Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    maybe something like kill x number of raid bosses for 1 roll in the great vault. killing more bosses then x merely ups your percentage at getting a better roll but no guarantee. maybe x = 3. that would make boosting mostly pointless.
    So remove a core part of the game and still enhance boosting cause if little Timmy struggles little Timmy gonna boost cause more bosses is more loot

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    More visible nowadays.
    GDKP runs were a constant spam in Trade chat in TBC/Wrath. It's only "more visible" to you now, because you want to be angry about it so notice it more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    ... Good way to twist my words.

Arent we talking about a video game? So... I mean acomplishment in a video game. We are not talking about real life.

Stop pretending you are an inteligent person. Thanks.
    I don't need to pretend to be intelligent. I just like pointing out losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Boosting existed forever in MMO's. Maybe it wasn't as widely advertised like it is in WoW but it was always around.

Even in the EQ days, people paid to get into hard-to-reach areas like plane of sky, and also guilds sold nodrop (bind on pickup) items from raids by porting you in to loot the item.
    I don't think anyone is claiming it didn't it's more how widespread and disruptive its become.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You still could. I did say that the transaction would hold for something like 72 hours before going through. That's not outrageous and easy enough for individuals to manage. So your wife could still support you. A guild doing a booming business in boosts would find it more difficult if they're doing a lot of runs for people.
    It hurts normal players and would likely not even phase boosters, it's not a great idea at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    GDKP runs were a constant spam in Trade chat in TBC/Wrath. It's only "more visible" to you now, because you want to be angry about it so notice it more.
    I don't care if they exist or not, but in 17 years of playing this game I didn't even know GDKPs exist until MoP and they were never spammed in trade, at least not on the servers I've been on. Just like boosting, people probably didn't know how "legal" they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I mean if you did it the hard way you fucking earned it versus letting "Let me solo her" do it...does the existance of that guy cheapen Elden Ring? Are the world first guys achievement cheapened cause they sold a mythic run to xxelonmuskxx. How about in a single player game you love but man some dude used a trainer and just flew through the game is it suddenly cheapened then?
    Pretty sure this is neither a single player game nor are we world first raiders (who get rewarded with real money and fame). It's about you and your peers.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-05-12 at 02:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I don't think anyone is claiming it didn't it's more how widespread and disruptive its become.
    It has only been considered disruptive since everyone was able to make a market out of it, before that, it relied a lot more on the server and its economy on how it could be advertised and priced. It was big back in the days, it wasn't some underground shady business (unless you dealt with third-party pricks), it was just not considered as much of a problem because - surprise surprise - it wasn't so easy for everyone to get into it (payment).

Back then, you could purchase a boost with crafting reagents, or crafted gear, or even for offering your service to them, and they would offer to you another time. Or the deal would be that you made claim on XYZ items in the dungeon/raid as a price - and then there was gold as payment or as buying items being auctioned off within the boost (we're staying away from 3rd party options), the gold prices were nowhere near what we see today, nor considered as easy to get as we see gold today (even without token).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It has only been considered disruptive since everyone was able to make a market out of it, before that, it relied a lot more on the server and its economy on how it could be advertised and priced. It was big back in the days, it wasn't some underground shady business (unless you dealt with third-party pricks), it was just not considered as much of a problem because - surprise surprise - it wasn't so easy for everyone to get into it (payment).

Back then, you could purchase a boost with crafting reagents, or crafted gear, or even for offering your service to them, and they would offer to you another time. Or the deal would be that you made claim on XYZ items in the dungeon/raid as a price - and then there was gold as payment or as buying items being auctioned off within the boost (we're staying away from 3rd party options), the gold prices were nowhere near what we see today, nor considered as easy to get as we see gold today (even without token).
    Yes and no...

I sold boosts since tbc for the war bear and while it existed it was much more for big ticket items.

We had a few buyers for gear but they were a oddity not the norm. Usually mounts were the big thing. People really,really want limited cosmetic rewards. It's to the point that I am surprised mythic plus doesn't have it's own elite recoloring.

Power never really was as big of a draw as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and no...

I sold boosts since tbc for the war bear and while it existed it was much more for big ticket items.

We had a few buyers for gear but they were a oddity not the norm. Usually mounts were the big thing. People really,really want limited cosmetic rewards. It's to the point that I am surprised mythic plus doesn't have it's own elite recoloring.

Power never really was as big of a draw as that.
    Commonly sold me for that missing tank/healer spot, then gaining a boost offer as a reward. Or boosted people for the price of crafting materials, or just open in chat, telling people to join me for a few spam runs as long as I get X items.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Commonly sold me for that missing tank/healer spot, then gaining a boost offer as a reward. Or boosted people for the price of crafting materials, or just open in chat, telling people to join me for a few spam runs as long as I get X items.
    Kind of feels like you are stretching the term into meaningless nonsense to be blunt.

You don't really expect to be taken seriously comparing crafting to max level content boosting are you?

That or you are trying to say bartering for a in demand role is the same thing? Honestly its feeling so off topic I can't see how its relevant unless I've missed your point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of feels like you are stretching the term into meaningless nonsense to be blunt.

You don't really expect to be taken seriously comparing crafting to max level content boosting are you?

That or you are trying to say bartering for a in demand role is the same thing? Honestly its feeling so off topic I can't see how its relevant unless I've missed your point.
    Sounds to me, that you are not understanding it? Boosting is a service where one part takes another part through content. The offering part may take a price of their wish, does not have to be gold, can be items, or a boost/raid position for offer. Can't really stretch the term of boosting.

I am explaining to you, that boosting was an active thing, even in vanilla, though not with massive piles of gold as it is today. I am then telling you, then I have purchased boosts with trades of items/materials, or even gotten a boost through content because I have assisted the same group through some other content by filling a position they needed.

Unless it is the position of you getting confused because one can offer a lower level a boost as long as one makes claim on certain stuff within? I take someone with me, even though I don't have to, so they can gain, and I can gain.

Sounds to me, that you are not understanding it? Boosting is a service where one part takes another part through content. The offering part may take a price of their wish, does not have to be gold, can be items, or a boost/raid position for offer. Can't really stretch the term of boosting.

I am explaining to you, that boosting was an active thing, even in vanilla, though not with massive piles of gold as it is today. I am then telling you, then I have purchased boosts with trades of items/materials, or even gotten a boost through content because I have assisted the same group through some other content by filling a position they needed.

Unless it is the position of you getting confused because one can offer a lower level a boost as long as one makes claim on certain stuff within? I take someone with me, even though I don't have to, so they can gain, and I can gain.
    Right and that doesn't really have anything to do with what is specifically being discussed either. It is why I asked you to clarify it.