Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Midwinter Stops Raiding, Patch 9.2.5 PTR - All Torghast Wings Available, Hotfixes

    Midwinter Guild Stops Raiding
    After many years of raiding and accomplished results, Midwinter has announced that they've decided to stop raiding.



    Patch 9.2.5 PTR - All Torghast Wings Available
    Patch 9.2.5 brings a neat little change to Torghast, making all six wings be available at the same time. This means that players can complete Flawless Master (Layer 16) in the same week, and can spam Upper Reaches (the shortest Torghast wing) for legendary crafting materials.



    Patch 9.2 Hotfixes - May 11, 2022
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Cyphers of the First Ones

    • Crystallic Spheroids can now be used in other Shadowlands zones outside of Zereth Mortis.

    Dungeons and Raids

    • Sepulcher of the First Ones
      • Prototype Pantheon
        • Resolved an issue where the Prototype of War could incidentally not cast Necrotic Ritual.

    Diablo Immortal Pre-Release Set Item Bonus Changes
    With Diablo Immortal releasing on June 2nd for Mobile & PC, our friends at DiabloFans had a look at the recent changes to set item bonus effects.

    Last edited by Lumy; 2022-05-12 at 09:04 AM.

  2. #2
    All the right changes always come too late, you know when the people are leaving. It's like they're trying to sabotage this entire thing.

  3. #3
    Looking at how the new expansion is shaping out, i am not very keen on resubing or sticking out with the game any longer ..
    After a failed Shadowlands, a lot of people were expecting something out of the ordinary to make up for the loss
    BFA>Shadowlands>Dragonwhatever ... you see the trend ?
    Fingers crossed that WOW hits bottom soon so they wake up

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by conkrete View Post
    All the right changes always come too late, you know when the people are leaving. It's like they're trying to sabotage this entire thing.
    It's not "not too late" - it's called QoL changes they always make towards the end of the expansion.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It's not "not too late" - it's called QoL changes they always make towards the end of the expansion.
    Seem they make them that way. Could have it from the start.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Seem they make them that way. Could have it from the start.
    Absolutely not. Adding just a QoL change at the end of the expansion is nothing new. Time-gating isn't a new concept, so making everything available at the end of the expansion beyond makes sense.

  7. #7
    Next hotfix please: Cosmic Flux and Sandworn Relics accountbound

  8. #8
    I want Nightfallen reputation account-wide to complete the Order Hall sets.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Next hotfix please: Cosmic Flux and Sandworn Relics accountbound
    One can only hope. And sending a box with unranked PvP conquest gear to your alts like in season 2.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It's not "not too late" - it's called QoL changes they always make towards the end of the expansion.
    Begs the question - why didnt they just have it like this from the start? Makes no sense waiting this long to do it.

  10. #10
    Midwinter Guild who?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by pupu View Post
    Looking at how the new expansion is shaping out, i am not very keen on resubing or sticking out with the game any longer ..
    After a failed Shadowlands, a lot of people were expecting something out of the ordinary to make up for the loss
    BFA>Shadowlands>Dragonwhatever ... you see the trend ?
    Fingers crossed that WOW hits bottom soon so they wake up
    If you decide you're gonna hate you, you will hate it. So it's probably for the best for you not to resub.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Next hotfix please: Cosmic Flux and Sandworn Relics accountbound
    I've already spent all my relics, because they were taking up 7 slots already in my bags. Sadness.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Begs the question - why didnt they just have it like this from the start? Makes no sense waiting this long to do it.
    So you don't feel "forced" to run all wings in one week I think.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    So you don't feel "forced" to run all wings in one week I think.
    Just put a cap on the amount of earned currency. Problem solved and everybody can play their most favorite wing.

  13. #13
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    Midwinter Guild who?
    Must be new if you don't know Midwinter.

  14. #14
    makes sense that they unlocked all the wings in torghast in the last patch. nice blizz...

  15. #15
    Immortal Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Forsaken Lands of Sweden
    Posts
    7,308
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Absolutely not. Adding just a QoL change at the end of the expansion is nothing new. Time-gating isn't a new concept, so making everything available at the end of the expansion beyond makes sense.
    Just because it is not something new doesn't change that it is a really bad habit. Most people already quit the game long before an expansion gets these changes implemented and the improvements done by the end of the expansions have become so egregious that it is driving people away.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Begs the question - why didnt they just have it like this from the start? Makes no sense waiting this long to do it.
    So you don't eat all the content at once. Time-gating is a pain, but there are people that will literally burn through the entire expansion in a week or two and then say "Well, guess I finished all the content, what a boring expansion."

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    So you don't eat all the content at once. Time-gating is a pain, but there are people that will literally burn through the entire expansion in a week or two and then say "Well, guess I finished all the content, what a boring expansion."
    They paid for the expansion, let them consume the content at their own pace. Doesn't impact me that Johnny Speeder finished every rep the first week. The only reason for time gating is to increase sub duration. Stop pretending it's not.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    So you don't eat all the content at once. Time-gating is a pain, but there are people that will literally burn through the entire expansion in a week or two and then say "Well, guess I finished all the content, what a boring expansion."
    Let them.

    For a long time I shared your view, that timegating was at least in part necessary to prevent player burnout. But now I think so what. Players who would nolife a patch and let's say grind out Zereth Mortis in one 72 hour session to get 6/6 on the console and all achievements done... just let them. If they unsub because they are "finished" at least they unsub with a smile on their face from achieving all they wanted to achieve in the time they themselves thought was right. They'll be back next patch eager to nolife it again and play something else in the meanwhile.

    All heavy timegating does is making those players lose the smile. They frown every day when they want to grind more and can't. They frown when they feel the need to not miss a day to not fall behind since you have to do your 3 world quests every day, instead of maybe 6 on one day and cinema the next.

    Real player power like rank 7 and second legendaries can still be tied to the weekly campaign quests so everyone is on the same level. But if someone wants to kill all the rares a dozen times to get exalted in a weekend... just let them ffs.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Just put a cap on the amount of earned currency. Problem solved and everybody can play their most favorite wing.
    Then you get the crying about time gating.

  20. #20
    Old God Swizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    10,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Then you get the crying about time gating.
    Yes because Blizzard didn't time gate ALREADY.
    BfA Beta Time

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •