I am super curious what cross-faction raiding is gonna be like

As an Alliance player for many years I’ve never had much of an issue getting groups going (I played in prime time) or finding a mythic raiding guild that matched my times. I also didn’t want to pay the $100+ to transfer my entire suite of characters over, plus I’m just used to everything Alliance side.

But now that I’m working nights and playing off-peak I’ve been struggling to get things going. For example, Tues May 10 at about 5-6 pm pacific there was one really decent run for Jailer going, a couple more listed as progression, and maybe a total of 20 or so runs, many of which were Fresh Sepulchers being led by someone with between 1 and 5 heroic Sepulcher boss kills.

The problem has changed so imperceptibly over they years I may not know what it’s like anymore.

But as someone pointed out in another thread the Hall of Fame is currently 100-9 in favor of Horde so to say things are lopsided is an understatement.

And I also can’t wait to nerd rage when I yell at a Troll Shaman to pop Hero and he doesn’t do it because he’s expecting me to say Bloodlust. ;-)
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Not sure what answer you are looking for.

Cross faction raiding will work either through community guild or friend lists and discord etc, its not gonna work properly cause they refuse to fully merged things, probably hardcoded things otherwise there is no reason not to.

The pugging world wont change much when Alliance PvE pug community is already dead, it will seem like a massive change for the Alliance side to have "so many groups" but for Horde players it wont be any different, yeah, maybe the DPS player will have 50 declines instead of 48.

I do assume at the start of the expansion and the influx of the expansion hoppers the whole thing will be massive, but thats to wait and see how many chances will arise for players like you to find what they want.

Its just gonna be more hectic for the already established guilds cause Players A to D, want to switch to alliance models, and they have to be communicated through a different window, aka communities.

Not sure if this is just a personal blog post or if you are actually asking for opinions, but I think it will only make it slightly easier to get groups going and thats it.

If mythic cross raiding is actually a thing, I can see top2 guilds also using some racials for their benefit.

I'm curious to what extent there are more Horde Heroic Sepulcher runs than Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

I do assume at the start of the expansion
    Cross-faction is 9.2.5 if I'm not mistaken. Is it on the PTR already?
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    As an Alliance player for many years I’ve never had much of an issue getting groups going (I played in prime time) or finding a mythic raiding guild that matched my times. I also didn’t want to pay the $100+ to transfer my entire suite of characters over, plus I’m just used to everything Alliance side.

But now that I’m working nights and playing off-peak I’ve been struggling to get things going. For example, Tues May 10 at about 5-6 pm pacific there was one really decent run for Jailer going, a couple more listed as progression, and maybe a total of 20 or so runs, many of which were Fresh Sepulchers being led by someone with between 1 and 5 heroic Sepulcher boss kills.

The problem has changed so imperceptibly over they years I may not know what it’s like anymore.

But as someone pointed out in another thread the Hall of Fame is currently 100-9 in favor of Horde so to say things are lopsided is an understatement.

And I also can’t wait to nerd rage when I yell at a Troll Shaman to pop Hero and he doesn’t do it because he’s expecting me to say Bloodlust. ;-)
    I hear Hordies say "pop Hero" all the time so I'm sure they'll get the message.

In terms of how it'll work, I imagine it'll be just like it is now... you'll just open the Group Finder and you'll see Horde mixed in with the Alliance. I doubt players will be exceedingly picky about your faction and I'd wager most won't even notice that you're Alliance unless you make a big deal out of it in raid chat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Cross-faction is 9.2.5 if I'm not mistaken. Is it on the PTR already?
    It was announced as a 9.2.5 feature so I'd say yes.

It will be exactly the same, except you'll see some different races in the raid, but with the amount of transform toys, you already do.
    You're not gonna play with players from a different planet lol.

OK legit question.

We live in a world where we choose people based on the highest number and boost recipes?
    Why would I activate cross-faction raiding as Horde?

like from my understanding I'd be just ticking a list to add hundreds of races that are objectively worse from a performance perspective.
    Like, do they swap over to the Horde equivalent of races?

Quote Originally Posted by shane brannigan View Post
    OK legit question.

We live in a world where we choose people based on the highest number and boost recipes?

like from my understanding I'd be just ticking a list to add hundreds of races that are objectively worse from a performance perspective.
    If people cared about races for DPS, Alliance would have more players, since the human racial is pretty strong for a lot of specs.

Or you'd see more mechagnomes.

Besides the fact that racials aren't that big of a gap anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by shane brannigan View Post
    OK legit question.

Racials aren't the reason no one is on Alliance. With a few specific exceptions, Alliance races are pretty much superior across the board.

It's Alliance PLAYERS that tend to be shit, because if you care about doing well in this game you switched to Horde years ago (barring OCE/RUS servers, of course).

Given the absolute flood of applications you usually get for pretty much any standard run, there really isn't much of an upside for Horde to allow Alliance players in; but there is at least a potential downside given that the average Alliance player is worse than the average Horde player.

Sooooo yeah, this is gonna be a dead feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Racials aren't the reason no one is on Alliance. With a few specific exceptions, Alliance races are pretty much superior across the board.

It's Alliance PLAYERS that tend to be shit, because if you care about doing well in this game you switched to Horde years ago (barring OCE/RUS servers, of course).

Given the absolute flood of applications you usually get for pretty much any standard run, there really isn't much of an upside for Horde to allow Alliance players in; but there is at least a potential downside given that the average Alliance player is worse than the average Horde player.
    pugged into some alliance in low keys (15-19) and most of them are completely awful.

honestly cross faction pve feels like taking your little sibling to an event.

Would be fun to see PvP and PvE combo. Not too fun to participate in a losing team though.