Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Just put a cap on the amount of earned currency. Problem solved and everybody can play their most favorite wing.
    People would have just run Upper Reaches, because it's the shortest, and because running Torg is an obligation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    It's a very old raiding guild. They were never at the Paragon/Method/Limit/Echo level but they pushed together for years. No need to be so edgy.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    Hey Edgyaedius, they were a top 15 guild since wotlk.
    Hope you get medical help four your young alzheimers-like brain though.

Er, it was a genuine question because all MMO-C ever mentions is Method/Paragon/Limit... no need to be dicks about it with your comments.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2022-05-13 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    So you don't eat all the content at once. Time-gating is a pain, but there are people that will literally burn through the entire expansion in a week or two and then say "Well, guess I finished all the content, what a boring expansion."
    Those people will do that no matter what. If Blizzard put out 30 dungeons at launch, there would still be people out there complaining about nothing to do.

I detest Torghast with passion, but I will admit its much better now than it at launch of SL and a year on. But the damage is done and I wont ever go there again.

It makes no sense for Blizzard to withhold a good feature just because certain people cant control themself.

Its something akin to IE in BfA. People ran IE every week until theyre eyes bled cause it gave AP. You didnt really need to, but people did. Then blamed Blizzard for a shit feature, were the same players had ran in a billion times over.

The result? It was removed and never buildt upon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    It really doesn't. The game is structured around content not all being available at all times to entice subs for longer periods.
    Sure, thats probably the reason. Its a horrid reason, but most likely the plausible one. Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by catseye543 View Post
    People would have just run Upper Reaches, because it's the shortest, and because running Torg is an obligation.
    I don't think so. Upper reaches is also the most boring one by far.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Er, it was a genuine question because all MMO-C ever mentions is Method/Paragon/Limit... no need to be dicks about it with your comments.
    Welcome to MMO-C
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

Quote Originally Posted by Phob View Post
    Must be new if you don't know Midwinter.
    Been playing since six months into vanilla. This is the first time I've ever heard of this guild.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by druvirus View Post
    Been playing since six months into vanilla. This is the first time I've ever heard of this guild.
    Then you must have not been paying attention to anything US in MoP/WoD time then.

US 2nd/World 5th Heroic Garrosh Hellscream
    US 2nd/World 3rd Heroic Siegecrafter Blackfuse
    US 2nd/World 4th Heroic Ra-den
    US 2nd/World 5th Heroic Lei Shen

US 4th/World 24th Mythic Archimonde
    US 1st/World 3rd Mythic Blackhand
    US 1st/World 3rd Mythic Blast Furnace
    World 1st Mythic Iron Maidens
    US 4th/World 20th Mythic Imperator Mar'gok
    Last edited by Phob; 2022-05-13 at 08:17 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    "Putting this shit on tournament realms" would have had absolutely no impact on whether this guild disbanded. You used this guild disbanding as a reason to pivot into some weird ass tangent about how you think the game should be designed. I promise you nobody in this guild gives the faintest fuck about any of the off-topic word salad you tossed up and there is a lower than 0% chance Blizzard moves the RWF to tournament realms.
    Do you even hear how ridiculous you sound, neither of us speaks for the guild, neither of us know what devs will do in the future, woe is me to suggest an improvement to the game, only for you to act like you know better and act like i'm the weird ass here?
    What a troll you are. Should've left you on ignore.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I'm not sure but this is the wow community.

If there's no cap, people will act with no self control and cry how they're FORCED to be on 24/7 otherwise they fall behind
    If there's a cap people (and many are the same people so it's not "Different people") will cry about how they're being time gated. It doesn't matter what kind of gate they'll bitch.

Now there needs to be a solution that pleases both groups equally.
    while that was an issue years ago when there was an actual playerbase to worry about that participated in end game content to a meaningful degree, the fact that the playerbase is on a life support machine right now with blizz sucking up every last drop of cash they can from the borderline corpse of a game means that this is so not an issue right now, and if people want to blitz through it then so be it, blizz really don't have the luxury anymore of being so nitpicky with their systems bullshit that they can afford anymore player drop off.

again, there's not enough players in the player pool that these types of systems work on for any of the old issues to really matter, and it's been made blatantly obvious to blizzard at this point that having forced time gates in order to drip feed content and keep people 'always online' for metrics hasn't worked either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    WoW is a subscription game, keeping you playing is literally the business model. And players will consume content faster then a studio can produce it, so time gating is a natural thing to do to keep people subscribed.

- - - Updated - - -
    How about making a game people WANT to keep playing?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it is /shrug.
    People these days have no standards, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    How about making a game people WANT to keep playing?
    That takes effort, plus I did actually mention it. There is no dev team that can push out (quality) content faster then players consume that shit.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    People these days have no standards, that's all.
    Sorry I have patience and don't burn through everything in the first week?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Do you even hear how ridiculous you sound, neither of us speaks for the guild, neither of us know what devs will do in the future, woe is me to suggest an improvement to the game, only for you to act like you know better and act like i'm the weird ass here?
    What a troll you are. Should've left you on ignore.
    An improvement to the game that impacts .0000000001% of the raiding population and fucks over everybody else for no reason? Cool. Keep me on ignore if you dislike your terrible suggestions being shot down.

Quote Originally Posted by druvirus View Post
    grats on living under a rock i guess

the requirement to be a world competing guild is insane right now and pretty much every raider involved has come to make a similar comment
    back in WoD you had your basic runs and splits with WF and tertiary stats as a benefit
    MoP you just had thunderforged and warforged
    legion you had the legendary farm plus AP plus TF
    BfA you had AP grind plus Azerite gear plus TF/corruption plus 2 chests per week
    SL you have too much garbage which has slowly been made better but is still a bit of a grind

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    That takes effort, plus I did actually mention it. There is no dev team that can push out (quality) content faster then players consume that shit.
    How about not removing past content from the game then. Like cloak questchain, ring questchain etc, troves of the Thunder King, to name a few.
    Increase replayablity.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I have patience and don't burn through everything in the first week?
    What has that got to do with anything.

What's the point in continuing if you can't follow the discussion?