Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    It is not surprising that the raiding community and participation is rapidly declining as a whole, not only the hardcore ones.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by conkrete View Post
    All the right changes always come too late, you know when the people are leaving. It's like they're trying to sabotage this entire thing.
    At least this time there's a patch between this and the next expansion.
    If they keep this up we'll get a good expansion start in about 3 expansions.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It's not "not too late" - it's called QoL changes they always make towards the end of the expansion.
    And you still believe in Santa

  4. #24
    Midwinter? They a guild that had a name change? Cause honestly I can't recall that name.

  5. #25
    Stood in the Fire Mazzic518's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    396
    TIL Torghast has different wings

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Midwinter? They a guild that had a name change? Cause honestly I can't recall that name.
    It's a very old raiding guild. They were never at the Paragon/Method/Limit/Echo level but they pushed together for years. No need to be so edgy.

  7. #27
    Oh no, people that have been raiding for a decade have stopped doing so, #deadgame, or maybe they just grew up and either lost the enthusiasm to keep raiding, or life has other plans.

  8. #28
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Absolutely not. Adding just a QoL change at the end of the expansion is nothing new. Time-gating isn't a new concept, so making everything available at the end of the expansion beyond makes sense.
    Just because it’s been done before doesn’t make it good though is the point.

    They try to prevent us from burning out by “rotating” (like the M+ system from the next expansion) but it is just having the opposite effect on a lot of people. Frustration when it’s not up

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    It's a very old raiding guild. They were never at the Paragon/Method/Limit/Echo level but they pushed together for years. No need to be so edgy.
    So they are a guild that wasn’t competing for WF? Why would you know them then… nothing edgy about that.

  9. #29
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Begs the question - why didnt they just have it like this from the start?
    It really doesn't. The game is structured around content not all being available at all times to entice subs for longer periods.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    They paid for the expansion, let them consume the content at their own pace. Doesn't impact me that Johnny Speeder finished every rep the first week. The only reason for time gating is to increase sub duration. Stop pretending it's not.
    I second this

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    It really doesn't. The game is structured around content not all being available at all times to entice subs for longer periods.
    Yeah, and that is a dick move.


  11. #31
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Yeah, and that is a dick move.
    I don't think it is /shrug.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    So they are a guild that wasn’t competing for WF? Why would you know them then… nothing edgy about that.
    Because they were the number one Alliance guild for a long time until they faction changed with BfA I believe?

    They're hardly a nobody guild.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Because they were the number one Alliance guild for a long time until they faction changed with BfA I believe?

    They're hardly a nobody guild.
    We're talking about the WotLK-era of the game -- I doubt most people posting on this forum these days were old enough to read much less play WoW back then. It's a generational thing.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    I want Nightfallen reputation account-wide to complete the Order Hall sets.
    Oh, I would want that so much! I've leveled all classes in Legion because the calls hall mounts were a great incentive but armour sets for transmog, couldn't force myself to do it more than once.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    It's a very old raiding guild. They were never at the Paragon/Method/Limit/Echo level but they pushed together for years. No need to be so edgy.
    well its literaly one of thusand of no-name guilds who are mythic raiding. why would they be special ? i have seen 3 mythic raid guilds collapse just in last tier. yet somehow mmochamp didnt mention them even they were very fun people to raid with

    i literaly care more about +10 that i just did on my fresh rogue alt then about them quiting - because people i meet in that dungeon had impact on how i play game

    them quiting have 0 impact on wow.

  16. #36
    Dreadlord sunxsera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany | Blackmoore-EU
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Midwinter? They a guild that had a name change? Cause honestly I can't recall that name.
    Hey Edgyaedius, they were a top 15 guild since wotlk.
    Hope you get medical help four your young alzheimers-like brain though.

  17. #37
    Brewmaster Nemah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Central US
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    We're talking about the WotLK-era of the game -- I doubt most people posting on this forum these days were old enough to read much less play WoW back then. It's a generational thing.
    It is generational to an extent - I'm older at this point and saw this and felt a little wistful maybe. I don't know anyone in the guild anymore at this point - but I immediately assumed it's ongoing life changes, getting older, less time, etc. Who knows though. I was on Ysera, where they started way back when, and they had a good reputation in addition to being competitive. They were an influential enough guild that when they left the server it created the typical ripple effect of other competitive guilds leaving, and the server essentially died. It never really recovered.

    They were a solid guild with good people that left a mark on the community. It could be argued there are tons of similar guilds, and that's true I'm sure, but they achieved some notoriety by being all around good sports / good people. It doesn't diminish the impact. It would be nice to see more of that era of community around today.

  18. #38
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    7,830
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    well its literaly one of thusand of no-name guilds who are mythic raiding. why would they be special ? i have seen 3 mythic raid guilds collapse just in last tier. yet somehow mmochamp didnt mention them even they were very fun people to raid with

    i literaly care more about +10 that i just did on my fresh rogue alt then about them quiting - because people i meet in that dungeon had impact on how i play game

    them quiting have 0 impact on wow.
    They are, or were, an old guild who have been known by many for near the whole lengthspan of this game.
    I believe you have my stapler...

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    It is generational to an extent - I'm older at this point and saw this and felt a little wistful maybe. I don't know anyone in the guild anymore at this point - but I immediately assumed it's ongoing life changes, getting older, less time, etc. Who knows though. I was on Ysera, where they started way back when, and they had a good reputation in addition to being competitive. They were an influential enough guild that when they left the server it created the typical ripple effect of other competitive guilds leaving, and the server essentially died. It never really recovered.

    They were a solid guild with good people that left a mark on the community. It could be argued there are tons of similar guilds, and that's true I'm sure, but they achieved some notoriety by being all around good sports / good people. It doesn't diminish the impact. It would be nice to see more of that era of community around today.
    I don't know if I'd consider that a good thing. "Old" is a common pejorative in the modern WoW community these days. There's a prevailing wisdom that the older you get the worse you are at video games. (Just look at Riggnaros as an example. That guy had Limit Maximum status in the community back when BL was the best NA guild; he's mostly a living meme these days.)

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    well its literaly one of thusand of no-name guilds who are mythic raiding.

    them quiting have 0 impact on wow.
    No, they are not one of thousands. They were like one of 15-20. Also noone said them leaving have impact on WoW. They are just much more recognizable than "one of thousand no-name" guild.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •