Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    All the playable Death Knights were killed and raised. Even the worgen ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Afaicr Arthas is the only "second generation" Death Knight who slipped into Undeath without ever becoming a corpse like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    If you look into it further they are actually a special kind of undead, they're kind of in limbo of sorts they have flesh that heals but are not truly alive nor dead.
    I was under the belief they were unable to be turned undead as Worgen, unless something I've missed? As that is what lore states through the quests in-game, and thus, the Worgen Death Knights weren't started as undead but slowly consumed by it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

3+ Year Old Account
    Worgen are not immune to becoming undead, they just are more resistant. A powerful person like the Lich King could still raise them.

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonmayo View Post
    Single headed orges are genetically too dumb to learn say calculus.
    This isn't racism, just biology.
    no, its racism, and incorrect at top of that, as one-headed ogres can be mages, two-headed are just better at it...
    and they can actualy achieve quite high positions (warlord/ruler in grom/kargath cinematics for example)...

i would say both require some higher inteligence...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-05-18 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I was under the belief they were unable to be turned undead as Worgen, unless something I've missed? As that is what lore states through the quests in-game, and thus, the Worgen Death Knights weren't started as undead but slowly consumed by it.
    It was limited to being raised as Forsaken by Sylvanas' Val'kyr, same reason that the Alliance navy started sending in fighting forces made of Dwarves and Elves when they retook Gilneas city.

For some unspecified reason (if I had to guess, because Val'kyr were originally made only to transform Vykrul, which are a human progenitor race) the Val'kyr were limited to humans.

Arthas being the Lich King, was MUCH stronger in his re-raising ability, so he wasn't limited that same way.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2022-05-18 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    "It's a world full of dragons so it makes sense that we use our shields to attack and our swords to block."

90% of the people in this thread.
    shields were used to attack and swords to block in real life combat... maybe think before you talk next time

but to your point which you failed to deliver so miserably - yes, in a world with MAGIC its not weird when something happens that is possible thanks to MAGIC but not possible in real world... i kinda thought that goes without saying but obviously i overestimate some people...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-05-18 at 02:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    It was limited to being raised as Forsaken by Sylvanas' Val'kyr, same reason that the Alliance navy started sending in fighting forces made of Dwarves and Elves when they retook Gilneas city.

For some unspecified reason (if I had to guess, because Val'kyr were originally made only to transform Vykrul, which are a human progenitor race) the Val'kyr were limited to humans.

Arthas being the Lich King, was MUCH stronger in his re-raising ability, so he wasn't limited that same way.
    Curious. I have never been 100% sure on the basis of the Forsaken as roleplayers back in the days (before DK's) used Forsaken to represent dead elves as well as humans. So, weaker tools like necromancers, and Val'kyr being unable to bring a Worgen to undeath? (Necromancers and Val'kyr are the tools we've heard used by Sylvanas' people, Val'kyr were just more efficient).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Possibly since they are connected to the emerald dream, that probably means they technically exist in 2 realms at the same time.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Possibly since they are connected to the emerald dream, that probably means they technically exist in 2 realms at the same time.
    Maybe that has a connection to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Porcos Voadores View Post
    ok, u know that theres a way to attack with a shield and block with a sword right? .-.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    shields were used to attack and swords to block in real life combat... maybe think before you talk next time

but to your point which you failed to deliver so miserably - yes, in a world with MAGIC its not weird when something happens that is possible thanks to MAGIC but not possible in real world... i kinda thought that goes without saying but obviously i overestimate some people...
    Good job on missing the point. The existence of magic does not mean you can abandon internal logic or common sense.

Using swords as your primary means of defense and shields as your primary means of offense is counterintuitive and nonsensical at face value and it doesn't suddenly become more sensible just because dragons and elves happen to exist. The same goes for 2.5m tall anthropomorphic cows choosing to be sneaky backstabbers. Of course you can always whip out some contrived magical explanation to justify anything but that won't change the fact that at the end of the day it's still absurd.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

5+ Year Old Account
    Most hooved animals irl are stealthy/flighty prey animals, bad take. I'm certain the original meme argument was about their size, not hooves. Even on stone roads, they can just wear shoes to dampen the sound (rubber or whatever soft material).
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

The same goes for 2.5m tall anthropomorphic cows choosing to be sneaky backstabbers. Of course you can always whip out some contrived magical explanation to justify anything but that won't change the fact that at the end of the day it's still absurd.
    So Dreadlords are absurd ? So Rangaris are absurds ? So Grimtotem rogues are absurds ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    So Dreadlords are absurd ? So Rangaris are absurds ? So Grimtotem rogues are absurds ?
    Dreadlords transform into different forms for their subterfuge. They don't tiptoe around and stab you in the back. Rangari are scouts that align more with the fantasy of a hunter and not that of a rogue. And yeah, Grimtotem rogues are pretty absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dreadlords transform into different forms for their subterfuge. They don't tiptoe around and stab you in the back.
    They don't always take the form of others, they do sometimes move around shrouded.

Dreadlords transform into different forms for their subterfuge. They don't tiptoe around and stab you in the back. Rangari are scouts that align more with the fantasy of a hunter and not that of a rogue. And yeah, Grimtotem rogues are pretty absurd.
    Added to what Gehco already said about Dreadlords, a regular human rogue sleathing in the middle of a desert with zero cover is not absurd ? Rogue's stealth has always been about magic

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Pretty sure there are draenai rogues in wod, along with stealthy rangers all throughout. Then there are assassins in the manari/legion.

Rogues for tauren since cata with grimtotem (if not before).

Problem? Sucks to be you then, since you havent been paying attention at all to lore
    There's Grimtotem Bandits in Stonetalon in Classic, even. Mages too, while we're at it.

Rangari are scouts that align more with the fantasy of a hunter and not that of a rogue.
    No? There's literally Rangari Assassins who stealth and use daggers. Not to mention the literal Draenei Rogue Garrison follower Rangari Erdaani

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    No? There's literally Rangari Assassins who stealth and use daggers. Not to mention the literal Draenei Rogue Garrison follower Rangari Erdaani
    There's one assassin whose name is a reference to the Assassin's Creed games so I'd take that with a grain of salt. The other one you mentioned uses a bow.

Added to what Gehco already said about Dreadlords, a regular human rogue sleathing in the middle of a desert with zero cover is not absurd ? Rogue's stealth has always been about magic
    At this point you're just confusing game mechanics with the actual in universe explanation. Also back in classic there was 0 mention of any magic shenanigans when it comes to the rogue class.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2022-05-18 at 06:17 PM.

At this point you're just confusing game mechanics with the actual in universe explanation. Also back in classic there was 0 mention of any magic shenanigans when it comes to the rogue class.
    And the in-universe explanation when it comes to regular basic rogues stealthing in the middle of the desert is what exactly ?

Also in Classic, there were Grimtotem Rogues, so, yeah... Non-magic Tauren rogues have been a thing since forever.
    Your move.

And the in-universe explanation when it comes to regular basic rogues stealthing in the middle of the desert is what exactly ?
    The in-universe explanation is that they probably don't sneak around in deserts in bright daylight and without any cover or maybe they hide behind dunes. Again, just because you can do it within the confines of the game doesn't mean that it's automatically possible within the in-universe lore framework.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    Also in Classic, there were Grimtotem Rogues, so, yeah... Non-magic Tauren rogues have been a thing since forever.
    Your move.
    I don't understand your point. I already said that they're absurd. Just because they exist in Classic doesn't mean they're above criticism.

lore has changed to rogues using magic to stealth.
    why keep arguing?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor