, which directly impacts social interaction (ability to find a group) is a straw man argument. Apples to Oranges.
    And as we've demonstrated here both in retail and classic, the "social interaction" of pugging 5 mans is an absolute myth. By the time LFD came out people spammed chat, formed a group and would leave without saying two words to each other.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2022-06-21 at 12:42 AM.

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    I disliked queuing for BGs from everywhere, I disliked cross-realm BGs and I disliked Dungeon finder.

The server I used to play on was full, and everyone knew everyone. With all those implementations they gutted that feeling of belonging to something, and made it in to a 3D rendition of a server browser, with everyone just sitting in cities, waiting for a queue to pop.

At least that's my take on it.
    I honestly can’t take this very seriously when you say you disliked queing from everywhere. Like…. What did that change exactly? You can go to the bg battle master still if you really wanted to even with a tool that allows you to que anywhere. Like you’re out farming and you hate the fact that you aren’t forced to go into town to que?

Also that thought and this thought don’t match up

With all those implementations they gutted that feeling of belonging to something, and made it in to a 3D rendition of a server browser, with everyone just sitting in cities, waiting for a queue to pop.
    So you hate it when people just sit in cities waiting for a que…. But you want people waiting in cities waiting for a que when it comes to battlgrounds? And what do you think people did without LFG when they were wanting a group? They sat in the cities waiting for a whisper for a tank to finally see their spam.

Your arguments aren’t matching reality

Been looking forward to LFG in wrath sense I started playing wow classic.. I can still remember queing up as a tank or healer and getting the bonus box. I for one would love it from the start, but would be happy if it came in, in 3.3. I don't understand why people complain about it removing the social aspect of the game.. I hardly talk to people in groups as it is, and I cant remember the last time I or anyone else I've talked to about it made friends with someone and ran stuff with them again later, its gg and your gone.. Coming from someone with 3 accounts and 9 70s. making groups is a pain in the ass, and id rather be farming or questing or doing anything else...

I don't think group finder is bad, what is bad is that its structure incentivizes a real toxic player group to have prominence, and reduce world population. It also reduces the time spent interacting with other players in a meaningful way.

Fix by:
    -2x dungeon rewards if you actually go to the instance in the world
    -Limiting groups to the same server

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post

most of wrath didn't have LFG, if u want to relieve wrath using LFG, u remember the wrong wrath
    About half of Wrath's entire lifespan had LFG in it, it's you who remember the wrong wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    About half of Wrath's entire lifespan had LFG in it, it's you who remember the wrong wrath.
    Most of its content didn't had lfd though. Wasn't really great that a single content patch was halve the expansion.

I'm not sure what kind of meaningful interaction you get from spamming lfg for an hr..

Quote Originally Posted by warbagel View Post
    I'm not sure what kind of meaningful interaction you get from spamming lfg for an hr..
    No problem. Not everyone should understand why interacting with other people in a MMO is good. You’re one of those who don’t

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    Best thing added in the game was the LFG/LFR tool. Spamming in chat and trying to build a team was a stupid thing and was only fun in the early days of wow.
    Was one of the worst things, aimed to broaden the audience by including people who are generally not used to think. The fact you can’t even spell the LFD right and mixing it with LFG only proves that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post
    No problem. Not everyone should understand why interacting with other people in a MMO is good. You’re one of those who don’t

- - - Updated - - -

Was one of the worst things, aimed to broaden the audience by including people who are generally not used to think. The fact you can’t even spell the LFD right and mixing it with LFG only proves that.
    Your personality only shows why i prefer to use that tool. To avoid speaking to toxic people like you.
    Last edited by Soimu; 2022-06-21 at 08:47 AM.

Im am engrossed in community building every day using LFG addon to whisper "inv" to random people, not talking to them after that and sitting in Org waiting for summon.
    KEK fucking W.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post
    No problem. Not everyone should understand why interacting with other people in a MMO is good. You’re one of those who don’t.
    If you consider that behaviour interaction then I don't think you understand what interacting with other people in an MMO really is.

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

I wont have a problem with RDF not being present so long as the realms can sustain a population that allows for decent dungeon grind. I fucking HATED having to sit in Dalaran for like two hours trying to find a group to run some Heroics for badges on a dying realm because no one was around to run instances or just couldnt be arsed to.

As for Gearscore I dont ever remember getting grief about mine for Heroic Dungeons (It was about 5200, at that point ICC10 man was no longer giving direct upgrades, only sidegrades) yet people still demanded a score of 5500 or more to run 10 man outside of guilds. It was complete BS.

I will not pay for dungeon boosts. They are cancer and should, quite frankly be banned entirely. Even when paid for with ingame gold. So here's hoping the realms dont just dry out and wither away save for one big realm.

Quote Originally Posted by storn206 View Post
    Most of its content didn't had lfd though. Wasn't really great that a single content patch was halve the expansion.
    Wrath existed for 2 calendar years. LFG was a part of wrath for 1 calendar year

Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    I honestly can’t take this very seriously when you say you disliked queing from everywhere. Like…. What did that change exactly? You can go to the bg battle master still if you really wanted to even with a tool that allows you to que anywhere. Like you’re out farming and you hate the fact that you aren’t forced to go into town to que?

Also that thought and this thought don’t match up

So you hate it when people just sit in cities waiting for a que…. But you want people waiting in cities waiting for a que when it comes to battlgrounds? And what do you think people did without LFG when they were wanting a group? They sat in the cities waiting for a whisper for a tank to finally see their spam.

Your arguments aren’t matching reality
    Tell us you weren't around for at location queuing without telling us
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    Tell us you weren't around for at location queuing without telling us
    I mean I was but I’m not really sure what that has to do with what I said at all?

Dude said he hated people waiting sitting in cities waiting for ques but at the same time wants people to…. Go to cities to que.

That’s what pvpers did back then. We just sat in the storm wind castle and waited for our que to pop. You might have enough time to get to the auction house to check on something before it popped but that’s about as far as you got.

Were…. You not around back then? Because that’s what it was like

I was somewhat interested in WotLK classic but no dungeon finder just killed any excitement I had for it really. WotLK dungeon content isn't difficult enough for this to matter. Traveling to the dungeon entrance will take twice as long as clearing the place will. What's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Wrath existed for 2 calendar years. LFG was a part of wrath for 1 calendar year
    Yeah.... so you agree that the 3.3 content patch was halve the expansion. Good to know

Quote Originally Posted by storn206 View Post
    Yeah.... so you agree that the 3.3 content patch was halve the expansion. Good to know
    I agree that LFG was in for about half of wrath's entire lifespan. Actual days on an actual real-life calendar. Who gives a shit about patch numbers when they were so sporadically and arbitrarily released?

Taking out LFG of wotlk classis is blizzard catering to the worst kind of neckbeards...

#nochangesuntiliwantachange