Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Wouldn't Talanji have a vendetta against the Alliance?

So, I'm not entirely sure of this since this is one of the plot points in BfA that won't get much exploration until the future...

Though a lot of people seem to forget about this event that happened in Dazar'alor. We were pre-occupied with Azshara and N'zoth that we overlooked the moment in Battle for Dazar'alor where the Alliance has killed King Rastakhan as one of the major boss fights of that raid.

Wouldn't Talanji have some sort of vengeance against the Alliance for killing her father?

Is that a possible plot point they might explore or just no?

It ll happen when an Alliance leader or hero requires it for his/her story. Every hero needs a monster to slay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Based on her portrayal in Shadows Rising she certainly still bears a grudge - not enough to scuttle the delicate and ongoing Alliance/Horde peace process, but more than enough to speak her mind when attending the Horde's council meetings.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    So, I'm not entirely sure of this since this is one of the plot points in BfA that won't get much exploration until the future...

Though a lot of people seem to forget about this event that happened in Dazar'alor. We were pre-occupied with Azshara and N'zoth that we overlooked the moment in Battle for Dazar'alor where the Alliance has killed King Rastakhan as one of the major boss fights of that raid.

Wouldn't Talanji have some sort of vengeance against the Alliance for killing her father?

I think she has a vendetta against her father, because he sold her to Bwonsamdi.

I think it's something that has been forgotten about, because Rastakhan dying was merely meant to be the symbolic death of patriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account

Thank Danuser for that...the entire expansion was about Sylvanas, Sylvanas, and more Sylvanas

I think she kinda forgot.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Shadows rising shows that she does still have the grudge but she's also in a weak position in zandalar and needs horde support which they say they will give only if she doesn't persuader revenge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cone of cold View Post
    I think she has a vendetta against her father, because he sold her to Bwonsamdi.

I think it's something that has been forgotten about, because Rastakhan dying was merely meant to be the symbolic death of patriarchy.
    shadows rising covers both her feelings toward her father and the alliance neither were forgotten.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    The peace won't last. They are dumb and left to many loose ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    shadows rising covers both her feelings toward her father and the alliance neither were forgotten.
    The books don't matter. If it's not in the game, it didn't happen. She won't appear again for several expansions, if at all.

Magatha Grimtotem kills Baine, takes his place on the council. Has most of the Thunderbluff npcs wiped out and replaced with Grimtotem ones, convinces Talanji to start the Fifth War. And tries to kill the players several times because she still is salty we took her toys in Cataclysm 1K Needles, even though she looted the Shaman Class Hall after Legion.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Magatha Grimtotem kills Baine, takes his place on the council. Has most of the Thunderbluff npcs wiped out and replaced with Grimtotem ones, convinces Talanji to start the Fifth War. And tries to kill the players several times because she still is salty we took her toys in Cataclysm 1K Needles, even though she looted the Shaman Class Hall after Legion.
    I'm gonna correct you there. She never took the Doomstone, in fact, Nobundo has been watching it while Magetha just...went missing.

"Oddly enough, despite her pledge to keep watch over the Doomstone, Magatha was nowhere to be found, and it was Nobundo who secured the Doomstone." - Quest Source: Defending the Maelstrom.

If that's truly the case then it failed miserably.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The books don't matter. If it's not in the game, it didn't happen. She won't appear again for several expansions, if at all.
    ya that's not how the lore works like at all.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

You're canonically wrong but don't let the facts get in the way of your headcanon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    ya that's not how the lore works like at all.
    Yeah. The "if it's not in the game it didn't happen" guys are the first ones to whine about lore they ignored not making sense.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Lol. Tell that to Warcrimes or the Shattering.
    Or Sylvanas. Or Before the Storm.
    Oh hey! There’s a trend here!

I'm gonna correct you there. She never took the Doomstone, in fact, Nobundo has been watching it while Magetha just...went missing.

"Oddly enough, despite her pledge to keep watch over the Doomstone, Magatha was nowhere to be found, and it was Nobundo who secured the Doomstone." - Quest Source: Defending the Maelstrom.
    That is what she wants you to think! She swapped it out, that or she plans on doing it later. Lazy Blizzard writing will fix it.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You're canonically wrong but don't let the facts get in the way of your headcanon.
    I didn't say it's not canon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Lol. Tell that to Warcrimes or the Shattering.
    Or Sylvanas. Or Before the Storm.
    Oh hey! There’s a trend here!
    Tides of War was the last book I read.

Don't care. They're not good books.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Thank Danuser for that...the entire expansion was about Sylvanas, Sylvanas, and more Sylvanas
    More like it was Sylvanas, Jaina, More Sylvanas...and then suddenly Azshara and N'zoth with Magni in-between... Now featuring Wrathion from the ever popular expansion, Mists of Pandaria.

I mean, in theory, yes, but the Alliance enjoys protagonist privilege in the lore and character motivations throughout the game, so I"m sure on some level she probably even sympathizes with them killing her father because of the moral turmoil that probably put the Alliance in to go through.

If she is lucky it will get a bit of lipservice and then proceed to be forgotten about, if the previous instances of actually legitimate grudges are anything to go by she will be killing her own people alongside Jaina, in no time.