Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
19
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Looking forward to reading all the threads about people demanding them to put group finder in WotlK once the expansion has launched.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Blizzard has already made it very clear that the idea of classic as a museum for nostalgia is out the window. It's been out the window for a long time, mostly because it is a bad idea and nostalgia fades quickly. Classic is about providing an old school MMO experience for players that dislike the design principles of modern WoW. Nostalgia brings people in to check it out at the beginning, but it does not keep players around.
    ---------
    I understand that you have this idea in your head that Classic is meant for nostalgia and it is so you can go experience the glory days, but the reality is that everyone that goes in for that reason is gone in two months. The people that stick around and pay the bills are the players who want an old school MMO experience. That's why Blizzard has been cagey about what to do after WoTLK. They know that as you require feature parity with classic, the appeal goes away.
    No, that's not quite how I see it. I'm not a no changes purist. I'm just against dumb and pointless changes like this one. You are making the same mistake as Holly Longdale by suggesting that Classic players are this unitary bunch who all play for the same reason and who have the same philosophy towards the game. When they first announced Classic, one of my first thoughts was, "Wrath Classic when???" Never played vanilla so didn't care much about that. TBC I was definitely interested in, but Wrath is the big one. Wrath is the Classic I've been waiting for. I've heard similar from Classic players who are treating current Classic as a sort of waiting room/early taste for what's to come.

    Dungeon finder was an integral part of my gameplay when it was implemented. It was so cool to have such quick and easy access to dungeons, it made the game better for me. The first half of the expansion I was just levelling characters and taking my sweet time doing whatever, but after 3.3.0. I was farming those emblems on all my characters. That was Wrath for me. That was the Classic I was looking forward to. And now they remove a tool that helped make the game so fun to play. It's so disappointing.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    ''People need to realize this is 2022, people want easier accessibility.''

    Then thats why you have Retail. Thats for you Casuals who have constant limited time. You lot of player types are the only ones upsets of this, no one else.
    Just play retail is a stupid suggestion, retail is not even worth the sub money, some want to play LK because its a much much better game and worth it (and some of the classic servers populations are so messed up its possible not to get groups together *friend started on, I think Westfall horde and its a ghost town so unless you guys want to play for everyone else's server transfer not having a group finder is a crappy idea).
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-05-09 at 01:44 PM.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Just play retail is a stupid suggestion, retail is not even worth the sub money, some want to play LK because its a much much better game and worth it (and some of the classic servers populations are so messed up its possible not to get groups together *friend started on, I think Westfall horde and its a ghost town so unless you guys want to play for everyone else's server transfer not having a group finder is a crappy idea).
    I can support this point of view. I do not wanna play retail. Why? Because I do not like the content there. My favorite specc of all time (Ranged Survival) is not in the game anymore. So if I want to play it, I have to stick to classic - which I am completely fine with.

    But I also want convenient tools to build groups - it does not need to be fully automated as it was back then but it needs to provide a significantly better functionality than the LFG/Trade-Spam game.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by confety View Post
    "lfd made wow antisocial"

    how the game was back in wotlk:

    "lf tank for nexus daily"

    "inv"

    fly to dungeon, finish dungeon

    "ty"

    leaves*
    Also the reality of LFD

    press Find Group and wait 10 minutes
    join the group
    it's Occulus
    tank and 2 dps instantly leave
    let it find a replacement for a few more minutes
    replacements also leave
    you leave
    30 minutes deserter

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandira View Post
    I can support this point of view. I do not wanna play retail. Why? Because I do not like the content there. My favorite specc of all time (Ranged Survival) is not in the game anymore. So if I want to play it, I have to stick to classic - which I am completely fine with.

    But I also want convenient tools to build groups - it does not need to be fully automated as it was back then but it needs to provide a significantly better functionality than the LFG/Trade-Spam game.
    To be Fair that's the main reason I want to play LK Classic (Ranged Survival) *not a fan myself of a lot of other options on Retail either, Hate scaling (some games do it better than others, but Blizzards is the worse), I think the war-powers idea is stupid, old forums before Ghostcrawler a blue came out and said the classes should not play differently in PVP vs PVE, but ya mostly it's because of RSV. Retail does not offer anything I want.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    No, that's not quite how I see it. I'm not a no changes purist. I'm just against dumb and pointless changes like this one. You are making the same mistake as Holly Longdale by suggesting that Classic players are this unitary bunch who all play for the same reason and who have the same philosophy towards the game. When they first announced Classic, one of my first thoughts was, "Wrath Classic when???" Never played vanilla so didn't care much about that. TBC I was definitely interested in, but Wrath is the big one. Wrath is the Classic I've been waiting for. I've heard similar from Classic players who are treating current Classic as a sort of waiting room/early taste for what's to come.

    Dungeon finder was an integral part of my gameplay when it was implemented. It was so cool to have such quick and easy access to dungeons, it made the game better for me. The first half of the expansion I was just levelling characters and taking my sweet time doing whatever, but after 3.3.0. I was farming those emblems on all my characters. That was Wrath for me. That was the Classic I was looking forward to. And now they remove a tool that helped make the game so fun to play. It's so disappointing.
    You aren't disagreeing with me. You are exactly who I was talking about: You want to go in for nostalgia. I am 99% sure you are going to play for a few weeks and bail. It doesn't work. I've seen this with dozens of players. The people who are looking for to nostalgia hang around for a few weeks, and then they get bored. You will be long gone before the ICC patch anyway. This is why SOM failed. It made it more retail-y... but that's not who hangs around and plays Classic.

    The people that hang around are the people who dislike the retail experience and want an old school MMO experience. That is who classic is being made for. It isn't being made for you.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  8. #168
    Kek lfd didn't make the game anti-social. Don't act like people miraculously socialise more in classic; it's the same shit. Join group, say nothing during dungeon, say thanks, leave. Go back to trade chat for 20 minutes and do it all over again.

    Lfd didn't ruin socialising. It might have contributed to letting people be lazy, but it definitely didn't make people not socialise.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

    Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

  9. #169
    Ofc cause its great. The Same its great to have smartphones. All is more accessable and way more comfortable.

    But on the other hand it sucks. Why should i write a letter, when i can sent some a voicemail/textmessage/email? Why should i go to a friend, ring on his door to check if he is at home, so we can do maybe something, when i can just sent ihr a voicemail/textmessage? Why should i go to a retail marked to buy item X, if im not sure at all if they selling this item? I can just go to amazon and buy it there, safe time, money and dont need to go outside. Why should i watch an episode of a tv show on a specific time when i can just go into the internet and watch every episode i want on any time?

    With all the new tools we get in wow & life everything gets better for sure, but on the other hand we are loosing a social aspect, the adventure, the search for someone/something and the beautiful moment when u find/get what you have searched.

    But there is no point of return. Disable LFG in WOTLK feels like you say "Oh I wont use my smartphone now, i will call the cinema and asking what movie they are playing on what time!" or "Oh no i missed my bus, i will go to this phone booth to call my friend and telling him that i'll come later". Nobody would doing that in 2022 anymore. The Social aspect of the game is dead anyway, and excluding the LFG tool is just something that will annoy most of the playerbase.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimabob View Post
    Spamming trade chat with"LF TANK!!" is such an amazing experience and when the guy leaves mid run, you have hearthstone back to the main city and look for a person again.

    People need to realize this is 2022, people want easier accessibility.
    Lol
    Just type /join lookingforgroup, join /lfg, join /world (depending on which is most active on your realm). No need to hearthstone or anything.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Then, with RDF non of these would be useless. As such, RDF builds upon the world and gives players more to do.
    I am not opposed to RDF. I'm just saying that your complaint with how it's currently set up is really niche and only applies to specific dungeons or classes in tbc.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You aren't disagreeing with me. You are exactly who I was talking about: You want to go in for nostalgia. I am 99% sure you are going to play for a few weeks and bail. It doesn't work. I've seen this with dozens of players. The people who are looking for to nostalgia hang around for a few weeks, and then they get bored. You will be long gone before the ICC patch anyway. This is why SOM failed. It made it more retail-y... but that's not who hangs around and plays Classic.

    The people that hang around are the people who dislike the retail experience and want an old school MMO experience. That is who classic is being made for. It isn't being made for you.
    Absolutely I might get bored with it, I think I've even said that myself on another thread. But my point is, I think Blizzard are making a mistake by designing Wrath Classic for the people you're talking about, because a lot of the people who wanted Wrath Classic wanted the dungeon finder. I guess we'll see how it pans out.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Absolutely I might get bored with it, I think I've even said that myself on another thread. But my point is, I think Blizzard are making a mistake by designing Wrath Classic for the people you're talking about, because a lot of the people who wanted Wrath Classic wanted the dungeon finder. I guess we'll see how it pans out.
    I think it would be a really, really bad idea for them to design Wrath Classic for the people that won't even be playing when LFD would be added (which is the final phase or two).
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I think it would be a really, really bad idea for them to design Wrath Classic for the people that won't even be playing when LFD would be added (which is the final phase or two).
    Alot of people wanted to play WotLK for many reasons, RDF being one of them. Maybe many of them didnt care about classic or BC either.

    Denying WotLK players RDF is like forcing classic/BC players having RDF in that version of wow.

  15. #175
    For me a good compromise would be that in classic group finder doesn't automatically teleport you to the dungeon, and it should always be restricted to your own server only.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonflight10 View Post
    The truth is that retail is only for casuals ?
    you are so out of touch
    i played wotlk and retail last raid, i know for a fact that retail is harder
    you probably don't know shit and just spitting useless facts because you are so full of it
    bet you are fun at parties
    Once again You are not even talking about what i am saying. Your just one of those posters who just post things which have nothing to actually do with the points i said and need to vent off.

    God i can't even be asked anymore replying back to you anymore at this point...

    A Majority of people also think i was essentially saying WOTLK is not for casuals. THATS NOT WHAT I MEANT!

    I meant for those with very limited time, there is also retail for you!

    It dosen't mean you have to play retail only because your a casual, but it is there as an option. But it does not mean i said that equals WOTLKC is not for casuals.

    WOTLKC is absolutely for casuals, it's the Casuals Peak Expansions of Expansions. I was saying the other thing with Retail is also there, because looking at TBCC, it seems the last year i've just read more places more OG WoW Vets play that than Retail. So those impressions i got from that, i just used that for the Retail explanation vs WOTLKC.

    Love having to clarifying what i say... because otherwise people instantly goes to a completely wrong first impression on the get go.
    Last edited by Izzyfurious; 2022-05-09 at 06:23 PM.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Alot of people wanted to play WotLK for many reasons, RDF being one of them. Maybe many of them didnt care about classic or BC either.

    Denying WotLK players RDF is like forcing classic/BC players having RDF in that version of wow.
    And those players leave in two weeks. That's not who classic is designed for.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Once again You are not even talking about what i am saying. Your just one of those posters who just post things which have nothing to actually do with the points i said and need to vent off.

    God i can't even be asked anymore replying back to you anymore at this point...

    A Majority of people also think i was essentially saying WOTLK is not for casuals. THATS NOT WHAT I MEANT!

    I meant for those with very limited time, there is also retail for you!

    It dosen't mean you have to play retail only because your a casual, but it is there as an option. But it does not mean i said that equals WOTLKC is not for casuals.

    WOTLKC is absolutely for casuals, it's the Casuals Peak Expansions of Expansions. I was saying the other thing with Retail is also there, because looking at TBCC, it seems the last year i've just read more places more OG WoW Vets play that than Retail. So those impressions i got from that, i just used that for the Retail explanation vs WOTLKC.

    Love having to clarifying what i say... because otherwise people instantly goes to a completely wrong first impression on the get go.
    ohhhh kaay man

    sorry for my comment, i apologize

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    i don't, u counting 1 patch vs launch + 2 patches
    lol best math ever
    3.3 was like 11 months or sth like that
    while every patches together where like 12-13 months or so

    so yeah 3.3 was around 50% of wotlk

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimabob View Post
    Classic apologists will never admit that the players are the problem and that not everything is the game or Blizzard's fault. People want more barriers to other people succeeding at the game, their ego can’t take that hit.

    Classic WoW is hugely about flossing on people with your accomplishments and gear. The more people get to do that the less special it is.

    Spamming trade chat with"LF TANK!!" is such an amazing experience and when the guy leaves mid run, you have hearthstone back to the main city and look for a person again.

    People need to realize this is 2022, people want easier accessibility.
    Because there is are a bunch of very vocal, very loud, very persistent people who insist that their way to play the game is correct, and that everyone else must be forced to play the game that way.

    Its never enough to just say, "well don't use the group finder if you don't to" or "well walk to the quest if thats what you want to do" or whatever the issue is.

    Nope

    Everyone must be forced to play the game their way.

    Kind of a shame really, because its nice to have options.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •