Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #221
    The Lightbringer vian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Random
    Posts
    3,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    A person could not possibly vanish from sight in an open field with no cover or concealment of any kind. THAT MAKES NO LOGICAL SENSE.

    Fixed it for you
    You missed the joke, that's what you did.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Because bear was built to be a fucking tank and cat was built to mimic rogues.
    Why was the cat chosen to mimic rogues and not the bear?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    afaik they want all race/class combo, but not right away, they wanted to make some lore (possibly some q lines) excusing some wilder combos, in 10,0 we get all races rogue mage and priest i believe
    That's just not true. Never ever have they said or indicated anything like that lol.

    The said that they want all races to be able to be warriors, priest, rogue and hunters, which was already the case besides rogues.

    Don't expect DH's to be available to all classes, ever, though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Why was the cat chosen to mimic rogues and not the bear?
    Not sure if trolling, but here you go:
    It's because lore-wise, the feral wild gods, such as Ashmane had this magical ability to do so and the bears had other traits. It's simple as that, physical appearance has never been a reason why something can stealth, as stealth and prowling are magical abilities. Thought this was pretty obvious...

    Tauren not being rogues for so long was never because of their physical form, but it's because they didn't want every race to be every class back then (except warrior), purely for gameplay reasons(now they do the opposite, for the same reason). There have been tauren rogue enemies and npc's since vanilla.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2022-05-23 at 10:00 AM.

  4. #224
    Put some fluff on the hooves and problem solved.
    Such lack of imagination.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Yeah it’s really sad. I Remember the old days when they would only introduce new classes to races, they would try to find a way to justify it in lore. And if they couldn’t, it wouldn’t happen. Much like how we never got Draenei warlocks. It would have been the dumbest thing in the world.
    "I remember the old days" -> You mean Cataclysm? Where they didn't explain a single new combo beside Tauren paladins?

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    absence of proof is not proof of absence, frostbolt description doesnt mention magic, do you think mages just have very cold hands?
    You can assume based on the fact that it's a mage who casts spells that deal magic damage and there is plenty of lore and other spell descriptions that describe their use of magic. None of those things existed for rogues back in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    ehm... no? you said its not magical, you need to prove that you are right, not others that you are wrong... its called burden of proof, look it up...
    You are the one claiming it's always been magic so nothing has to be explained. I'm asking you to show me evidence of rogues using magic in classic. The burden of proof is on you. Nice dodge though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    sure it works differently, its most likely based on different type of magic, but thank you for pointing out mages can turn invisible using magic without ANY sneaking abilities whatsoever, completely destroying your own argument... good work
    Stealth works different in that it's tied to race (night elf racial), gear (certain boots increase your stealth value), prowling ferals have a different stealth value than rogues etc.
    It's also different in that mobs will still look at you if you get too close (almost as if the rogue isn't really invisible) which is not the case with mage's invisibility which is undetectable (same goes for invis potions).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    druids, who use magic to do literaly everything including transforming into said cat? yeah, its pretty reasonable to assume they also use magic to turn invisible... why would it have to be shadow magic though? you can use the same (or similar) spels by gaining power from different sources... as you pointed out (still makes me laugh how you destroyed your own argument) with mages having invisibility... also hunters too afaik...
    Where is this druidic stealth magic ever mentioned? Never heard of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    so he literaly proved you wrong, but you double down with "nah im still right despite having nothing but my opinion and assumptions"
    damn, it really is pointless trying to argue with you, you just put fingers in your ears and yell "change is bad!"...
    It's the game manual describing what the game mechanic looks like. It's not talking about any sort of magic.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  7. #227
    Bandages break if you bleed, logic doesn't work in Warcraft

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Today on "Thing that's new in world of warcraft has ruined the game forever for real this time"
    If only they would actually quit for real, but instead they just keep being mad and still play the game

  9. #229
    Warchief Beet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who me?
    Posts
    2,221
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    "I remember the old days" -> You mean Cataclysm? Where they didn't explain a single new combo beside Tauren paladins?
    Except they did? You just didn’t pay attention. I remember they went into great detail about troll druids and night elf mages for example.

  10. #230
    Tauren stealth animations have been in the game's datafiles since day one. You used to be able to toy with them all the time with model viewers and the like, nevermind the actual stealthy tauren in the game.

  11. #231
    Every time you have seen a “normal” cow in the game it’s been a tauren rogue in stealth biding it’s time.

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    That's just not true. Never ever have they said or indicated anything like that lol.

    The said that they want all races to be able to be warriors, priest, rogue and hunters, which was already the case besides rogues.

    Don't expect DH's to be available to all classes, ever, though.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Not sure if trolling, but here you go:
    It's because lore-wise, the feral wild gods, such as Ashmane had this magical ability to do so and the bears had other traits. It's simple as that, physical appearance has never been a reason why something can stealth, as stealth and prowling are magical abilities. Thought this was pretty obvious...

    Tauren not being rogues for so long was never because of their physical form, but it's because they didn't want every race to be every class back then (except warrior), purely for gameplay reasons(now they do the opposite, for the same reason). There have been tauren rogue enemies and npc's since vanilla.
    No in the latets interview they 100% stated they are heading towards making all races being able to be all classes. That means DH being ever race. This has been confirmed from holinka.

    What was said was that certain combos will take time due to lore and graphics needed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    "I remember the old days" -> You mean Cataclysm? Where they didn't explain a single new combo beside Tauren paladins?
    Ummm. They literally explained every single clas change. The troll staring zone even had a special pre launch quest explaining where the troll druids came from.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by napoleonmayo View Post
    No tauren or draenei rogues
    What about the Krokul on Argus? They're pretty stealthy.

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by napoleonmayo View Post
    No tauren or draenei rogues
    to be honest: maybe its better to not get backstabbed by a silent sneaky Cow, wearing Tabis. this game already is a joke. it doesn’t need even more BS imo.

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Put some fluff on the hooves and problem solved.
    Such lack of imagination.
    Well, they ask it in each thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Just use Human-feet-shaped-boots FFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    This is a question for you Tinker haters out there.
    I already know that Tinker is the most probable class for 10.0, so probable that's it's practically a certainty.
    Regardless, since many of you disagree, what then is the most realistic class to be added for 10.0.
    Try to be neutral about it, no biasis.Maybe this exercise will help you see the light.

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    You are the one claiming it's always been magic so nothing has to be explained. I'm asking you to show me evidence of rogues using magic in classic. The burden of proof is on you. Nice dodge though.
    Sinister/Ghostly Strike are the closest. Not explicitly magical, but I'd argue there's something not altogether mundane about them. They've also been getting steadily more magical since Wrath. Killing Spree has you "move through the shadows" and striking in a 10y radius every half a second, and since then we've been getting more magical with things like Cloak and Shroud. Stealth has always been a grey area magically but with Rogues the way they are now it's clear that some level of magic is required.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

  17. #237
    Imagine in a world full of various kinds of magic, where slapping a sack over your head disguises you as an ogre and no real ogre would ever see the difference -- imagine transmorphing a human into a sheep, a totally different being -- imagine strapping 5 backpacks at your back at the same time -- imagine carrying 400 mounts and 900 battle pets with you all the time -- imagine being a demon hunter having collapsible wings that only show when you need them -- and now image in this world it could very well be be possible to mask hoof sound so cows can stealth. Imagine!

    Blizz has abandoned all lore sanity by now and this world always didn't take itself too serious in the first place -- there is humour in every other quest. People need to stop stating something "should not be" (like hoofed stealthers) because it wouldn't make any sense in the real world. Guys... c'mon...

    Yes, there are limits -- can't go crazy all around. But hoofed stealthers aren't one of them.

  18. #238
    To the OP's statement I think ironically this one isnt really as daft as you may want it to sound.

    Grimtotem have always had rogues, Eredar have been rogues since time immemorium, Draenei actually have an entire unit devoted to pathfinding, scouting and stealth (The Rangaari).

    So its actually *not* a stretch to assume they have stealth trained individuals with a gift for bein sneeky like.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    So its actually *not* a stretch to assume they have stealth trained individuals with a gift for bein sneeky like.
    Stealthy doesn't mean invisible or silent, it just means imperceptible.

    Wally is neither invisible or silent - but he is stealthy

    Due to COVID-19, Germany is running out of sausages and cheese.
    The government considers this to be the Wurst Käse scenario

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Stealthy doesn't mean invisible or silent, it just means imperceptible.

    Wally is neither invisible or silent - but he is stealthy
    Consider that there are 3 specialisations of rogue, one isnt technically stealthy in anything more than formality.

    Swashbucklers are generally skirmishers or close quater pirates, we literally have a confirmed tauren swashbuckler as far back as vanillia in the deadmines.

    As to another point, stealth in this setting very clearly means invisible, because we get confirmation, multiple cinematics, that stealth actually isnt just a metaphorical thing but a literal form of magic, as we see in BFA and in Shadowlands.

    Honestly I find it odd people try to ignore 20+ years of game lore that actually has at least refferences and actual history assosiated with it to defend an argument that "tall monster cant be sneaky."

    This game literally has an entire lore around us using magic to drag a planet to Azeroth so we can beat the crap out of its soul, and people really wanna call sneaky taurens unlikely?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •