Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Its funny how difficult this is for so many people to abide by, came here expecting the responses in this thread and you guys didn't disappoint (thats not a compliment)

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    When did people get so soft and weak? It's called "/ignore
    I'd say that players who call mythic+ toxic tend to be the bad players that ruin the timer because they have no clue what they are doing...but expected 4 other people to carry them.
    Then take your own advice. They ruin your key, ignore them and move on. You don't have the change anything about how you act and you can spout whatever you feel, but they can't feel insulted and should just take it? Learn some restraint too. It's a game, it's not like your life depends on it that you can't stop feeling anger and insult them...
    If you expect ppl to stop being soft and weak and learn to take insults, then you can expect ppl to not be mean and dish insults. And the latter by far makes for a better experience for everyone.

Some cultures have negative views on women imbedded in their religion and societies. So if someone in games says negative things about women in the trade chat and I defend them will I get banned for harassing someone based on their culture or religion?

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    Some cultures have negative views on women imbedded in their religion and societies. So if someone in games says negative things about women in the trade chat and I defend them will I get banned for harassing someone based on their culture or religion?
    Make a second account, say what you want to say and get that account banned and not fucking care

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    Not allowed to call players bad? Thats so spastic. There are many bad players especially in pugs, should be able to tell them they are.
    Leave in game chat, only talk in Discord
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    This social contract is a belated April Fool's joke, isn't it? This is so abnormally stupid.
    Everything in the contract has been in the tos foe the last 18+ years. They are just making sure people are reading it and understanding it. They have not changed anything, it has always been in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I'll accept, but I won't follow.
    You do know that literally 100% of what is in the contract has been in the TOS for the last 18+ years. They are just making sure you understand what you sign uo for when you bought the game.

They are enforcing the rules that have been in place for almost 2 decades.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    LOL. What?!?! You call people stupid and then get emo for your account being sanctioned?

And people wonder why these "Social Contracts" are needed.

I talk all the time in all chat channels, for years now, and I've never got anything. The report system works. If enough people right-clicked reported you, you deserved it. It's that simple.
    Unfortunately, this logic is the essential logic of mob rule. If enough people yell loudly, it must be true. It has created an atmosphere of repression in the game where people simply no longer talk.

I say it all the time. I would rather play with baddies than a toxic good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I'm not clicking accept and i won't continue my sub or buy dragonflight.

I'm not gonna spend money on a game where if someone finds what i say remotely offensive that i can be banned and lose the hundreds of days played and thousands of dollars invested.

This agreement is far too ambiguous, and the people enforcing, if it's actual humans, can act far too arbitrary in their decisions. If it's an algorithm or report system where if any message can be mass reported then that's even worse.
    Lmao ok.

You do know that every single thing in the contract is aleady 100% in the TOS and has been for nearly 2 decades. You already agreed to them the moment you bought wow. They are just enforcing it more now. Try not to hurt your brain to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Lmao ok.

You do know that every single thing in the contract is aleady 100% in the TOS and has been for nearly 2 decades. You already agreed to them the moment you bought wow. They are just enforcing it more now. Try not to hurt your brain to much.
    I would wait to see proof of them enforcing it more before claiming that I've seen this song and dance before...

The whole group thing seems rather absurd and impossible to enforce. Trying to hold people hostage from not wanting to stick to failed groups either can't be enforced or will kill off pugging.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I would wait to see proof of them enforcing it more before claiming that I've seen this song and dance before...

The whole group thing seems rather absurd and impossible to enforce. Trying to hold people hostage from not wanting to stick to failed groups either can't be enforced or will kill off pugging.
    I was talking about putting the contract in peoples faces so they actually understand what is in the TOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I was talking about putting the contract in peoples faces so they actually understand what is in the TOS.
    I mean who cares?

The ToS doesn't matter when you get down to it. Any online service starts from the point of view they can ban you for anything. The stated tos is a vague guideline at best and is often ignored.

I recall being temp banned from the offical forums. Not for breaking tos or insulting anyone but by pointing out an embarrassing mistake the wow marketing team did.

( It was back when they spotlighted community guilds. The guild they picked was a rivial one and the picture they used was one of the GM flipping blizzard off holding a replica ashbringer. The gm simply cropped his hand giving the bird for the photo. )

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    LOL. What?!?! You call people stupid and then get emo for your account being sanctioned?

And people wonder why these "Social Contracts" are needed.

I talk all the time in all chat channels, for years now, and I've never got anything. The report system works. If enough people right-clicked reported you, you deserved it. It's that simple.
    Hold up, i called people stupid, not retarded, and if thats the worse thag ive said, then no way i should of been banned for it, soyboy

Im saying the samething, ive been talking in channels just fine for well over 12 years, nothing ever has been done on my account.
    Last edited by Neotart; 2022-05-13 at 03:12 PM.

Hmm... On the whole I like the fact that Blizzard is (seemingly) trying to curb toxic behavior. My only concern is how vague this wording is, especially regarding terms like identity, ability, and disruptive behaviors. Those could easily be molded to fit the perception of a less than mentally healthy individual and used to cause a ban that may not have been justified.

This is all assuming that Blizzard actually enforces their ToS which is a totally different conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Make a second account, say what you want to say and get that account banned and not fucking care

- - - Updated - - -

Leave in game chat, only talk in Discord
    No joke, this is what its coming to, if someone has a different opinion than you, they can simply report, and have others report you, and there's nothing anyone can do about it, the safest option is to have no conversations at all. God forbid you do LFR and tanks don't know fight and they expect everyone that does to sit there and explaining it for 20mins, meanwhile you argue they should watch a 5min utube vid about it and then you get kicked out of LFR, and days later have an account silence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    Hmm... On the whole I like the fact that Blizzard is (seemingly) trying to curb toxic behavior. My only concern is how vague this wording is, especially regarding terms like identity, ability, and disruptive behaviors. Those could easily be molded to fit the perception of a less than mentally healthy individual and used to cause a ban that may not have been justified.

This is all assuming that Blizzard actually enforces their ToS which is a totally different conversation.
    Blizzard is already banning people with no justice, they could careless if it was justified....

7+ Year Old Account

I'm not gonna spend money on a game where if someone finds what i say remotely offensive that i can be banned and lose the hundreds of days played and thousands of dollars invested.

This agreement is far too ambiguous, and the people enforcing, if it's actual humans, can act far too arbitrary in their decisions. If it's an algorithm or report system where if any message can be mass reported then that's even worse.
    Thank you - I doubt we will miss you on Azeroth!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Its already abused, and will be more so after this....banned for a week for basically telling someone in LFR to lookup the fights before joining instead of making everyone sit there while no one explains and 1 tank keeps pulling and we get 10 stacks....with no one kicking anyone.. lol its a bad joke

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post

"toxic" behaviour has no definition

if you think someone is "bad" its ok to use the report system and get them banned

when you are banned Blizzard will not tell you why you are banned

anything that can be deemed "unnecessary" can also be classified as spam in the #@%^ed up culture they are using to run their game now
    one of the GM's said i should act like i was in witness protection to avoid getting falsely reported by other players

10 reports = instant ban without GM review (people need to be in different guilds or you will need more reports)
    you can organize a 11th person in your discord to provoke the person you want banned then report for literary no real reason... anything that can be considered "toxic" is a valid reason for the ban to stay on the account and will not be removed
    https://youtu.be/OcSiCgFDYhY

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    "toxic" behaviour has no definition

if you think someone is "bad" its ok to use the report system and get them banned

when you are banned Blizzard will not tell you why you are banned

anything that can be deemed "unnecessary" can also be classified as spam in the #@%^ed up culture they are using to run their game now
    one of the GM's said i should act like i was in witness protection to avoid getting falsely reported by other players

Such BULLSHIT... so again people this isnt about being a bad or toxic player.. you will all see that soon enough.

Maybe they shouldn't have fired all those GMs if they wanted people to behave. Nobody will stop being an asshole just because you made them pinky swear to be a good boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I mean who cares?

The ToS doesn't matter when you get down to it. Any online service starts from the point of view they can ban you for anything. The stated tos is a vague guideline at best and is often ignored.

I recall being temp banned from the offical forums. Not for breaking tos or insulting anyone but by pointing out an embarrassing mistake the wow marketing team did.

( It was back when they spotlighted community guilds. The guild they picked was a rivial one and the picture they used was one of the GM flipping blizzard off holding a replica ashbringer. The gm simply cropped his hand giving the bird for the photo. )
    Umm the TOS are a binding contract in the eyes of the law and a big enough offense can lead to prosecution if needed.

It's why those people who we found after DDoSing blizzard in 2020 were sent to 5 years jail time.