Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    When did people get so soft and weak? It's called "/ignore
    I'd say that players who call mythic+ toxic tend to be the bad players that ruin the timer because they have no clue what they are doing...but expected 4 other people to carry them.
    I don't know if I've been massively unlucky or something, but I just seem to find these people quite frequently in WoW.. And my experience is completely the opposite. The loudest people seem to be the ones who never learn, because it's someone else's fault that they fucked up.

I don't mind new players that eventually get carried in M+. After a few weeks we have enough gear to 4 man 15s within the timer.

But it's not like I think this will change anything. They'd have to enforce it, but they rely solely on reporting to sort out these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    Do this new New Social Contract mean you cant call people ''Noob'' ''bad'' etc anymore? I mean being overly nice especially on the internet is just... So now you must just pretend to be overly nice now...
    All of this has LITERALLY been part of the TOS since the beginning of WoW. This "contract" is just them reminding you of it. Again; you have agreed to all this REPEATEDLY over the years, it's all part of the TOS that has always existed. They are not saying "YOU MUST SAY HI OR BE BANNED!"; they are giving examples of how to act like a human while you once again agree to TOS rules that-have-always-existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Umm the TOS are a binding contract in the eyes of the law and a big enough offense can lead to prosecution if needed.

It's why those people who we found after DDoSing blizzard in 2020 were sent to 5 years jail time.
    DoS rarely hold up in court. You are conflating different things.

Log on:

Popup:

Tldr:

Accept:

Accept:

play the game:

This contract is not going to change anything with player behavior

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Wait I can't be a complete asshole and not face any consequences? Stupid woke blizzard with their basic expectations of decent behavior.
    Clearly u dont get it, even nice people are getting week long suspensions......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    All of this has LITERALLY been part of the TOS since the beginning of WoW. This "contract" is just them reminding you of it. Again; you have agreed to all this REPEATEDLY over the years, it's all part of the TOS that has always existed. They are not saying "YOU MUST SAY HI OR BE BANNED!"; they are giving examples of how to act like a human while you once again agree to TOS rules that-have-always-existed.
    Another person who doesn't get it.

This has nothing to do with TOS, it's a power play, and quite weird one to be honest. Bliizard is making a solid move to what appears to be a complete suppression of its playerbase.

There has never been any issues in the game to the point where social contract (also this aggressive) was completely necessary. This is a total paradigm shift that mask itself quite innocently. Just read between lines without any Blizzard fanboy tattoos stamped on your face.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    This has nothing to do with TOS, it's a power play, and quite weird one to be honest. Bliizard is making a solid move to what appears to be a complete suppression of its playerbase.

There has never been any issues in the game to the point where social contract (also this aggressive) was completely necessary. This is a total paradigm shift that mask itself quite innocently. Just read between lines without any Blizzard fanboy tattoos stamped on your face.
    100% this^

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Game has moved to Discord ages ago anyway.

The only thing this changes is that now we just won't communicate with randoms at all.

or. as with anything mainstream, normal societal expectations start to form.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't they have this on THEIR contract too??
    I mean, I bet this will fix all their sexual harassment and behavioral problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Neotart View Post
    100% this^
    This is what you get when you allow full fledged Twitter Mob to run your company for you. Yet preaching War in Warcraft seems normal to them. You can't have a conflict in games without any extra banter on top of it. Taking inspiration from Peppa Pig cartoons while you sip your morning coffee isn't ideal.

Well, there goes my human supremacist RP character.

So you either accept or you are forced to exit the game, okay fair enough.
    This might be legal in the US but in the EU I honestly doubt it. If a person buys the game and a sub and then gets this message after they (Blizz) are screwed.
    A few years ago a subscriber got banned and he objected and went legal and Blizz was forced to let that person play for the rest of his subscription time that he was due.
    That leaves us the question is this even legal in the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    "toxic" behaviour has no definition

if you think someone is "bad" its ok to use the report system and get them banned

when you are banned Blizzard will not tell you why you are banned

anything that can be deemed "unnecessary" can also be classified as spam in the #@%^ed up culture they are using to run their game now
    one of the GM's said i should act like i was in witness protection to avoid getting falsely reported by other players

So you spammed /yell and got banned for it? Cry more dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    So you spammed /yell and got banned for it? Cry more dude.
    That's not really the point, the point is, /ignore works

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like monks would get a lot less harassment their way if they didn't walk up to named quest-npcs and oneshot them with touch of death while others are waiting for the spawn too.

This is starting to become borderline Orwellian, theres stopping toxic behaviour because of generally shitty humanbeings then theres being so bloody paranoid people might just be toxic that you take the precaution to make them sign a clause that, in irony, most toxic people wont even bother to read and just press accept ignoring it anyway.

This is beyond inefficent and stupid to even add in the first place.

What they SHOULD do, and should have done YEARS ago, is improove the /ignore function to work on entire accounts if you dont like someone, and possibly blacklist you and them from queing together in LFR/LFG and PvP matches.

THAT, is what they should have done with it, far more effective, far less tedious and far less likley to promote very toxic behaviour like abusing the mass report button, something I LITERALLY SAW abused in my old server by sociopathic maniacs trying to run the entire server like an army of degenerate madmen.

This is literally the reason I left for FFXIV, all I can say is, its giving me very little reason to want to come back.

An additional point: I guarentee you that if you think this will stop toxic behaviour it will only make it worse.

You'll replace one kind of toxic with another, people will police other people and use the report functions to abusive effect, which ive seen done back on my old server and it will get worse when guilds amass large player groups to censor anyone that disagrees with their view, which... by the way?

Will likley be used by the very people this system is supposed to work against, its very easy to bait someone into saying one gamer word or doing something stupid and then getting them banned for it.
    Last edited by CaptainV; 2022-05-14 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Everything in the contract has been in the tos foe the last 18+ years. They are just making sure people are reading it and understanding it. They have not changed anything, it has always been in the game.
    I think is very accurate - and, more, they might have to have this in place as part of their agreement with the Feds on the lawsuit they settled - this creates a legal line between them as host, and players who cross lines in chat, and shows a commitment to change the culture inside the company, and their games. With the weight of the current lawsuit over them in CA, I would expect more of this for them.

As for the uproar over it - I doubt anyone expected less. WoW isn't the only game community with a toxic element to it, or even the worst, but they're up there near the top of the list, WoW has been known for it forever. WoW has had a rep for hosting a lot of toxic, mouthy buttnuggets since vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you figure this out with geometric logic, while fondling ball bearings?

So does Right click -> Report for spam, what's your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

/ignore works, but then you get your ignore list all filled up. I find it easier to report spam, which also removes it from my view.

I look at it like this. IRL, if I'm in a convention hall with hundreds of people, and some dude is just yelling over and over again, loud enough for everyone to hear them, I would report that as well to the staffers running the event. There's no difference in the game. If you /yell something that's not /yell worthy more than once and I'll report.

Getting suspended for spamming yells is "working as designed". Learn to play with others if you are going to log onto an MMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    What they SHOULD do, and should have done YEARS ago, is improve the /ignore function to work on entire accounts if you dont like someone, and possibly blacklist you and them from queing together in LFR/LFG and PvP matches.
    It never made any sense why /ignore worked only on the character level. Like it was the pixels I'm trying to ignore. /ignore needs to ignore the entire account, and as noted, ensure you the system doesn't group you with the ignored person. If the person has multiple accounts...ignore them all.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis