Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Furries are misunderstood.

Because for many, they feel it's just a sex thing and should be forbidden from forums.

Like this thing that someone said

The first video you posted contained content totally unsuitable for this and many other forums. By posting such material you've answered your own question. Please refrain from posting any further material of this nature.
    When it was just a video of Majira Strawberry.

I think most misunderstand what furry is about.

Even someone who researched furries said there is discrimination against furries.

I do think ‘fursectution’ is real,” says Gerbasi (who does not identify as a furry), using a portmanteau term referring to perceived persecution of the fandom from outside elements. “And I think it’s because people are afraid of things they don’t understand.”
    from some who have researched furry

“We find that, with most furries and their fur suits, there’s no sexual element to it for the vast majority of fursuiters,” says Plante. “It’s because they want to be a cartoon character in the real world.”
    Furries revealed: Study finds only 4% of enthusiasts say their 'fandom' is about sex (although 35% of the public thinks otherwise)
    I found a lot of studies about furry fandom. And they're all saying the same exact thing:furry is just a innocent hobby, listen to what the studies say.

I think also part of the hate against furries is partly motivated by homophobia.

I saw some tweet from a person who was on the Somethingawful forums who said that part of the hate against furries was in fact motivated by homophobia.

There is also a article on the internet titled "If You Hate Furries, You’re Anti-LGBT"

Why am i posting this thing here?

Because for some reason i can't post it where i want till i have about 20 posts, this information needs to get out, and i feel i shouldn't have to wait till 20 posts to post it in the right forum.

Infracted
    Last edited by CerealLord; 2022-05-15 at 01:04 PM.

Or maybe its just that its odd for everyone not doing it? You're walking around in big ass customes thinking you're dogs or what ever. It's not anti LGBT, or homophobia. Be different = get judged for it, thats how it is, and thats how its always been.

Back in my teenager years I was an emo kid, with the black extreme hair, makeup, the whole shit. I got judged everyday, but who cares. I was me, and you are you as a furrie. Do your thing, and if peoples opinions bother you that much, then you're probably just insecure about the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Or maybe its just that its odd for everyone not doing it? You're walking around in big ass customes thinking you're dogs or what ever. It's not anti LGBT, or homophobia. Be different = get judged for it, thats how it is, and thats how its always been.

Back in my teenager years I was an emo kid, with the black extreme hair, makeup, the whole shit. I got judged everyday, but who cares. I was me, and you are you as a furrie. Do your thing, and if peoples opinions bother you that much, then you're probably just insecure about the whole thing.
    Well those suits get really hot, many makers won't make a fursuit like that and many makers have a warranty that is voided if they discover that someone altered their fursuit that way,sold it to a third party or such.

Plus there has been a recent trend of callout culture directed at naming and shaming those who use their fursuits in that way.

The thing is you dont need to be a fur suiter to be a Furry I mean I have a character who i got tons of art work of, but I dont really see myself as a furry, or go fur suitting I just enjoy the art

Keep your nasty TMI fetishes to yourself. The reason people LOATHE furries and look down on them, isint because of their kinks. It's the fact you always air them to the public. That would be like me coming out and saying WHAT DO U GUYS THINK OF MY BALL GAG CLAN? the majority would say who cares keep it to yourself. But the fact the furries keep shoving their nasty sex practices for all to see is the problem. Keep your sexual fetishes to yourself or dont be surprised when people call you weird. If you want to avoid criticism, maybe the internet isint the place for you.

Infracted
    Last edited by CerealLord; 2022-05-15 at 01:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    The thing is you dont need to be a fur suiter to be a Furry I mean I have a character who i got tons of art work of, but I dont really see myself as a furry, or go fur suitting I just enjoy the art
    Yup, one time i went to furry con in Pittsburgh, most people attending weren't in fursuits, but in either regular clothes or just tails and ears.

Quote Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
    Keep your nasty TMI fetishes to yourself. The reason people LOATHE furries and look down on them, isint because of their kinks. It's the fact you always air them to the public. That would be like me coming out and saying WHAT DO U GUYS THINK OF MY BALL GAG CLAN? the majority would say who cares keep it to yourself. But the fact the furries keep shoving their nasty sex practices for all to see is the problem. Keep your sexual fetishes to yourself or dont be surprised when people call you weird. If you want to avoid criticism, maybe the internet isint the place for you.

Same with any group really, the moment, you ram it down peoples throughts the more they hate you for it, sometimes its just best to leave it behind closed doors, who cares what you like, just dont shout it at people

10+ Year Old Account
    Its one thing to like animals or even specific animals, its another to dress up as one all the time.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
    But,but, the studies state for most it isn't anything sexual.

And studies don't lie.

“We find that, with most furries and their fur suits, there’s no sexual element to it for the vast majority of fursuiters,” says Plante. “It’s because they want to be a cartoon character in the real world.”
    Last edited by Axelthefox; 2022-05-14 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelthefox View Post
    Yup, one time i went to furry con in Pittsburgh, most people attending weren't in fursuits, but in either regular clothes or just tails and ears.
    I Mean i havent ever gone to a con and if i did id just go in regular clothes honesty, the ac of suiting never appealed to me, like i said I just like the art

Last edited by CerealLord; 2022-05-15 at 01:14 PM.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Same as with any other convention.

I read about this radio show and they would read craigslist personal ads, the funniest were when Dragoncon happened.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    LMAO, also OP you're clinging to things pretty hard akin to confirmation bias. Furries aren't a protected class. BYE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are free to dress up as an Animal. Just as others are free to think you are a weirdo for doing so.

I mean yes there is bad apples in every Comminuty.

There was one furry Con that in 2006 Donated $50,000 To charity

There was one furry Con that was banned because 2 people had sex in a carpark lot

You cant really judge an entire comminty ona few bad apples

Remember when the Rick and Morty Comminity stormed a Mcdonalds and Trampled Children wanting to get the "Sauce"

https://youtu.be/GmULc5VANsw

Uh this is pretty much what i think of when i hear the word furries
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    I mean yes there is bad apples in every Comminuty.

There was one furry Con that in 2006 Donated $50,000 To charity

There was one furry Con that was banned because 2 people had sex in a carpark lot

You cant really judge an entire comminty ona few bad apples

Remember when the Rick and Morty Comminity stormed a Mcdonalds and Trampled Children wanting to get the "Sauce"
    Yup.

The actions of a few, don't mean everyone is like that.

Like i wonder if you know about that time that some Hetalia cosplayers did a Nazi salute in front of the Holocaust museum?

[Hetalia Fandom] The Anime Boston Incident, AKA That One Time When Some Hetalia Cosplayers Did a Hitler Salute During a Photoshoot

Or a guy blaming anime/manga for crimes he did against a young girl?

Florida Man Blames Anime, Manga After Allegedly harming Child in Church Closest

10+ Year Old Account
    The culture of furries is in a side category but experiences the same behavior as many people's reaction to other sexualities (LGBTQ+); confusion, misunderstanding, misinterpreting, or fear of the unknown. I do admit, that it is a more difficult thing for people to accept due to the nature of outward appearance during such indulgence. And then of course, there is the stigma that many direct their reactions from, as many times, they cannot divide various behaviors from the same category.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post

It takes more energy to be a ass than to shrug and go about their way...world is a shitty place in part because of that mindset. People go out of their way to be assholes to flat out hateful over things that don't even affect them

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The culture of furries is in a side category but experiences the same behavior as many people's reaction to other sexualities (LGBTQ+); confusion, misunderstanding, misinterpreting, or fear of the unknown. I do admit, that it is a more difficult thing for people to accept due to the nature of outward appearance during such indulgence. And then of course, there is the stigma that many direct their reactions from, as many times, they cannot divide various behaviors from the same category.
    I wonder too if it might be a moral panic.

I was reading how a group of people are portrayed in media or folklore as deviant and outsiders that are called folk devils.

I recently saw on tv about a bunch of Karens/republicans recently getting up in arms over there being furries in schools.

Like,i remember when i was growing up, that heavy metal was blamed for a lot of stuff and when metal bands trashed hotels, it made the news.
    Last edited by Axelthefox; 2022-05-14 at 09:32 PM.