Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I was under the belief they were unable to be turned undead as Worgen, unless something I've missed? As that is what lore states through the quests in-game, and thus, the Worgen Death Knights weren't started as undead but slowly consumed by it.
    The val'kyr lost a lot of power after Arthas was killed. With him around they could, after he died they couldn't. That's why in the Silverpine storyline the survivors from Hillsbrad deliberately took the curse to protect themselves.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Likely a description of game mechanics. Also: do druids use shadow magic to stealth in cat form?
    Yeah! How could a magical druid capable of magically shapeshifting into several different creatures and a tree be capable of magically making themselves invisible.

Checkmate Atheists.
    Last edited by Thestrawman; 2022-05-22 at 12:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The val'kyr lost a lot of power after Arthas was killed. With him around they could, after he died they couldn't. That's why in the Silverpine storyline the survivors from Hillsbrad deliberately took the curse to protect themselves.
    That part I knew.

but now we're at a stage with no Lich King artifacts. Isn't Worgen then more protected from undeath now?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

bruh rogues don't even use physical stealth in lore. they use shadow magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That part I knew.

but now we're at a stage with no Lich King artifacts. Isn't Worgen then more protected from undeath now?
    Well, for the Cataclysm through BFA eras you'd be correct. However as of Shadowlands from what I've read the most recent death knights, to explain Blizz's decision to allow the class to all races, are that there were people approached Bolvar to be willingly changed into death knights for the power to protect Azeroth. Could be he can turn anyone who's willing as opposed to not or dead and unknowing.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

So a tauren feral druid doesn't exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Yeah! How could a magical druid capable of magically shapeshifting into several different creatures and a tree be capable of magically making themselves invisible.

Checkmate Atheists.
    If it's all just magic and has nothing do to with your physical form and actually being sneaky then why can they only stealth in cat form?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Likely a description of game mechanics. Also: do druids use shadow magic to stealth in cat form?
    Yes? It isn't just sneaking. It has never been just sneaking. Like, you do realize that Shadowmeld is also explicitly a stealth effect, not an invisibility effect, and is a magical power from Elune, right?

I also enjoy that you totally ignored me pointing out that rogues do use magic in Vanilla, and even more magic in TBC.

If it's all just magic and has nothing do to with your physical form and actually being sneaky then why can they only stealth in cat form?
    Why can they only dash in cat form and growl and roar in bear form? Despite bears and people being able to dash, and cats and people being able to growl or roar? Spells being form-locked doesn't mean that the other forms are incapable of doing that same thing, it means Blizzard decided that ability was relegated to a specific form. If you want a specific lore resolution for why druids are unable to use same shadow magic in other forms, it's because the magic itself is tied to taking on that cat aspect, much like the magic that lets them innately know where all nearby humanoids are.

10+ Year Old Account
    aren't there "broken" that can stealth? also tauren stealthing as druids is still tauren stealthing.

that said I have no idea what this argument is about..?

5+ Year Old Account
    "GAMEPLAY LIMITATIONS"- to make CAT form unique parody on rogue, since whole druid thing is Jack of all trades but master of none.

What if you were able to use Dash+Stealth and all paw/claw skills in bear form..... why even use Cat form then, if all it's skills can be used in Bear form?
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedruid View Post
    I don't see meese in the woods able to do triple backflips, vault rooftop to rooftop, and escape hordes of soldiers trying to catch them.
    I don't see humans doing that, either.

I can IMAGINE humans doing it. But I can also imagine tauren doing it.

Don't pretend like this isn't a case of ignoring real-life physics for one race, and suddenly protesting because it's not rigorously applied for another.

Please name a single classic rogue spell or talent that mentions the use of magic.
    absence of proof is not proof of absence, frostbolt description doesnt mention magic, do you think mages just have very cold hands?

You need to demonstrate why the assumptions is wrong.
    ehm... no? you said its not magical, you need to prove that you are right, not others that you are wrong... its called burden of proof, look it up...

The game actually also distinguishes mechanically between stealth and a mage's invisibility.
    sure it works differently, its most likely based on different type of magic, but thank you for pointing out mages can turn invisible using magic without ANY sneaking abilities whatsoever, completely destroying your own argument... good work

On a side note: do feral druids use shadow magic to sneak as well? And can they only use that shadow magic while transformed into a cat?
    druids, who use magic to do literaly everything including transforming into said cat? yeah, its pretty reasonable to assume they also use magic to turn invisible... why would it have to be shadow magic though? you can use the same (or similar) spels by gaining power from different sources... as you pointed out (still makes me laugh how you destroyed your own argument) with mages having invisibility... also hunters too afaik...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xVicarious View Post
    Lmfao wtf is this thread
    in a jist, bunch of "old" guys yelling "no, change is BAD!!" and people telling them the change is not even new

- - - Updated - - -

so he literaly proved you wrong, but you double down with "nah im still right despite having nothing but my opinion and assumptions"
    damn, it really is pointless trying to argue with you, you just put fingers in your ears and yell "change is bad!"...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    aren't there "broken" that can stealth? also tauren stealthing as druids is still tauren stealthing.

that said I have no idea what this argument is about..?
    there are also tauren (grimtotem) and drenei rogues at least since cata...
    its just bunch of people yelling how they dont like changes

10+ Year Old Account
    are they opening up DH to the other evles? cause that might warrant a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    are they opening up DH to the other evles? cause that might warrant a sub.
    afaik they want all race/class combo, but not right away, they wanted to make some lore (possibly some q lines) excusing some wilder combos, in 10,0 we get all races rogue mage and priest i believe

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Why can they only dash in cat form and growl and roar in bear form? Despite bears and people being able to dash, and cats and people being able to growl or roar? Spells being form-locked doesn't mean that the other forms are incapable of doing that same thing, it means Blizzard decided that ability was relegated to a specific form. If you want a specific lore resolution for why druids are unable to use same shadow magic in other forms, it's because the magic itself is tied to taking on that cat aspect, much like the magic that lets them innately know where all nearby humanoids are.
    Why do you think they chose the cat form and NOT the bear form for stealthing? Might it be the same reason why they didn't allow Tauren to be rogues?

Why do you think they chose the cat form and NOT the bear form for stealthing? Might it be the same reason why they didn't allow Tauren to be rogues?
    Because bear was built to be a fucking tank and cat was built to mimic rogues.

As amusing as it is watching you ignore all the points being made to keep attempting really dumb deflections into tangential arguments, and watching you try really, really hard to dance away from your whole original "rOgUeS aReN't MaGiC!!!!" point that was proven objectively wrong---I really have no interest in continuing to humor your constant side-stepping just because you feel the desperate need to save face after doubling down too many times on bad points.

So I guess enjoy continuing to be really angry about this very reasonable addition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course Tauren can stealth. How else would you explain the fact that we've never seen Tauren Rogues?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    A person could not possibly vanish from sight in an open field with no cover or concealment of any kind. THAT MAKES NO LOGICAL SENSE.

Fixed it for you
    You missed the joke, that's what you did.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Because bear was built to be a fucking tank and cat was built to mimic rogues.
    Why was the cat chosen to mimic rogues and not the bear?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    afaik they want all race/class combo, but not right away, they wanted to make some lore (possibly some q lines) excusing some wilder combos, in 10,0 we get all races rogue mage and priest i believe
    That's just not true. Never ever have they said or indicated anything like that lol.

The said that they want all races to be able to be warriors, priest, rogue and hunters, which was already the case besides rogues.

Don't expect DH's to be available to all classes, ever, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Why was the cat chosen to mimic rogues and not the bear?
    Not sure if trolling, but here you go:
    It's because lore-wise, the feral wild gods, such as Ashmane had this magical ability to do so and the bears had other traits. It's simple as that, physical appearance has never been a reason why something can stealth, as stealth and prowling are magical abilities. Thought this was pretty obvious...

Tauren not being rogues for so long was never because of their physical form, but it's because they didn't want every race to be every class back then (except warrior), purely for gameplay reasons(now they do the opposite, for the same reason). There have been tauren rogue enemies and npc's since vanilla.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2022-05-23 at 10:00 AM.