Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Hoofed races can't stealth

No tauren or draenei rogues

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonmayo View Post
    Satyrs have rogues, even more damaging so do grimtotem.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Haven't you been paying attention? The current devs don't care about adhering to the lore. You'll take your stealthy cows and your light wielding Orcs and you'll like it! *pukes*

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Haven't you been paying attention? The current devs don't care about adhering to the lore. You'll take your stealthy cows and your light wielding Orcs and you'll like it! *pukes*
    You mean the lore which has included hoven stealth mobs since vanilla? Yikes - HUGE yikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait Satyrs even more massive than taurens and drainei so?
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    you're having a hard time accepting stuff aren't you. From the blatant in your face evidence about Dragonflight to the addition of Tauren and Draenei to the races that can be rogues.

- - - Updated - - -

oh come on, how many people play solely for the lore? I reckon a lot more people would go for meme classes like Tauren rogue just because they can than people who would get tilted over the lore not explicitly supporting Tauren rogues

I've had both cows and goats sneak up on me IRL. And they weren't even trying. Or wearing Leather boots. I didn't even realize the goat was there until it tried to eat my shoelace.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Classes can shoot fire or ice from their hands, conjure elementals and our dragon mounts appear out of thin air. But hoofed races can't be rogues because they go clickety-click when they walk and this can't be magically prevented?

I don't see any issue with a 7feet 400pound cow suddenly stabbing you in the back. The chances of being killed by a cow is never 0%.

Not to mention that Tauren monks and Druids are already wearing the hides of their fallen comrades...

Satyrs have rogues, Grimtotem Tauren have rogues, Draenei have had the Rangari since WoD, and they all stealth just fine (Come to think of it, Sayaad can stealth too), heck, the Thrall/Sadfang cinematic showed that rogue's stealth is somehow magical in nature, so there is lore precedent, for the few people who care about those tiny details.

There's one WQ in Maldraxxus which involves going in stealth (Regardless of class) and stealing documents, my warrior and pally (Draenei Paladin, just saying. :P ) do that just fine, even though, when you think logically, they should sound like a cart filled with pots and pans when they move.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who says hoofed animals aren't stealthy? Never been hunting I take it?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    I don't see any issue with a 7feet 400pound cow suddenly stabbing you in the back. The chances of being killed by a cow is never 0%.

Not to mention that Tauren monks and Druids are already wearing the hides of their fallen comrades...
    I've heard plenty of stories about actual cows being all stealthy like and then charging at people unexpectedly.

Today on "Thing that's new in world of warcraft has ruined the game forever for real this time"

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I've heard plenty of stories about actual cows being all stealthy like and then charging at people unexpectedly.
    I remember an episode from Top Gear where Jeremy Clarkson was attacked by one

Also: Hippopotamus allied race confirmed.

Look at Grimtotems. They have been having rogues since Vanilla.

After SL's fail Blizzard have learned one big lesson - that visual choice shouldn't be connected to gameplay and power choices. It would be 100% doublestandarded, if after all that covenant problems they would say, that race-class choices are "different".

Lore is made up BS anyway. In reality character isn't born with certain class. He is trained to have some class. And while some classes can be forbidden for certain races, having exiles, who violate race-class rules, is even more interesting and RPish, that just pure race-class restrictions.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Hooves are actually generally padded and quiet.

It’s horseshoes that clip clop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hooves don't make a lot of noise, it's horse shoes that do all the loud clattering.
    And i doubt Tauren or Draenei hammer horse shoes into their feet.

Both Draenei and Tauren have Hunters, which are stealthy to beginn (the entire concept of hunters and Camouflage say hi) with and we've had stealth practicing factions in either for ages.

Formerly known as Arafal

hooves are only loud when wearing metal shoes on hard surfaces like roads.

so all it really takes is some walking technique + shoe preparation, just like it does for irl humans with combat boots.

girl that looks 16 can summon a green meteor that transforms into a burning golem and wields a staff that can open rifts in reality- i sleep
    cow not making sounds while walking slowly using magic- real shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure there are draenai rogues in wod, along with stealthy rangers all throughout. Then there are assassins in the manari/legion.

Rogues for tauren since cata with grimtotem (if not before).

Problem? Sucks to be you then, since you havent been paying attention at all to lore