Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Scarab Lord Greevir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tamriel
    Posts
    4,339
    Well, a draenei rogue can be quieter than an undead rogue. Bones make far more noise than hooves do.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Again, you're missing the point.
    If rogues start out at point (A) without magic (just sneaking and stabbing like they did in classic) and have to reach a certain point (B) before they get the ability to use magic to enhance their skills to begin with, then how are Tauren ever going to reach point (B) when their physique prevents them from reaching point (A) to begin with.
    Answer: their physique DOESN'T prevent them from reaching point (A).

    That's really what the entire argument boils down to. If you've ever been hunting, you know that a 400+ lbs hoofed animal can absolutely sneak up on you. There's no reason a Tauren couldn't, either, at least not any less than the other races who already can be rogues.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Again, you're missing the point.
    If rogues start out at point (A) without magic (just sneaking and stabbing like they did in classic) and have to reach a certain point (B) before they get the ability to use magic to enhance their skills to begin with, then how are Tauren ever going to reach point (B) when their physique prevents them from reaching point (A) to begin with.
    I'm not a rogue player so I'm not sure about this, but don't rogue learn stealth almost at level 1 ?

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    Seriously, fuck wow at this point. I'm glad I don't play and now I have no interest in returning.
    Bit weird that you are just now throwing a hissy fit that more hooved races can be rogues now when I'm guessing you were fine with satyr rogues.

  5. #165
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Again, you're missing the point.
    If rogues start out at point (A) without magic (just sneaking and stabbing like they did in classic) and have to reach a certain point (B) before they get the ability to use magic to enhance their skills to begin with, then how are Tauren ever going to reach point (B) when their physique prevents them from reaching point (A) to begin with.
    You realize that moose are well known for sneaking up on people right? They're fucking huge and walk on hooves.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Answer: their physique DOESN'T prevent them from reaching point (A).

    That's really what the entire argument boils down to. If you've ever been hunting, you know that a 400+ lbs hoofed animal can absolutely sneak up on you. There's no reason a Tauren couldn't, either, at least not any less than the other races who already can be rogues.
    Pretty sure an elephant can technically sneak up on you under certain circumstances. That doesn't mean they're not inherently less sneaky than e.g. a cat and are overall pretty poorly suited for the job.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  7. #167
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Pretty sure an elephant can technically sneak up on you under certain circumstances. That doesn't mean they're not inherently less sneaky than e.g. a cat and are overall pretty poorly suited for the job.
    How is a Tauren inherently less sneaky than an orc with big fuckoff space marine shoulders??
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Pretty sure an elephant can technically sneak up on you under certain circumstances. That doesn't mean they're not inherently less sneaky than e.g. a cat and are overall pretty poorly suited for the job.
    Sorry, but a human is ALSO less sneaky than a cat, and seems to do the job just fine.

    If you want to make an argument of degrees then come up with some that aren't just "either elephant or cat" which applies to neither humans NOR tauren.

  9. #169
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Sorry, but a human is ALSO less sneaky than a cat, and seems to do the job just fine.

    If you want to make an argument of degrees then come up with some that aren't just "either elephant or cat" which applies to neither humans NOR tauren.
    Yeah he's just cherry picking ridiculous scenarios because he knows his argument is nonsense.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by napoleonmayo View Post
    No tauren or draenei rogues
    That's against the new social contract. It's both racist and ablist for you to assume that tauren and Draenei can't be transpedal.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    How is a Tauren inherently less sneaky than an orc with big fuckoff space marine shoulders??
    Have you ever compared their size or noticed that they can stomp the ground so hard that the thundering of their hooves stuns everything in their vicinity?

    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Sorry, but a human is ALSO less sneaky than a cat, and seems to do the job just fine.

