Page 1 of 37
... LastLast

Group Finder for WOTLK is a great tool, why the hate?.

Classic apologists will never admit that the players are the problem and that not everything is the game or Blizzard's fault. People want more barriers to other people succeeding at the game, their ego can’t take that hit.

Classic WoW is hugely about flossing on people with your accomplishments and gear. The more people get to do that the less special it is.

Spamming trade chat with"LF TANK!!" is such an amazing experience and when the guy leaves mid run, you have hearthstone back to the main city and look for a person again.

People need to realize this is 2022, people want easier accessibility.

''People need to realize this is 2022, people want easier accessibility.''

Then thats why you have Retail. Thats for you Casuals who have constant limited time. You lot of player types are the only ones upsets of this, no one else.
    Last edited by Izzyfurious; 2022-05-07 at 06:54 PM.

I'm a die-hard Classic fan, and firmly in the #NoChanges club. Because of this, I would be hugely disappointed if they proceed with leaving the dungeon finder out of Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post

Then thats why you have Retail. Thats for you Casuals who have constant limited time. You lot of player types are the only ones upsets of this, no one else.
    ,,If you want this Wotlk feature in Wotlk Classic just go play retail lol,, . Suuure...makes a lot of sense. Maybe they should remove dual spec , achievements and multiple raid difficulties too because you can always play retail if you don't like it right?

Nah. Id rather play my favorite expansion again exactly as it was back then. And for the record...I have plenty of time to game. I just prefer not to waste it staring at chat and spamming ,,LFM,, and ,,inv,, just so I can do trivial content like Wotlk heroics for badges.

Quote Originally Posted by banelocky View Post
    ,,If you want this Wotlk feature in Wotlk Classic just go play retail lol,, . Suuure...makes a lot of sense. Maybe they should remove dual spec , achievements and multiple raid difficulties too because you can always play retail if you don't like it right?

Nah. Id rather play my favorite expansion again exactly as it was back then. And for the record...I have plenty of time to game. I just prefer not to waste it staring at chat and spamming ,,LFM,, and ,,inv,, just so I can do trivial content like Wotlk heroics for badges.
    Then maybe it's because your server has very little amount of players and thats why it takes forever for you to get a full group

To be against the dungeon finder is to be against easier access to group content in a multiplayer game...

I understood the want to not have it in vanilla. Truly, I did. That version of the game was widely centered around the world and leveling itself.

I will never in a million years understand the hate for dungeon finder for expansions like wotlk. Seriously. It’s just convenient and nothing else. No one is making relationships from a normal gundrak in wotlk. And the super casuals who ARE doing this probably would do this whether there was a dungeon finder or not if it was server specific.

I don’t understand how in a version of wow like wotlk it’s better to be spamming trade looking for a tank for heroic VH endlessly until someone finally joins and you all have to run to the instance. It’s just silly.

Then maybe it's because your server has very little amount of players and thats why it takes forever for you to get a full group

On Ghennas, the most populated horde server on TBC classic, it took me 1h to find a tank for BFD, while I was leveling a shamy 2 weeks ago.
    The experience of getting a group together is horrifying on classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimabob View Post
    Classic apologists will never admit that the players are the problem and that not everything is the game or Blizzard's fault. People want more barriers to other people succeeding at the game, their ego can’t take that hit.

Classic WoW is hugely about flossing on people with your accomplishments and gear. The more people get to do that the less special it is.

Spamming trade chat with"LF TANK!!" is such an amazing experience and when the guy leaves mid run, you have hearthstone back to the main city and look for a person again.

People need to realize this is 2022, people want easier accessibility.
    People want easier everything. Just look at the amount of gold people buy. I think more people do gdkps then actual guild raids. People don't show off their gear. Have you even played bc? You can literally buy full t6 if you want to. Everyone has t6 gear already. There is no "flossing" classic is very casual. you don't even need a set time to raid. Just swipe and buy.

They should either add rdf to old zones up to outlands. Or add rdf during icc like original wrath. Which is probably what they'll do. Dual spec will bring a lot of ninjaing at the start. People playing a spec just to get into the dungeon then rolling need for their "mainspec" everyone's going to be playing an "offspec" just to get more geared at the start.
    Last edited by marulol; 2022-05-07 at 09:33 PM.

Then play vanilla and TBC, not Wrath onwards?

If any classic andy uses the group finder addon, they dont have a leg to stand on. Its Dungeon finder with extra steps. How is flying to the dungeon fun or having to summon someone who is to lazy to fly or to poor to buy flying. Classic apologists are just trying to capture their childhood with these games and everyone else is just trying to have a couple hours of fun. Blizzard is going to add it as the server population drops because like sane people here know. Spamming trade chat for hours LF Tank isnt fun.

RDF should be in, since it was implemented in WotLK. However it should be introduced in the corresponding phase that also introduces ICC, as it is the closest to the historical patch where it was implemented back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I still mental beat my stupid a88 for how 'happy' i was for LFG, and then see myself how it destroyed wow social
    No, if anything i wish it to be REMOVED from retail, i won't sign for random dungeon at 2am but screw it i want the M part of MMO back and remove LFG will help a LOT

I'm old player. i know that even as tank once u cross the crowded hours u can't do ur daily hc, but the price is too high, i also recall ppl actually caring and talking to each others, something that lfg destroyed then came token to bury it
    I want both LFG and token to be removed from wow and never return, want to do ur hc? log 8 pm not 3 am

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Then play vanilla and TBC, not Wrath onwards?
    most of wrath didn't have LFG, if u want to relieve wrath using LFG, u remember the wrong wrath
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by kingj56 View Post
    If any classic andy uses the group finder addon, they dont have a leg to stand on. Its Dungeon finder with extra steps. How is flying to the dungeon fun or having to summon someone who is to lazy to fly or to poor to buy flying. Classic apologists are just trying to capture their childhood with these games and everyone else is just trying to have a couple hours of fun. Blizzard is going to add it as the server population drops because like sane people here know. Spamming trade chat for hours LF Tank isnt fun.
    Have you considered that Classic is made for people who like Classic?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

So you are saying Retail players consist only of Casuals, right ?

ps : no, you are so wrong, no need to answer.

Ah yes, the good old days of spamming trade chat for an hour looking for a healer and hoping that a healer would be wanting to do the same dungeon as your group, and would actually see the message between gold seller, and a**l spam. Then waiting again because no one wanted to travel to the dungeon and would instead spam party chat with summons pls. Then after all that finding out random group members were already locked to said dungeon.

I don't know why they don't try to bring back and improve the BC era dungeon finder where you could select a role and dungeons you wanted to do, or look for a group listing with your role still open. It removes the need for someone to stay in a city spamming chat, and still means you need to travel there ect for those that want more "immersion". Personally I was happy with the Wrath dungeon finder as it cut out 90% of the waiting and tediousness of trying to form a group.
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2022-05-07 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    most of wrath didn't have LFG, if u want to relieve wrath using LFG, u remember the wrong wrath
    actualy around half of wraths lifespan had rdf

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I'm a die-hard Classic fan, and firmly in the #NoChanges club. Because of this, I would be hugely disappointed if they proceed with leaving the dungeon finder out of Wrath.
    The patch they do is almost at the end of the expansion so its already changed so the no changes club is a lie, group finder allows you to quickly pug things and do your daily stuff and was a great tool for wrath.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

imo they should probably add lfd to wrath launch but some tweeks to be included, almost certainly no exp rewards attached to it or badges atleast on the first patch (seeing as wrath didn't launch with it). Keep it server only, which if i remember correctly was the case in wrath if blizzard is truly concerned with community. Maybe, and i mean MAYBE, make players run or discover then dungeon first before being able to q and teleport to it for free(im not even sold on this idea just kinda spitballing)

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    No, I still mental beat my stupid a88 for how 'happy' i was for LFG, and then see myself how it destroyed wow social
    No, if anything i wish it to be REMOVED from retail, i won't sign for random dungeon at 2am but screw it i want the M part of MMO back and remove LFG will help a LOT

I'm old player. i know that even as tank once u cross the crowded hours u can't do ur daily hc, but the price is too high, i also recall ppl actually caring and talking to each others, something that lfg destroyed then came token to bury it
    I want both LFG and token to be removed from wow and never return, want to do ur hc? log 8 pm not 3 am

- - - Updated - - -

LFD did not destroy the social aspect of WoW, ppl who dont want to be social will do the bare min anyway and noone cares about dungeons you can mostly face roll through, only the ICC dungeons were a little harder for the average player.

No LFD means most players would just quit and you will have only your dedicated fans who like the expansion, ppl dont want to waste time finding groups its boring and a complete waste of time.

I dont really pug because i cba and usually only play with friends, guilds are there for you to be social not spamming looking for ppl to do an easy dungeon.

I believe wrath was one of the most social expansions available, i knew ppl from many guilds on the server and mostly just played with guildies or players in the top guilds.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-05-07 at 10:56 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen