Do people still play forum games? (Complete the feature)

Hey Champions,
    I am an old fart that is excited for dragons. I managed to get my friend to play TBC while waiting for it with me and we were talking about Dust-wallow Marsh. When that zone came in classic it was unfinished. It wasn't until way later (I think TBC) that they actually finished it for the horde. I recall quests just ending mid story in vanilla. Now there are NPC's in the cabin with Tabitha and there is an entire new goblin village. The zone was really big and empty before and it was clear that devs needed more time to complete it. I am glad they took time away from end game to finish the leveling experience. Sure it sucked for the players who struggled to 60 to not be rewarded for being there first, but it smoothed things out for newer characters. They did not need to go back and finish what they started but it was appreciated. I also like how with the completion of TBC they added blood elves into random quest zones that hint to problems with their society that culminate in a face off with Kael.

Finish a story thread of complete a feature someone dangles then leave one for the next poster. Even if only a few players in the game will even notice (I mean who levels up in Dust-wallow or 1k needles anymore?). Bonus points if your finish is ridiculous and doable by a bored dev in their free time.

I want to finish the Blue Dragon raid portal next to Obsidian Sanctum:

Nexus Knot Clutch (NKC)
    The portals under wyrmrest tample all lead to a next from a different dragon flight. Before now Only the Black next and the Red nest portals were open. Though the blue portal the NKC can be accessed. In Nexus knot players will defeat 4 parasitic entities that are infesting a snarl in the nexus lines. The blue dragons use these snarls of ley-lines to incubate their eggs but other creatures have their own plans. This raid is one large room filled with reused assets. Just repaint the OS lava blue and add some crystals.

Boss 1- Big Ol' Manaworm. Just a big manaworm. This worm is eating ley juice and you need to kill it. You have to elect one raider to play the match 3 minigame the whole raid or the boss enrages. Each complete resets the enrage timer by 2 seconds (1 second on heroic).

Boss 2- Some kind of spider. One of those magic spiders near the Night-hold. She has been tying up ley lines to make her nest and she must be stopped. She is also webbing up anything that gets near to feed her hatching mana spiderlings. The boss will web players so you will pretty much have to designate one player to run around and play the uncrossing minigame the whole fight just to untangle players. If enough of the raid gets webbed spiders hatch, eat the players, then roll the raid. Heroic difficulty will have have more mana threads to untangle in the minigame before your raider is free.

Boss 3- A horde of Vermin for some reason. Their tunnels are bad for the ley network. You need to designate one player to play the darkmoon fair minesweeper minigame. If a player steps on a "mine" it will unleash a tunnel of virmen adds. The virmen adds also tunnel out of the spots in the ground if not discovered fast enough. If the player successfully marks all the tunnels a dragon will swoop by and detonate all the trouble spots with arcane fine. On heroic mode this minigame will start more often.

Boss 4- Uncle Scratchy. Uncle scratchy is a reused blood elf wretched. He is trying to make mana-dragon-omlets. He detonates ley lines all over the room when engaged. This will cause AE to fire in 8 directions from a few random spots.

Engage all bosses are once- Spank and tank for most raiders but 3 of your raiders will have the stress of playing screen obscuring minigames while dodging AE. After each inevitable wipe the raid leader will be really mean to them and insist that the minesweeper is in fact easy, it doesn't matter if every safe tile is now coated in arcane fire. No I cannot do it, I am the raid leader, maybe we should just keep releasing and running back in to zerg it? No I will not allow guild funds to pay repair bills, I am saving that gold for mounts for the officers. This is so we can drive around new players. What? You think we just want officer motorcycles so we people think our guild is a cool motorcycle gang?! That's it, no rides for you.
    The reward mount will be Uncle Scratchy. Just use the treasure goblin mount from HOTS. Fill the bag with dragon eggs.

Now does anyone want to tell me what they think should be through the green dragonflight next portal under Wrymrest temple? What are we going to do in the nest of the green dragonflight in the expansion?

- - - Updated - - -

Too hard? How about someone end the Magatha Grimtotem story? Was she assassinated by the Eathen Ring?
    Last edited by mcnally86; 2022-05-08 at 06:21 PM.

Bruh I have no idea what a forum game is but I'm not reading all that unformatted text.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Bruh I have no idea what a forum game is but I'm not reading all that unformatted text.
    Liar, you can't have a 10 year badge and not remember forum games. You are old as hell too.

I don't know what this is but i like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forum games tend to be banished to the 'Fun Stuff' section of the forum, and many don't see that unless they well, actively go there.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    I don't know what this is but i like it.
    Take some unfinished story from wow and finish it with dragons.

Like what if Magatha Grimtotem is back and the reason she has been gone was because she was raising kids she had with Arikara. I mean they used to have a love/hate relationship right? Well what kind of child do you think a race with horns would have with a winged serpent? Thats a dragon. Just add a quest chain and the reward is a winged serpent mount with grimtotem horns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Forum games tend to be banished to the 'Fun Stuff' section of the forum, and many don't see that unless they well, actively go there.
    Yikes. Fun had to be quarantined so we could cure it.