    If you want to make an argument of degrees then come up with some that aren't just "either elephant or cat" which applies to neither humans NOR tauren.
    The point is that you don't train someone for a specialized role when they're naturally much less suited than others. There's a reason basketball players tend to be tall and jockeys tend to be more compact. I can't believe that this is a genuine discussion. Are we going to argue if ettins should be rogues next?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    There's one assassin whose name is a reference to the Assassin's Creed games so I'd take that with a grain of salt. The other one you mentioned uses a bow.
    Incorrect.

    Rangari Erdaani uses daggers; she's a Rogue follower. There's a *different* Rangari follower who uses a bow.

    Erdaani: https://www.wowhead.com/follower=212...it-of-bony-xuk

    Rangari Chel, the one you're thinking of: https://www.wowhead.com/follower=185/rangari-chel-lokra

    Also, the Assassin being an "Assassin's Creed reference" has no bearing on anything. They could've made that reference plenty of ways. Just admit examples exist and move on.

    Either way, it doesn't matter. The people who wanted more race/class combos won in the end. Arguments against are irrelevant now.
    Last edited by Zankai27; 2022-05-19 at 12:53 AM.

  13. #173
    The Lightbringer De Lupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    A glass box of my own emotions...
    Posts
    3,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    The point is that you don't train someone for a specialized role when they're naturally much less suited than others. There's a reason basketball players tend to be tall and jockeys tend to be more compact. I can't believe that this is a genuine discussion. Are we going to argue if ettins should be rogues next?


    If the Fel Reaver can be stealthy, ANYONE can be stealthy.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Gearsi(A)

  14. #174
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Have you ever compared their size or noticed that they can stomp the ground so hard that the thundering of their hooves stuns everything in their vicinity?



    The point is that you don't train someone for a specialized role when they're naturally much less suited than others. There's a reason basketball players tend to be tall and jockeys tend to be more compact. I can't believe that this is a genuine discussion. Are we going to argue if ettins should be rogues next?
    So they can stomp and also sneak. There are already Tauren Rogue NPCs that you're conveniently ignoring.

    The player character is a special case, that's established. There have been amazing short basketball players - Muggsy Bogues would like a word. There's no reasonable reason in the context of a game with space demons, magic, ridiculous technology, and impossible races like humanoid cow people that said cow people couldn't train to be sneaky.

    This isn't a game set in a realistic world in ANY way. Nothing in Warcraft is supposed to be rooted in realism.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2022-05-19 at 01:03 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    The point is that you don't train someone for a specialized role when they're naturally much less suited than others.
    That's a bit of a truism.

    It's a true statement, but it's irrelevant here because for it to matter you'd first have to prove that tauren ARE IN FACT not suited enough to be rogues.

    How would you demonstrate that in a world that breaks "real-world" physics and other laws of nature left and right as a matter of course?

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Have you ever compared their size or noticed that they can stomp the ground so hard that the thundering of their hooves stuns everything in their vicinity?
    And a lion can roar loud enough to be heard eight km away. They can also sneak up to within a meter of a human without being detected. Stealthing Tauren aren't going to be stomping the ground while they sneak up behind their targets.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

  17. #177
    Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In your belly
    Posts
    2,786
    As if people will actually play a Tauren rogue out of all possible Horde races, including UD and BE.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    As if people will actually play a Tauren rogue out of all possible Horde races, including UD and BE.
    I mean, I'd do it.

    The reason that all of my alts that aren't Tauren is because they can't be, whether that's class or faction restriction.
    Otherwise they'd all be fem Tauren.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    As if people will actually play a Tauren rogue out of all possible Horde races, including UD and BE.
    If there's anything I'd want to do as a Rogue, it's to stealth up to someone and gently moo into their ear. What else is there to live for?

  20. #180
    Scarab Lord Skizzit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ~De Geso!
    Posts
    4,684
    "Look, I know rogues can turn invisible and teleport but walking with hooves and not making noise? No, I am sorry. My immersion is totally broken. Completely unplayable. Worst. Game. Ever."

    These people are crazy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •