Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Where does it state we won't have a clone option for BC to Wrath? It's just stating the clone option from Vanilla to BC is going away.

    To me this sounds like they're closing down the Vanilla cloning, to make way for BC cloning.
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    what?tbc isnt staying?just vanila?
    https://tbc.wowhead.com/news/wowhead...elopers-326787
    It was revealed that there would be no "Era Realms" for Burning Crusade Classic, and the Burning Crusade Classic client will just transition into Wrath of the Lich King, without any option for players to do character clone services. Patrick Dawson also mentioning, this also doesn't rule out the possibility of a Burning Crusade Season in the future, it just means it won't be happening anytime soon.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

    "May the Goddess smile upon you."

    "Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    With GPU prices in the 1000-2000€, with gaming wattage in the 400-600W + monitor(s) and everything else, I am not sure if PC gaming is something you should keep as a hobby if the WOW subscription is a major deciding factor in your gaming budget.

    The WoW subscription is not even adjusted for the inflation yet.
    42$ a month is quite a bit for 2 people to play a single game.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - The subscription for WoW will be added to Gamepass Ultimate at no additional cost, mark my words.

  3. #23

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    The WoW subscription is not even adjusted for the inflation yet.
    Nor should it be unless you're arguing from the position of executives needing bigger bonuses.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    The WoW subscription is not even adjusted for the inflation yet.
    Instead of the price being adjusted in the monthly fee, it's been out of the game and content quality for nearly a decade. I'd rather have them adjust the monthly fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

    Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    The cost is your prohibiting factor? The game charging no money from the top down would change how you felt?
    If they're quibbling over 50c a day for the most expensive subscription offer then it's clear they're just looking for something to complain about so they can justify complaining.

    Especially considering they've never adjusted for inflation WoW is cheaper now than it was in 2004.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    It’s not about the 15 dollars being “too much”,
    It’s about not wanting to support these cash grabbing greedy practices. Warmane WoTLK is super popular at the moment with endless queues at zero dollars. Even if they shut it down; a thousand warmanes will be launched.

    They know classic realms are completely dead yet they want people to pay for discounted clones they will never ever touch anyway because nobody plays on these realms anymore. Everyone is disgusted by blizzard. People are back to pservers.
    The mental gymnastics here are boggling. How do you equate paying for a service you want with being the same as supporting a service you don't pay for?

    Also got to love supporting thieves. Way to be classy.

    Then we have the "everyone" agrees with my opinion and will do what I do argument.

    Digital piracy should include a 15 to life sentence.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Digital piracy should include a 15 to life sentence.
    The most moronic take I've heard in a hot minute regarding software piracy. Did you make the "you wouldn't steal a car" videos in the 00's?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    It should always have been a brand new toon with each server

    Wrath is going to be so fucked for new players (which there will be) because they don't have tens of thousands or more saved from GDKP runs, they should've been treated as entirely different games and require different characters
    You're acting as if there was any shot for new players to be on the level of a type of player that would have tens of thousands in gold. They wouldn't. There is no scenario where they would be. Currency in nearly every *popular* online game is inflated asf. Name one that isn't. I'll wait.

    TL;DR Your point is moot and irrelevant.

  8. #28
    Elemental Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    8,856
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Isn't Classic Era realms like, all dead?
    Dead? Nah. I tried out some realms that seem more active then Retail. They just gotta merge all into 1 realm though. Would be nice to see 1 massive realm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalphreak View Post
    The most moronic take I've heard in a hot minute regarding software piracy. Did you make the "you wouldn't steal a car" videos in the 00's?
    I saw my favorite MMO in high school destroyed after hackers broke in, took a copy of the game, and destroyed everything they could get ahold of. The game vanished for years before re-emerging a tiny shadow of what it was, that had dozens or hundreds of pservers competing with it, and eventually fell prey to worse than p2w practices. And why? Because the game was going from the free beta to a sub.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I saw my favorite MMO in high school destroyed after hackers broke in, took a copy of the game, and destroyed everything they could get ahold of. The game vanished for years before re-emerging a tiny shadow of what it was, that had dozens or hundreds of pservers competing with it, and eventually fell prey to worse than p2w practices. And why? Because the game was going from the free beta to a sub.
    Sounds like greed destroyed them.

  11. #31
    Why send all the TBC players back to private servers? Surely it wouldn't kill Blizzard to keep some servers open.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Isn't Classic Era realms like, all dead?
    For now, but don t forget it s also because tbc and som realms are currently running. Starting from wotlk classic I actually expect some people to go back to classic servers

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Sounds like greed destroyed them.
    Imagine if when WoW was ending its beta and going live someone hacked in, stole a copy of the game, put it out on the internet so anyone could make a pserver if they wanted, then destroyed everything on Blizzard's servers. WoW disappears for years and when it finally launches zones are half the size they used to be, half the professions are gone, half the classes are gone. All those guys running the private servers claim they're doing so cause they're fans or that they disapprove of how Blizzard is running things. But all they did was cause a downward spiral that killed the game.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Imagine if when WoW was ending its beta and going live someone hacked in, stole a copy of the game, put it out on the internet so anyone could make a pserver if they wanted, then destroyed everything on Blizzard's servers. WoW disappears for years and when it finally launches zones are half the size they used to be, half the professions are gone, half the classes are gone. All those guys running the private servers claim they're doing so cause they're fans or that they disapprove of how Blizzard is running things. But all they did was cause a downward spiral that killed the game.
    Sounds like retail.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Sounds like retail.
    Do you actually consider the posts you read or do you just use them as an opportunity to bash on WoW?

    I don't recall Blizzard having to sell themselves to another company, shut WoW down for 3 years, only to come back years later with half the game missing because hackers were butthurt.

    Add to the fact that the only way they were able to launch WoW in the first place was by cannibalizing all their other proejcts to cobble it together. So no HS, no HotS, no SC2, no D3.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2022-05-16 at 10:33 AM.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Dead? Nah. I tried out some realms that seem more active then Retail. They just gotta merge all into 1 realm though. Would be nice to see 1 massive realm.
    Guaranteed not more active than retail.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •