Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Immortal TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    7,417
    Akama, and literally every other Broken that can stealth, all quite clearly prove that yes, you can stealth with hooves. There was precedent for Draenei rogues literally before they were added as a playable race, and I think the Grimtotem rogues were added with Cata.

    It isn't a hoof issue, and the fact that pandaren can be rogues just makes it worse. Male pandaren are quite fat, I don't believe they'd somehow be more stealthy than a Draenei or Tauren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  2. #22
    Pandaren Monk Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    1,998
    Quote Originally Posted by napoleonmayo View Post
    No tauren or draenei rogues
    You are wrong. Rogues use magic to stealth, everyone can do that. Also we already have Pirate Tauren in lore, that's the outlaw spec. And Rangari for Draenei.

  3. #23
    Never got this complaint. Magic to silence the sound of movement is basically a staple of fantasy at this point. Rogues already dabble in shadow magic, so I don't see the leap in logic.

    Not to mention the Grimtotem rogue NPCs since at least Cataclysm if not earlier, as well as the Rangari forces of the Draenei from AU Draenor.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2022-05-13 at 09:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  4. #24
    You people just don't understand.

    A hoofed person could not possibly vanish from sight in an open field with no cover or concealment of any kind, like all the other Rogues do. THAT MAKES NO LOGICAL SENSE.

    Use your head, geez.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    A hoofed person could not possibly vanish from sight in an open field with no cover or concealment of any kind, like all the other Rogues do. THAT MAKES NO LOGICAL SENSE.
    A person could not possibly vanish from sight in an open field with no cover or concealment of any kind. THAT MAKES NO LOGICAL SENSE.

    Fixed it for you

  6. #26
    Scarab Lord KOUNTERPARTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MEMORY PALACE
    Posts
    4,685
    You guys on the first page must really not have much else to complain about nowadays. What is this?


    Tauren and Draenei should not be rogues because they are bigger races and have hooves? That's what you guys want to go with? I suppose when you throw shit at a wall, eventually something might stick. This ain't it.

  7. #27
    Pandaren Monk czarek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    zug zug
    Posts
    1,896
    Satyrs since vanilla had hoofs and rogues :P I think taurens also in Thousand Needles ? I know its funny but still.
    Last edited by czarek; 2022-05-13 at 01:26 PM.

  8. #28
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    43,698
    oh come on, how many people play solely for the lore? I reckon a lot more people would go for meme classes like Tauren rogue just because they can than people who would get tilted over the lore not explicitly supporting Tauren rogues

    Lore isn't really being broken here though. Tauren being rogues somehow isn't going to break things like the person you quoted, such exaggeration.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Haven't you been paying attention? The current devs don't care about adhering to the lore. You'll take your stealthy cows and your light wielding Orcs and you'll like it! *pukes*
    I love your posts, you clearly hate the game but still play, I feel a sense of connection. I don't hate the game the connection is from how grumpy you are.

  10. #30
    Gnome and goblin warriors don't make much sense either
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

  11. #31
    And here I thought all these years we were going along with rogues and pretending to not see them for fantasy sake.

  12. #32
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    13,707
    It's already canon that Rogues use Shadow magic to make themselves stealthier than would be normally possible. They aren't just purely using skill.

    Also, all the other reasons why you're wrong have been stated already in the thread. Just accept it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Gnome and goblin warriors don't make much sense either
    Literally anyone can pick up a weapon, get angry, and start fighting. That's what Warriors are.

  13. #33
    I'm all for it. Throw wide the gates and let people play what they want, come up with their own stories. Why is their orc a paladin? They can come up with their own backstory for it. Player characters are individuals and not every individual conforms to the social norms of their larger society. Just because night elves and draenei don't accept the fel doesn't mean individuals can't deviate from that.

  14. #34
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    5,175
    It doesn't bother me because blood elf warriors weren't a thing initially, yet somehow gnome warriors were a thing since vanilla. Also having to wait until Cataclysm for troll druids was sort of a travesty as well. Everything being a DK is sort of stupid as well from a visual standpoint, but whatever.

    It doesn't bode well though because Blizzard must have a clause somewhere that states that RMP must remain viable no matter the cost in PvP. With the lack of ideas going forward they probably though opening up every race option might give it the edge they need.

    Really wish that another brand of DHs were created though. Orcs and and draenei are literally shown as being proficient in masking themselves and being pretty much the ultimate embodiments of being infused with fel magics through commanders, or bosses seen throughout the game. They would certainly need a different look, but anybody who tells you that orc and draenei couldn't be a DH for 'reasons' is silly.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by napoleonmayo View Post
    No tauren or draenei rogues
    Well we just stopped Mr Clean from remaking reality so I think we can ignore this issue for now.

  16. #36
    The BFA Thrall cinematic more or less confirms stealth is simple shadow magic not a physical thing. Seems pretty easy to pick up if youre getting hunted down by Orcs Akama made the swap from pally to rogue pretty quick in WC3.

  17. #37
    Pandaren Monk bryroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,997
    Can hooves cross a bridge? Because you're going to get over it.

  18. #38
    It's definitionally racist to believe there isn't a single member of a species who could learn a certain skill.

    The idea of racial restrictions at all is beyond dumb, unless there is a very specific lore behind it where the skill has to be taught (aka, gatekept knowledge). There's a good reason tabletop games have moved away from it!

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Haven't you been paying attention? The current devs don't care about adhering to the lore. You'll take your stealthy cows and your light wielding Orcs and you'll like it! *pukes*
    Because light-wielding undead make more sense than light-wielding orcs, right?

  20. #40
    Until you've seen how quiet a moose can be you have no opinion OP. I am Canadian and I can tell you a moose can walk up right next to you and you wouldn't even know if you weren't looking around.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - The subscription for WoW will be added to Gamepass Ultimate at no additional cost, mark my words.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •