Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by napoleonmayo View Post
    Single headed orges are genetically too dumb to learn say calculus.
    This isn't racism, just biology.
    That's not even accurate there were one-headed ogre mages in WoD.

What do you mean? They can do it if Blizzards wants them to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Today on "Thing that's new in world of warcraft has ruined the game forever for real this time"
    I'd like to add an addendum. "Thing that's new in World of Warcraft has ruined the game forever for real this time even though that thing has been in the game from the beginning and the OP just didn't notice." Wow, that's a mouthful.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    There's nothing to suggest that orcs can't use the light. The restrictions are in place because they try to stick to cultural norms for race/class combos, not any sort of physical impossibility. There's no reason an orc can't use the light, no reason a human can't learn to commune with the elements, no reason a draenei can't become a warlock.
    I was going to agree with everything, except that last part. Draenei Warlocks are basically Eredar at that point, and knowing how zealous the Draenei get, they'd probably outright refuse them. In fact, the Broken were basically shunned Draenei because they couldn't connect to the Light (thanks to the Red Mist that Gul'dan unleashed in Shattrath) and had to result to alternative methods like Shamanism (Nobundo) and being Rogue/Shamans (Akama). It'll be a long-LONG time until (or at least until the Light vs Void expansion) that they can accept the idea using the Fel and becoming Warlocks.

It just doesn't fit the feel or culture of that race. My position is just let people play what they want and come up with their own backstory of where the orc learned to use the light etc. With all the race sin the factions comingling at this point, it's no more strange than monks popping up as soon as pandaren balloons landed in the capitals.
    That's all fine in a roleplaying server, but that stuff only exists in those servers and don't reflect the game itself. They can make up their own things as they want because that's what roleplayers do. Like I said, I'm not against the idea of Orcs becoming priests, I just wanna know how and why it took them till Dragonflight to make it happen... but that's a whole separate discussion in of itself so I'll just drop it and hope they can make a response in the future. (IF they do)

10+ Year Old Account
    No tauren or draenei rogues
    Google "hoof boots". They are an actual thing, in the actual real world. Sneakers for horses.
    And this real thing from the real world, is going to ruin a game where you get mailed dragons.

Grow up.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

No tauren or draenei rogues
    As soon as they let Mechagnomes be able to be a rogue with metal arms and legs then hooves don't seem much of a problemo.

Single headed orges are genetically too dumb to learn say calculus.
    This isn't racism, just biology.
    Ironic to call ogres "too dumb" when you can't even spell it correctly.

Also ironic to the topic since there's literally a single headed ogre rogue who's a master of subterfuge and disguises.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Funny thing, these race combos will still be pretty rare.
    Always forget, that Taurens got priests the same time they got paladin and you rarely see the priest combo.
    Personally don't think any of the new combos coming in 10.0 would really be popular.

When it comes to future combinations... Can really only imagine orc paladin, nelf paladins, kultiran paladins, draenei warlock, zandalari warlocks and belf druids being the ones that really shine in popularity.

Why are people upset hoofed races make too much noise to be stealthy, but ignore the fact that undead rogues perpetually smell like a morgue during every moment of their existence?

Jokes aside, magic solves any problem in a fantasy setting, including loud footsteps and offensive body odor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess hooved demons like Dreadlords can’t stealth either.

Pretty sure this is a fantasy game and if a metal trash can full of plates wanted to stealth it could be done.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You mean the lore which has included hoven stealth mobs since vanilla? Yikes - HUGE yikes.
    There exists literally 0 lore that says that Orcs can't wield the Light.
    Light is a cosmic force. It doesn't pick and choose races that can and can't wield it.

I think it's pretty simple. Stealth magic causes feet, of all kinds, to generate no noise when stepping. There you go.

Now as for maghar locks and dh's when the time comes, God knows how the fuck they'll justify them lore wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    There exists literally 0 lore that says that Orcs can't wield the Light.
    Light is a cosmic force. It doesn't pick and choose races that can and can't wield it.
    Why are you telling me? Did you reply to the wrong person?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Haven't you been paying attention? The current devs don't care about adhering to the lore. You'll take your stealthy cows and your light wielding Orcs and you'll like it! *pukes*
    Why are you not responding to any of the people who have pointed out there have been countless examples in the lore supporting stealth beings with hooves?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Clippity cloppity your possessions are now my property.

15+ Year Old Account
    Obvious troll is obvious. News at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    It doesn't bother me because blood elf warriors weren't a thing initially, yet somehow gnome warriors were a thing since vanilla. Also having to wait until Cataclysm for troll druids was sort of a travesty as well. Everything being a DK is sort of stupid as well from a visual standpoint, but whatever.
    That was a gameplay design decision, not a lore one. Blizzard originally wanted no race to be available to no more than six classes. For blood elves priests, paladins, and hunters were obvious. As were the other two casters. So the chose was could they be rogues or could they be warriors. Same reason for humans. It was only at Cata that they decided to break this rule they'd set for themselves.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Are you kidding? They were so good at hiding no one had ever met one and lived to tell the tale!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Once upon a time I would have agreed, but given that 200kg mountains of muscle can stealth as well I don't really think it holds up, especially when there are already mobs that do indeed know stealth. Not to mention stleath is magic BS anyway, since WoW clearly has no hiding in actual shadows.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Are you kidding? They were so good at hiding no one had ever met one and lived to tell the tale!
    Funny enough, I remember this basically being their justification for Trolls being able to be druids in Cata. At least the "They were hiding the whole time" part.