Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Exclamation [Speculation] Boosting is going to be banned fully

edit: ingame boosting for gold, ofcourse boosting for money was always banned

I'll spare you the "my gf works for bobby kotick and is sucking his dick in exchange for info". Blizz currently has plans to ban boosting fully or at least intervene in some meaningful form, heres what i was told:

i.imgur.com/FXOJihO.png (sorry cant post links)

source: dude trust me, also behind tor because mods on mmo-c probably would leak my ip to blizz and then connect the person im talking to me
    Last edited by kronikleute; 2022-05-11 at 12:48 AM.

Boosting has always been bannable idk what’s actually changing here

Quote Originally Posted by Royru View Post
    Boosting has always been bannable idk what’s actually changing here
    no you can safely boost now for gold, with this they will not allow you to do so anymore or as i understand it theyll limit it in some way

Quote Originally Posted by kronikleute View Post
    no you can safely boost now for gold, with this they will not allow you to do so anymore or as i understand it theyll limit it in some way
    Sure but boosting for money has always been bannable. And that has been going on since the dawn of time and they have never even come close to addressing it. I had a guild mate back in the day who would literally just buy a glad boost every single season because he wasn’t the mounts and never got banned. This happens on a super regular basis so I guess I’m just saying I don’t see how this will slow boosting.

Either way I mean that’s good if they are at least looking into it.

Boosting/sale runs since the game first launched it is impossible to do unless they remove trading and mailing of gold period. they ban it from chat the services will be done via discord where blizzard cannot police,

Sure but boosting for money has always been bannable. And that has been going on since the dawn of time and they have never even come close to addressing it. I had a guild mate back in the day who would literally just buy a glad boost every single season because he wasn’t the mounts and never got banned. This happens on a super regular basis so I guess I’m just saying I don’t see how this will slow boosting.

OP is talking about Boosting for gold like for example 1m gold for a mythic zovaal carry type of boosting not rmt
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

ehm you decided to ignore the gold part for some reason lol

ehm you decided to ignore the gold part for some reason lol
    No I didn’t, I guess I was suggesting that the boosting would just move over to money instead of gold and it wouldn’t slow down.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nah if they were going to do that they would’ve just gone all out when they banned communities doing it. Why do a half measure before a full measure? Anyway your proof is basically “dude trust me” so yeah no I’m not believing it until there’s something more solid

15+ Year Old Account
    source: dude trust me, also behind tor because mods on mmo-c probably would leak my ip to blizz and then connect the person im talking to me
    Isn't this old news? Blizzard has already banned boosting in communities so there is no need to wait for them to make payouts.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...y-2022/1176836

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    As of today, we will now prohibit organizations who offer boosting, matchmaking, escrow, or other non-traditional services, including those offered for gold.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

This looks like a DM (or something similar) from a Discord mod of boosting community. There's a bit of credibility there given these people would be most interested in whatever Blizzard plans to do about boosting; however, the first two words are "I think," so this speculation should be taken with a massive grain of salt.

5+ Year Old Account
    I hope this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    Boosting/sale runs since the game first launched it is impossible to do unless they remove trading and mailing of gold period. they ban it from chat the services will be done via discord where blizzard cannot police.
    Another possibility if this goes through is that guilds will begin to charge for "trials" where the guild goes and does a bunch of old and outdated content and the "trial" gets a bunch of gear. Also, for some completely unrelated reason 1,000,000 gold shows up in the guild bank shortly after and the guy they trialed is never heard from again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I hope this is true.
    It wouldn't change anything. Boosting demand will still be there and people who want to get boosted will find ways to get boosted.

edit: ingame boosting for gold, ofcourse boosting for money was always banned

I'll spare you the "my gf works for bobby kotick and is sucking his dick in exchange for info". Blizz currently has plans to ban boosting fully or at least intervene in some meaningful form, heres what i was told:

i.imgur.com/FXOJihO.png (sorry cant post links)

Of course i can neither confirm nor deny, but my biggest question would be "Why?".
    I mean the advertising, sure, but boosting itself isn't hurting anyone.

Additionally it seems like it would be very hard to discern when something is boosting, because i have carelessly helped people (and even a struggling guild or two) in defeating fights they were not able to clear without me and mine, purely on a whim.
    Afterwards some of us got some voluntary tips, would that already count as boosting? How would they differentiate?

Seems like they'd actively fuck themselves over by going this far.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Another possibility if this goes through is that guilds will begin to charge for "trials" where the guild goes and does a bunch of old and outdated content and the "trial" gets a bunch of gear. Also, for some completely unrelated reason 1,000,000 gold shows up in the guild bank shortly after and the guy they trialed is never heard from again.

- - - Updated - - -

It wouldn't change anything. Boosting demand will still be there and people who want to get boosted will find ways to get boosted.
    Relapses got to this part first, as did rhorle.

Blizzard can try to silence and push boosting aside, but it'll just go the way of gold selling - just becomes more obfuscated. Plausible deniability methods that, honestly, can be inferred as boosting but we all know you can't prove that for a few reasons. Let alone what Relapses said, where you'd need someone to report you or the group for boosting and that's difficult to even quantify unless you purposefully push yourself into those circles.

And I don't think even Blizzard wants to bother that deeply with it.

How do they police boosting being bannable? It's difficult to do, maybe they can ban advertisement of it. The same thing is a problem in Classic though with GDKP's, the botting and gold selling scene funds the lot and Blizzard takes quite a lot of bank themselves from all the accounts + boosts that are bought. The funny thing is how people called me stupid when I said botters would buy boosts to farm gold and here we are with boostie bots seen far and wide across the land.

I'd be surprised if Blizzard would actually ban boosting in Retail or GDKP in Classic because they make so much money off of it, but I do think both those things are bad for the game.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Too little too late. Might as well keep selling tokens/boosts.

15+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice to see trade free of the constant boosting spam, even though I think it will keep happening.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Too little too late. Might as well keep selling tokens/boosts.
    I made millions with boosting CM, that was quite a few years before the token.

Eh I mean if true (probably isn't) it will still happen

Boosting in wow is like the homeless in the real world...people are more bothered by seeing them then the actual issue