Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    If enough people right-clicked reported you, you deserved it. It's that simple.
    No, this is a system that can be abused given enough people use it. Just like the dungeon vote kick, you don't have to do anything wrong as long as a group of people agree on screwing you over.

  2. #22
    Scarab Lord Razorice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Over there --->
    Posts
    4,440
    I'll accept, but I won't follow.

  3. #23
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    CPH, Denmark.
    Posts
    361
    Not allowed to call players bad? Thats so spastic. There are many bad players especially in pugs, should be able to tell them they are.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Neotart View Post
    I've been playing this game for a very long time now since before wrath to say the least and I've never been muted or banned or temporarily suspended until the last few months.

    from looking up online I'm not the only one, from what I can gather people are report happy and will report you just for having a different opinion. What happened to just ignoring the player?, that has been Blizzard's policy since the inception of the game?

    A few weeks ago I was met with a 7-Day silence with no explanation from blizzard and a denied appeal.
    And last week I was met with a 7-Day suspension again no explanation other than some type of chat violation with no details other than that, again a ticket was made and closed without explanation, I don't know if someone is specifically targeting me but my new policy is just not to say anything about anything in public chat or I fear I could get banned permanently at this point.

    As far as I can tell I'm not being toxic the conversations I have are pretty rated G other than calling the occasional player stupid for stupid reasons, I don't think personally that should warrant a silence or temporary suspension.

    Just be careful out there who you might offend.
    anything you say that can be considered mean or rude or even remotely negative like "your DPS is bad" is a valid to report a person
    this can also include having a different opinion to another person

    GM's will not review what is reported they will use a history scan for your account and see how often the words like "suck" or any other kind of negative word show up even if its in private messages between friends

    the GM console will display how many times you have used a negative word in the last week and this will be used to uphold your ban like "Simp" in the last week

    Context is not used at all... this is used to justify your ban

    the bans are handed out without any review and the appeals are done without context being involved its a "Feelings" based system

    it takes 10 people to report someone before they are instantly banned
    reports from members of the same guild may of been nerfed so report from Alts in different guilds or Alts not currently in a guild if you want to get somebody banned

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    Not allowed to call players bad? Thats so spastic. There are many bad players especially in pugs, should be able to tell them they are.
    anything remotely mean or negative is a valid reason for players to use the in game report system that applies bans to your account without GM review

    its a feelings base system you will not be punished for grouping up and getting people banned

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    LOL. What?!?! You call people stupid and then get emo for your account being sanctioned?

    And people wonder why these "Social Contracts" are needed.

    I talk all the time in all chat channels, for years now, and I've never got anything. The report system works. If enough people right-clicked reported you, you deserved it. It's that simple.
    if you play for 1 hour and piss off 9 people that end up reporting you no ban will be applied to your account

    if you play for 10 hours and piss of 10 people you a ban will be applied to your account


    who is worse? a player who plays for 10 hours and pisses off 1 player per hour or a player who pisses off 9 players in 1 hour

    the window is 24 hours if you reach 10 reports within 24 hours a ban is going to be applied to your account

    people who talk more even if they are not any worse are more likely to get banned
    people on more popular servers are more likely to get banned
    people who are known by more players are more likely to get banned

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    LOL. What?!?! You call people stupid and then get emo for your account being sanctioned?

    And people wonder why these "Social Contracts" are needed.

    I talk all the time in all chat channels, for years now, and I've never got anything. The report system works. If enough people right-clicked reported you, you deserved it. It's that simple.
    watch this video
    can you point out what i did to deserve a instant ban

    context i was grinding honour in classic and in direct competition with other players on the server

    it is unknown who the 10 players that reported me are in this raid so this video is not naming anyone + its years old
    10 reports = instant ban without GM review (people need to be in different guilds or you will need more reports)
    you can organize a 11th person in your discord to provoke the person you want banned then report for literary no real reason... anything that can be considered "toxic" is a valid reason for the ban to stay on the account and will not be removed
    https://youtu.be/OcSiCgFDYhY

  5. #25
    I go by simple rule of 'dont be a dick', but people need to be told they're bad. If nobody told me I'm bad then I wouldn't try to improve myself and I'd still think I'm mythic-level player when in fact I'm far from it. But then again, my realm speaks long non-supported language so it's virtually impossible for blizzard to issue any bans because even if they tried to work with translator, the sentences would either make little to no sense or were taken waaay out of context.

    to;dr: accept, don't care, grow thicker skin

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    Not allowed to call players bad? T
    The context matters here, they aren't saying you have to stop calling players bad at the game ... the word 'ability' relates to offensive comments about their condition. For example my autism has a side effect that doesn't allow me to do certain boss mechanics, they aren't stopping you telling me I am not good enough to do a raid, rather they are saying not to call me a retard for being autistic.

    Due to COVID-19, Germany is running out of sausages and cheese.
    The government considers this to be the Wurst Käse scenario

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxacorico View Post
    I go by simple rule of 'dont be a dick', but people need to be told they're bad. If nobody told me I'm bad then I wouldn't try to improve myself and I'd still think I'm mythic-level player when in fact I'm far from it. But then again, my realm speaks long non-supported language so it's virtually impossible for blizzard to issue any bans because even if they tried to work with translator, the sentences would either make little to no sense or were taken waaay out of context.

    to;dr: accept, don't care, grow thicker skin
    telling people they are bad is a valid reason for a ban under Blizzards current policies

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The context matters here, they aren't saying you have to stop calling players bad at the game ... the word 'ability' relates to offensive comments about their condition. For example my autism has a side effect that doesn't allow me to do certain boss mechanics, they aren't stopping you telling me I am not good enough to do a raid, rather they are saying not to call me a retard for being autistic.
    Context doesn't matter this is a feelings based system
    the bans are automatic without review
    10 reports = instant ban without GM review (people need to be in different guilds or you will need more reports)
    you can organize a 11th person in your discord to provoke the person you want banned then report for literary no real reason... anything that can be considered "toxic" is a valid reason for the ban to stay on the account and will not be removed
    https://youtu.be/OcSiCgFDYhY

  8. #28
    I'm not clicking accept and i won't continue my sub or buy dragonflight.

    I'm not gonna spend money on a game where if someone finds what i say remotely offensive that i can be banned and lose the hundreds of days played and thousands of dollars invested.

    This agreement is far too ambiguous, and the people enforcing, if it's actual humans, can act far too arbitrary in their decisions. If it's an algorithm or report system where if any message can be mass reported then that's even worse.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    telling people they are bad is a valid reason for a ban under Blizzards current policies

    - - - Updated - - -



    Context doesn't matter this is a feelings based system
    the bans are automatic without review
    WoW is basically a daycare for kids now. One small step out of line, go sit in the corner. They need to design the game with a positive player experience in mind to make social interactions better, but they won't; because that takes longer and costs too much. They continue dumbing down of the game to appeal to the lowest common denominator, and people wonder why the community is the way it is. Vanilla was great, it was a diverse experience; however, over the years game systems put into place fractured the playerbase multiple times, which leave us to there here and now.

    Sure you had your occasional bad human, but for the most part the playing field was fairly level; fast forward to SL, you have 20 different versions of the same item; noone talks about how much stress that puts on the player to min/max... It's too much, and it fosters frustration and a high degree of fanaticism...

    Bad game design has eroded this games sense of community.

  10. #30
    Great. Now I won't talk in-game at all except Guild and Whispers. People are far too report-happy, and Blizzard doesn't have a system in place to ensure it isn't being abused.

    I had a GM who was reported for advertising our guild in Trade Chat, and his chat privileges were taken away because people reported him. They were players from a guild we broke off from who didn't like that we formed a new guild. We only found out it was them because they were bragging about it after they learned our GM couldn't say anything in chat. Of course, Blizzard didn't do anything about it.

    Before they start implementing systems like this, they need to have a system in place to ensure it's working properly and not being abused. Since there's no way to avoid the abuse, they need a reliable way to overturn those who were wrongfully reported. It can't be a system that just checks their chat for certain words, as someone said it current is, but one where the GM can look at what message has been reported. I would think that's a common sense way of checking things out during an appeal request, but we all know Blizzard doesn't have common sense.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I'll accept, but I won't follow.
    Weird way of saying "I know I harass people and am willing to get banned for it".

  12. #32
    Herald of the Titans Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,607
    This will make people even more toxic out of spite.

  13. #33
    The issue with policing modern day WoW is that too much stuff is handled by exploitable automated systems, it doesn't have nearly as much of a human element as say, FFXIV where every report that gets as far as requiring action does get a live GM handling (it does open the door for MIShandling, but it's still better than a robot), or Black Desert Online where I watched a GM literally drag an RP griefer into the wilderness (the game has always-on PvP with penalties for ganking unflagged players), PK him for 30 minutes and ban him until he wrote an essay on why Roleplay was healthy for a game and posted it on the forums. Basically, they need more Game Masters handling reports in real time, and that doesn't seem like something Blizzard would be likely to do at the moment.

    I'm all for curbing things like racist, ablest or homo/transphobic rhetoric, but I don't trust the current report system with that kind of power for any kind of toxicity crackdown.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2022-05-13 at 01:23 PM.

  14. #34
    Stood in the Fire GUZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    215
    Posts
    398
    Damn this shit is annoying cuz people just now auto report you for saying hello saying they were harassed. They really need to punish people who abuse this feature.

  15. #35
    Let's see if this crackdown on WoW toxicity works cause it sure as hell is needed. The toxicity in WoW is wayyyyyyyyyyyy out of control. You got bastards who log on and just cause their girl gave them no cookies and milk they come into the game and go off on different players cause their angry. Let's see what happens.

  16. #36
    This is okay, now instead of 5 pug groups per year, we just have to make that to 0 to be safe from some weirdo that reports you for anything.

  17. #37
    Wait I can't be a complete asshole and not face any consequences? Stupid woke blizzard with their basic expectations of decent behavior.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Neotart View Post
    I've been playing this game for a very long time now since before wrath to say the least and I've never been muted or banned or temporarily suspended until the last few months.

    from looking up online I'm not the only one, from what I can gather people are report happy and will report you just for having a different opinion. What happened to just ignoring the player?, that has been Blizzard's policy since the inception of the game?

    A few weeks ago I was met with a 7-Day silence with no explanation from blizzard and a denied appeal.
    And last week I was met with a 7-Day suspension again no explanation other than some type of chat violation with no details other than that, again a ticket was made and closed without explanation, I don't know if someone is specifically targeting me but my new policy is just not to say anything about anything in public chat or I fear I could get banned permanently at this point.

    As far as I can tell I'm not being toxic the conversations I have are pretty rated G other than calling the occasional player stupid for stupid reasons, I don't think personally that should warrant a silence or temporary suspension.

    Just be careful out there who you might offend.
    The woke are out there looking to be offended so they can deplatform you. Notice the language in the new "social contract". It's politics. That's why all this new policing is going about. They won't police themselves when it comes to "hate speech" but they WILL police you. And simply disagreeing with them is considered hate speech to them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    "Do your best" does not equal to you must.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Is it? Is it stupid in Final Fantasy as well, where abusers get banned? Doing an M+ for example is extremely toxic for any new player atm.
    When did people get so soft and weak? It's called "/ignore
    I'd say that players who call mythic+ toxic tend to be the bad players that ruin the timer because they have no clue what they are doing...but expected 4 other people to carry them.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    I'm a guy that this really doesnt affect at all since I pretty much never do or say anything offensive in game.
    And if people bother me with toxic stuff i just /ignore them and move on.

    But such a "social contract" makes my toes curl up for the extreme tiptoeing it promotes. Something that seems more and more prevelant in today's society.

    I'm all for pusnishing some of the extreme toxic people for things like racism etc, but these days it seems that if you look at someone funny they might get emotionally scarred for the rest of their lives or something.
    I mean common, grow at least a modicum of spine will ya... Who cares if some random twat on the internet doesnt think you're the coolest person ever. Ignore them and move on.
    But why should you have to do that? What is this "grow a spine"? How about people grow some restraint instead of people having to stand for crap? You come and play a game to relax and have fun, so how about all ppl do the same instead of being, as you put it, "twats"? Wouldn't that he the better approach?
    We get ppl like that because they are allowed to be like that. Because you're telling them it's ok to be like that and those who aren't ok with it should "grow a spine". Til what end? What is ok as an abuse or insult and where is the limit? How about we don't tell ppl to accept shit and instead tell ppl to stop saying shit. There is NO reason to allow and accept anything, this game is 12+, everyone should be old enough to understand that insulting others is not something ok.

  20. #40
    Sure they might ban an angry drunk or two but the most intellectual toxic people will break these rules because their meta is way more deceptive than the rules understand.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •