Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Archimonde vs Denathrius

Who would win in a fight between these two beings who seem comparable in power.

Both in their prime and on neutral ground without outside interference.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because we haven't seen how strong the first ones are compaired to other things, I'm guessing Denathrius is weaker than Zovaal... who we mopped up with limited help.

That being said, we also whacked Archimonde with not a lot of help...

I would still assume Archimonde.
    Even though Denathrius created the Dreadlords.. he seemed pretty weak himself

There is absolutly no standard of power in Warcraft. Things are as powerful as they need to be, there can be no actual discussion on this when any standard shifts from patch to patch canonicly. Otherwise, for instance, Jaina would be more powerful than... well Dentharius. Or any raid boss. Since we couldnt defeat her. While being powered by the Heart of Azeroth.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    There is absolutly no standard of power in Warcraft. Things are as powerful as they need to be, there can be no actual discussion on this when any standard shifts from patch to patch canonicly. Otherwise, for instance, Jaina would be more powerful than... well Dentharius. Or any raid boss. Since we couldnt defeat her. While being powered by the Heart of Azeroth.
    We defeated her, she was injured and fled to avoid dying. And didn't Nathanos help us?
    Last edited by darkoms; 2022-05-10 at 12:39 PM.

This is why we need a Warcraft 4 lol. Just put them 1 vs 1 and done

Quote Originally Posted by Sanrius View Post

The Eternal Ones have virtually no feats. I think they should be stronger than Archimonde, but nothing is known about their power level

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    Because we haven't seen how strong the first ones are compaired to other things, I'm guessing Denathrius is weaker than Zovaal... who we mopped up with limited help.

I would still assume Archimonde.
    Even though Denathrius created the Dreadlords.. he seemed pretty weak himself
    well the first archimonde we didnt even beat ourselves,some whiss blew him up

and the wod archi we beat with everyone and their granda helping,a bunch of heroes and both horde and draenei armies

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere that the Eternal ones were comparable to the Titans powerlevel-wise
    Lead designer Morgan Day described the Eternal Ones as being on par with the titans.[16] Art director Ely Cannon described the Winter Queen as "something kind of right below [a titan]".[18] Game director Ion Hazzikostas said that the end boss of Shadowlands, Zovaal, needed to be "titan-level"[19] or "titan plus plus level", like Argus and N'Zoth for, respectively, Legion and Battle for Azeroth, implying he was being metaphorical rather than literal.[20]

10+ Year Old Account

How are they comparable in power?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking that with Denathrius being alot older, he would have plenty of tricks up his sleeve to be able to beat Archimonde.

The Eternal Ones are Titan Keeper tier based on their feats. And I think Archimonde could have been juiced up to at least Titan Keeper level by Sargeras as well.

I think Denathius == Odyn == Archimonde is a pretty level playing field.

EOs being Sargeras/Aman'thul tier Titan is inconsistent with everything we've seen in-game and out.

10+ Year Old Account

Sire Denathrius is Titan power level, which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay above Archimonde.

Archimonde is described as "like a fly" to Sargeras, so Archie is probably "like a bumblebee" to Sire Denathrius..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Lead designer Morgan Day described the Eternal Ones as being on par with the titans.[16] Art director Ely Cannon described the Winter Queen as "something kind of right below [a titan]".[18] Game director Ion Hazzikostas said that the end boss of Shadowlands, Zovaal, needed to be "titan-level"[19] or "titan plus plus level", like Argus and N'Zoth for, respectively, Legion and Battle for Azeroth, implying he was being metaphorical rather than literal.[20]
    "N'zoth is titan plus"

Is that why the Titans easily plucked an old god like it was nothing but only stopped because it would hurt Azeroth?

As I said, no standard on lore. N'zoth is no where near titan level, untill he suddenlly is for no reason.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Guessing Denathrius?

The etenral ones exist in the same position in cosmic hierarchy rank as the titans?
    Last edited by Wonderment2; 2022-05-10 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    "N'zoth is titan plus"

Is that why the Titans easily plucked an old god like it was nothing but only stopped because it would hurt Azeroth?

As I said, no standard on lore. N'zoth is no where near titan level, untill he suddenlly is for no reason.
    Once again, Ion said about the threat of the level of the titan and apparently he did not speak literally

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    The Eternal Ones are Titan Keeper tier based on their feats. And I think Archimonde could have been juiced up to at least Titan Keeper level by Sargeras as well.

I think Denathius == Odyn == Archimonde is a pretty level playing field.

EOs being Sargeras/Aman'thul tier Titan is inconsistent with everything we've seen in-game and out.
    I am absolutely sure that Archimonde and Denatrius are stronger than Odyn

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Sire Denathrius is Titan power level, which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay above Archimonde.

Archimonde is described as "like a fly" to Sargeras, so Archie is probably "like a bumblebee" to Sire Denathrius..
    We wouldn't have beaten him if he was at Titan level.

Once again, Ion said about the threat of the level of the titan and apparently he did not speak literally

- - - Updated - - -

I am absolutely sure that Archimonde and Denatrius are stronger than Odyn

- - - Updated - - -

We wouldn't have beaten him if he was at Titan level.
    IDK why people are hung up on developer tweets. They are neither canon nor relevant, it's feats or nothing.

The Eternal Ones are not powerful, Kyrestria dies to Devos if you fail Spires of Ascension. Sylvanas may have been strong enough to assassinate the Winter Queen. Denathrius additionally split his power up among the Venthyr council people.

There's also the matter of 'being the ruler of their own realm' status to consider. The Halls of Valor are not unlike Bastion, his Val'kyr have a similar power and role to that of the Kyrians, and he rules over his own corner of his pseudo-Shadowlands. Based on feats I think the Odyn = Eternal Ones power level comparison is the most accurate. I would also go as far as to say the Elemental Lords are also in the same power tier.

Archi and KJ may not be as powerful in this regards.

Titan Keeper = Eternal One = Elemental Lord

The Titan Pantheon is well above all of these, but still inferior to the First Ones, if they weren't all dead.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    IDK why people are hung up on developer tweets. They are neither canon nor relevant, it's feats or nothing.

The Eternal Ones are not powerful, Kyrestria dies to Devos if you fail Spires of Ascension. Sylvanas may have been strong enough to assassinate the Winter Queen. Denathrius additionally split his power up among the Venthyr council people.

There's also the matter of 'being the ruler of their own realm' status to consider. The Halls of Valor are not unlike Bastion, his Val'kyr have a similar power and role to that of the Kyrians, and he rules over his own corner of his pseudo-Shadowlands. Based on feats I think the Odyn = Eternal Ones power level comparison is the most accurate. I would also go as far as to say the Elemental Lords are also in the same power tier.

Archi and KJ may not be as powerful in this regards.

Titan Keeper = Eternal One = Elemental Lord

The Titan Pantheon is well above all of these, but still inferior to the First Ones, if they weren't all dead.
    This was an interview for Windows Central and the dev tweets are canon whether you like it or not.

How does this contradict the fact that they are stronger than Odyn?

No, really, am I the only one here who read the Chronicles? How can a Guardian be equal to an Elemental Lord if multiple Guardians were required for each Elemental Lord?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    For clarity, we actually had a lot of help when we beat Archimonde both times.
    At Hyjal, we really weren't "killing" Archimonde so much as we were distracting him until Malfurion's plan was set into motion (i.e.: we were stopping him from taking the power of the World Tree until the wisps could detonate en masse).
    On Draenor, the help we had wasn't visually indicated very well. During the fight we had Khadgar, Grommash, Durotan, and Yrel, as well as the the Frostwolf Clan, the Draenei, and some help from the mages of the Kirin Tor. This was only communicated after the fact and not throughout the fight.

- - - Updated - - -

This was an interview for Windows Central and the dev tweets are canon whether you like it or not.

How does this contradict the fact that they are stronger than Odyn?

No, really, am I the only one here who read the Chronicles? How can a Guardian be equal to an Elemental Lord if multiple Guardians were required for each Elemental Lord?
    To be fair, The Legend of Odyn does make Ragnaros seem weaker than the Keepers (although, we know this was propagandized).

Quote Originally Posted by Great Odyn and the Firelord
    Inside the lair of the Firelord, an inferno roiled and raged, bolstering the elemental's might. "I am empowered!" cried proud Ragnaros. "Approach me, insects, if you dare!"

How arrogant the Firelord was. How foolish to challenge the keepers of Azeroth!

Odyn was too full of courage, too pure of heart, to be shaken by such hollow threats. The keeper struck at the Firelord with the strength of a thousand vrykul, raining down upon Ragnaros with piercing spears of light while Tyr lashed out with his silver hammer, and soon the pitiful Firelord was on the verge of defeat.

"Clearly Ragnaros is no match for our strength, brother," said Tyr. "I hope you will not be dismayed when I land the final blow."

And with that, the two great warriors set upon Ragnaros, each wishing to best the other. After hearing their wager, the pathetic Firelord called down smoke as black as night to surround his weakened form. Neither keeper could find their foe until Tyr, wielding his shining hammer like a torch, cut through the darkness and struck Ragnaros to the core. Yet before he could fell the Firelord, fresh gouts of flame erupted from Ragnaros's maw, driving Tyr back.

Our great Odyn was not so easily defeated. "Let the Firelord strike me!" Odyn said. "I am the chosen of Aman'Thul! None, not even this supposed lord, can best my might." Thus Odyn ran at Ragnaros, engulfing himself in the inferno and smiting the Firelord with a single blow.

Even as he fell, Ragnaros's flame washed over Odyn and set the keeper's face ablaze with the fury of the Firelord. Again mighty Odyn laughed, shaking the very heart of the world with his mirth. Where once his beard had been, there now raged a sea of molten rock and fire!

"Brother," Tyr cried, "forget our wager! You have been scarred by the Firelord! How shall we ever heal your wounds?"

"You only say such things because I have bested you, Tyr. Leave it be!" Odyn declared. "Now all will know that I have defeated the Firelord, for his might is no match for my own!"
    - Link
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that Denathrius is one of the pantheon of death, he is probably much stronger than Archimonde...unless Archimonde is part of the pantheon of his respective region.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Can Denny suck the pride from Archie and feed himself on the power it gives and make himself stronger? Denny was a little vampiric and I’m sure would be able to keep Archie busy with his sword and port behind Archie and start sucking his anima/pride away. They would make an interesting fight. Blizzard need to build a fight simulator which would let you put bosses against each other and let you watch