Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    Funny enough, I remember this basically being their justification for Trolls being able to be druids in Cata. At least the "They were hiding the whole time" part.
    I think it was that + they fell into the Emerald Dream so they found a hole to nap in for... 3 to 6 years, depending on if you treat each expansion as a year or real life passage of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    Once upon a time I would have agreed, but given that 200kg mountains of muscle can stealth as well I don't really think it holds up, especially when there are already mobs that do indeed know stealth. Not to mention stleath is magic BS anyway, since WoW clearly has no hiding in actual shadows.
    Rogues actively use different forms of shadow magic. So yeah rogue stealth is mostly magical.

Are you seriously trying to make sense of a game that sends you dragons in the mail?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

You also can't really disappear from sight in the middle of the desert or on top of the surface on an ocean but that doesn't stop the other races so maybe the game is not very realistic after all.

"It's a world full of dragons so it makes sense that we use our shields to attack and our swords to block."

90% of the people in this thread.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

imagine still caring
    maybe if blizzard adhered super hard to lore or consistency, it would matter (and even then, hoofed rogues have been around since forever)
    but they retcon universe- and major story-altering shit every several months at this point without a care in the world and you're here getting worked up over "hoof no make sense for stealth "

yet there are so many items and spells in the game via questing which turn you invisible or in stealth - including engineering belt enchant which is literally being used by taurens/draenai now!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Are you kidding? They were so good at hiding no one had ever met one and lived to tell the tale!
    Or they were just too moo-ved by the experience to speak about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    yet there are so many items and spells in the game via questing which turn you invisible or in stealth - including engineering belt enchant which is literally being used by taurens/draenai now!
    I will take "techno-tauren" rogues as headcanon now.
    They're not actually stealthy, they're just bovine James Bond.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Panda demon hunters that all we need and also tauren dh would be cool

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever since worgen deathknights, I stopped paying attention to the lore of class combinations.
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

Not sure why this is even a contested notion anymore. People obviously don't understand why class restriction even began in the first place.

Throughout D&Ds history, race-specific classes were a thing for one of two reasons:
    1) Because these classes were essentially kept within their race's respective cultures. Classes such as the Battlerager were basically dwarven barbarians in spiked armor with a unique fighting style. Bladesinger wizards were the OG gish (melee and caster class) that was an art form created by the elves. In AD&D, even paladins were restricted to humans only.
    2) Because most different races were, originally, cut off from one-another. Humans kept to themselves, as did the elves, as did the dwarves, etc. The only time the races mingled with one-another was if a city, such as Baldur's Gate, served as a hub for travellers, merchants, or to establish religious temples.

WoW does not have any of those two reasons. The races co-mingle with one-another inside their own factions of the Horde and Alliance, and even with the other at times. As for the playable classes, Practically all of them are available to be taught, none of them kept within the confines of their own culture or heritage. The only few classes that are kept amongst the select few are Demon Hunters (among the Illidari) and Death Knights (only the Lich King and Knights of the Ebon Blade can raise them). Monks could have been the third, but the Pandaren opted to teach the other races of azeroth how to become monks.

Which is where the floodgate of expanding classes to other races opens up. Every race can be any class they want, because the fundamentals of class training is just that; training someone in the way of a specific class. This is exactly how dwarves learned to become paladins from the Silver Hand, how the night elves and tauren learned druidism by Cenarius, how the humans learned to become mages from the High Elves, how the orcs became warlocks from Gul'dan, and so on. Classes are just disciplines taught.

Which is probably why we won't see other certain classes, going back to being a kept secret. Blood elves and Nightborne have spellbreakers, night elves have wardens, wildhammer dwarves have gryphonriders, orcs have blademasters (although some parts of those classes have made it into other classes, such as bladestorm for warriors, spellsteal for mages.)

One other thing that restricts certain races from being certain playable classes boils down to biology. Even that much is a moot point considering we already see various NPCs in the game being said restricted classes. Case in point, which has been pointed out multiple times in this thread alone, being the Grimtotem Rogues that you find in Dustwallow Marsh. Another being the undead paladins of the Scarlet Crusade in the Plaguelands. Aside from that, there is no lore anywhere suggesting that current playable races cannot biologically learn or become a certain playable classes. Anything on Blood Elf druids? Nope. What about Orc Paladins? Nope, not that either. Draenei Warlocks? The Man'ari Eredar say hi.

The last thing being: X race would never become Y class. Well... why not? We are adventurers. We don't necessarily have to follow the status quo of not wanting to be Y class because it goes against our culture. The point of our character is that we are standouts from the rest of society.

This is the reason why D&D moved away from things like racial restrictions and even alignment restrictions on classes, and the worlds of D&D are a lot more stringent in terms of cultural separation (especially the Greyhawk setting) than WoW is.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    On-topic:

Remember the Satyr back in Ashenvale? They has rogues that were hard to detect as f*ck. They had hooves.
    Also, I believe succubi/incubi can turn stealth AND have hooves.

Dreadlords also have hooves and can sneak up on you like crazy.

So.... Draenei and Tauren would work too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBoss View Post
    Ever since worgen deathknights, I stopped paying attention to the lore of class combinations.
    Well, according to the lore, they didn't turn undead, as you can become a Death Knight without dying (Arthas) but slowly be consumed by it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, according to the lore, they didn't turn undead, as you can become a Death Knight without dying (Arthas) but slowly be consumed by it.
    All the playable Death Knights were killed and raised. Even the worgen ones.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Afaicr Arthas is the only "second generation" Death Knight who slipped into Undeath without ever becoming a corpse like this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by napoleonmayo View Post
    No tauren or draenei rogues
    but you can use super mega shoulders and no one will notice you

Btw even in the ancient times, for the ambushes, army used to cover the hooves of the horses so as not to make noise... i'm sure taurem and draenei can use something to reduce the noise!
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBoss View Post
    Anyone who was in the northern Eastern Kingdoms from TFT through TBC was a valid target to become a death knight. They get killed by the Scourge, body collected, and raised. I believe Blizzard specifically mentioned that the worgen death knights were not Gilneans from inside the wall, but folks from places like Ambermill and Pyrewood Village who caught the worgen curse and were then raised. The curse, mind you, only protected worgen from being raised by the post-Arthas death val'kyr who had lost some power.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Moose are like 3000 pound animals and they can creep up on you, let that sink in.

- - - Updated - - -

If you look into it further they are actually a special kind of undead, they're kind of in limbo of sorts they have flesh that heals but are not truly alive nor dead.

In a world where people run around with wooden sticks and create fireball out of their hands and horses can fly. Hooves making noise so you can't stealth, thats where you draw the line?

Its a magical world. Maybe they have magical noise cancelling hoove shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    "It's a world full of dragons so it makes sense that we use our shields to attack and our swords to block."

90% of the people in this thread.
    ok, u know that theres a way to attack with a shield and block with a sword right? .-.