Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedruid View Post
    As they should, Gnome Warriors should be weak.
    Clearly you've never heard of the Nac Mac Feegle.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Clearly you've never heard of the Nac Mac Feegle.
    No idea what that is

Quote Originally Posted by Aedruid View Post
    No idea what that is
    Well no of course not, I did say you've never heard of them. Duh.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    Seriously, fuck wow at this point. I'm glad I don't play and now I have no interest in returning.
    Out of all the crap Blizzard has pulled with WoW, THIS is your breaking point?

10+ Year Old Account
    In the real world, deer are one of the stealthiest creatures on the planet. They have hooves. So it's not out of the question.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonmayo View Post
    No tauren or draenei rogues
    If we're going from a technical perspective...

Why can rogues; health themselves with a health pot that isn't a health pot, use magic to cloak themselves and stave off damage, vanish in front of people with nothing to help out, move faster for no reason and take less damage from falling, get imaginary combo pts where one of them makes you attack faster for no reason and my personal best... use an ability so that all of your damage turns into threat that goes to someone else...

And you're worried about "hooves" eh?

5+ Year Old Account
    If addition of Tauren-Rogue's to the game can force toxic kids to quit, i wonder what Pandaren-Demon-Hunter gonna do to their weak minds.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Daggers can't take out Demolishers either. So much for things making sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    If addition of Tauren-Rogue's to the game can force toxic kids to quit, i wonder what Pandaren-Demon-Hunter gonna do to their weak minds.
    So long as they can use Illidan's original WC3 warglaives.

Last edited by Kathranis; 2022-05-21 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Rogues don't start out with shroud of concealment.
    which have fuck all to do with my point that hiding one big person is easier than 40, yet you consider the easier thing absurd...

In fact they used to have no magical abilities at all back when the game first came out.
    please share with us where in vanila it was said that rogues stealth is non-magical, bcs if you cant then its just your ASSUMPTION, not a fact, you should look up difference...

You're giving me a powerful magical ability as the reason why Tauren could be stealthy when realistically, this sort of ability would only become part of a rogue's repertoire once they're already a master of their craft (which I would assume involves learning actual, non-magical sneaking).
    again, you just ASSUME (and at this point incorrectly) the stealth is nonmagical, it might have been originaly (if you can prove it, i dont remember it being said anywhere in the game) but rogues use shadow magic all the time, why would they use non-magical stealth, surely magical would be harder to detect...
    and sure, shroud needs mastery of stealth, to hide FORTY people, (39 of which currently can be tauren or drenei btw), yet hiding ONE does not require such high skill, as we already know, as there are taurens and drenei rogues in lore and ingame, just not playable...

I'd expect the rogue to master regular sneaking first
    luckily, world doesnt revolve around you, so your expectations are moot point, tauren and EVERY other rogue can use magical stealth only, no need for "regular" sneaking other than you being stuck in the past (in which we didnt even know if stealth was non-magical, you just assumed that and stick to it as if its canon)...

seriously, your whole argument is "i think this is fact hence anything else is absurd"...
    you are free to have that opinion, however you are wrong, and proofs are all over the lore and ingame, as mentioned about hundred times in this thread

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    In the real world, deer are one of the stealthiest creatures on the planet. They have hooves. So it's not out of the question.
    im 100% sure by now all people claiming tauren cant be rogues due to hooves and size NEVER EVER seen a cow irl, they are massive, they have hooves yet they can be sneaky as hell
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-05-21 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    which have fuck all to do with my point that hiding one big person is easier than 40, yet you consider the easier thing absurd...
    Not what I said. I said that there was no indication that rogues originally used magic hence there needs to be a non-magical explanation for their stealth. Again, you're working your way backwards. You use a powerful late game ability to make an argument that anyone can become a rogue when prerequisite for learning this ability is being sneaky to begin with (which 8 foot tall cows are not).

please share with us where in vanila it was said that rogues stealth is non-magical, bcs if you cant then its just your ASSUMPTION, not a fact, you should look up difference...
    Please name a single classic rogue spell or talent that mentions the use of magic.

luckily, world doesnt revolve around you, so your expectations are moot point, tauren and EVERY other rogue can use magical stealth only, no need for "regular" sneaking other than you being stuck in the past (in which we didnt even know if stealth was non-magical, you just assumed that and stick to it as if its canon)...

seriously, your whole argument is "i think this is fact hence anything else is absurd"...
    you are free to have that opinion, however you are wrong, and proofs are all over the lore and ingame, as mentioned about hundred times in this thread
    You need to demonstrate why the assumptions is wrong. Is it wrong or unreasonable to assume that a warrior would have to learn how to hold a sword before he can blade storm? Same goes for basic sneaking -> advanced stealth magic especially when there used to be nothing magical about rogues in earlier versions of the game.

The game actually also distinguishes mechanically between stealth and a mage's invisibility. On a side note: do feral druids use shadow magic to sneak as well? And can they only use that shadow magic while transformed into a cat?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

5+ Year Old Account
    Please name a single classic rogue spell or talent that mentions the use of magic.
    So you for REAL thought that ability to become invisible right in front of everyone's eyes are just rogue being sneaky? lol and only DH magic eyes can catch up to this agile body moventment.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Taurens being able to become Rogues has ruined my enjoyment of this game, this was the FINAL STRAW SHAME ON YOU BLIZZARD. UNBELIEVABLE

Ghostly Strike.

Seems a bit weird to limit it to "classic" though, and this
    there used to be nothing magical about rogues in earlier versions of the game.
    Is objectively wrong when TBC had rogues teleporting and able to use cloak of shadows to cancel out magic, or enveloping shadows to avoid AoE.

In the vanilla manual, the entry for the [Stealth] ability says: "Places the rogue in stealth mode, Cannot be used in combat. White stealthed, the rogue turns transparent, and can sneak around enemies with a lower chance of being detected." Like, the fact that your rogue turns see-through when in stealth should have been a pretty big clue that stealth was something involving some sort of magic. That combined with the outright magic in ghostly strike should have told you rogues weren't just operating on skill alone, as if that made any sense AT ALL lorewise, when you have large groups of rogues in groups like the Wastewander bandits, stealthing in the middle of open deserts in direct sunlight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    In the vanilla manual, the entry for the [Stealth] ability says: "Places the rogue in stealth mode, Cannot be used in combat. White stealthed, the rogue turns transparent, and can sneak around enemies with a lower chance of being detected." Like, the fact that your rogue turns see-through when in stealth should have been a pretty big clue that stealth was something involving some sort of magic.
    It could just be the manual describing the ability in terms of game mechanics.

moose move thru woods with little to no sound. having over a 4 foot wide rack on their head doesnt help them at all. yet they seem to do it like its instincts......so why cant a highmountain tauren stealth?

1+ Year Old Account
    Lmfao wtf is this thread

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    moose move thru woods with little to no sound. having over a 4 foot wide rack on their head doesnt help them at all. yet they seem to do it like its instincts......so why cant a highmountain tauren stealth?
    Yeah but can they sneak into crates and throw smoke bombs? I don't see meese in the woods able to do triple backflips, vault rooftop to rooftop, and escape hordes of soldiers trying to catch them. The moment a Tauren tries to vault to a nearby rooftop they will fall through the roof and into the rooms below...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Haven't you been paying attention? The current devs don't care about adhering to the lore. You'll take your stealthy cows and your light wielding Orcs and you'll like it! *pukes*
    Yeah it’s really sad. I Remember the old days when they would only introduce new classes to races, they would try to find a way to justify it in lore. And if they couldn’t, it wouldn’t happen. Much like how we never got Draenei warlocks. It would have been the dumbest thing in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    In the vanilla manual, the entry for the [Stealth] ability says: "Places the rogue in stealth mode, Cannot be used in combat. White stealthed, the rogue turns transparent, and can sneak around enemies with a lower chance of being detected." Like, the fact that your rogue turns see-through when in stealth should have been a pretty big clue that stealth was something involving some sort of magic. That combined with the outright magic in ghostly strike should have told you rogues weren't just operating on skill alone, as if that made any sense AT ALL lorewise, when you have large groups of rogues in groups like the Wastewander bandits, stealthing in the middle of open deserts in direct sunlight.
    Likely a description of game mechanics. Also: do druids use shadow magic to stealth in cat form?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?