Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You haven't walked past or near 100 people in your life? Are you a two week old baby in an isolation unit?


    By your own stats, 1 in 10 people are some brand of gay. Do most movies, tv shows and games not have 10 people?


    But you are painfully the one who it matters to, the one who gives a shit, and the one who cares. As seen above in you being absolutely enraged that they are in "every single movie, tv show and game ever made".

    If it doesn't matter and you don't care, why are you rage posting right now instead of just playing the game and not caring if there's gay or trans characters?
    Wait. So what you are telling me, is that if i grab 100 random people from around the world. There is guaranteed 1-2 transgenders and 10 people identifying as part of the lgbt? There is simply no way i can get 100 random people from the billions who aren't trans or "some brand of gay" as you put it?

    Every group of 10 people must have 1 lgbt person in it based on the numbers i gave ?

    Then explain to me why my family, of over 30 people doesn't have a single one?

    And no my friend. I am not the one it painfully matters to. That's you adding your own narrative to what i wrote. I posted a comment to a post where this is the subject. I was making a point. And rage posting? There is simply no way you could have determined if i were rageposting or not, as you don't know me. you don't know my writing style, my language barriers or difficulties in convaying words. All parts of the complete picture and how sentences get portrayed

  2. #222
    This is only a reflection of their complete inspirational and intellectual bankruptcy that is glaringly obvious for years now. It is truly a sad state of affairs. As irony would have it, the biggest proponents of "diversity" - living in the illusion that forced diversity necessarily brings something to the table - are also the ones with the most blunt and inhumane approaches when it comes to hamfisting said diversity into art and entertainment.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Even liberals hate this stupid thing. Stop confusing "Corperate PR bullshit" with reality.

    Stop falling for rainbow capitalism.
    The term liberal has truly been misappropriated, misused and ultimately heavily abused.

    There's indeed nothing liberal about art generated by a computer and there's nothing liberal about a company whose art-driving workforce has to meet certain "diversity quotas", while having higher ups who specifically scrutinize them over it. I can only imagine the kind of intellectually oppressive atmosphere they must be working under over there.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2022-05-14 at 01:09 PM.

  3. #223
    Scarab Lord Polybius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    4,034
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Wait. So what you are telling me, is that if i grab 100 random people from around the world. There is guaranteed 1-2 transgenders and 10 people identifying as part of the lgbt? There is simply no way i can get 100 random people from the billions who aren't trans or "some brand of gay" as you put it?

    Every group of 10 people must have 1 lgbt person in it based on the numbers i gave ?

    Then explain to me why my family, of over 30 people doesn't have a single one?


    And no my friend. I am not the one it painfully matters to. That's you adding your own narrative to what i wrote. I posted a comment to a post where this is the subject. I was making a point. And rage posting? There is simply no way you could have determined if i were rageposting or not, as you don't know me. you don't know my writing style, my language barriers or difficulties in convaying words. All parts of the complete picture and how sentences get portrayed
    A small sample size that is your family is not statistically significant. Also, statistical biases exist (i.e. localization). Sorry to burst your bubble.

  4. #224
    High Overlord PsychoSe7eN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Two of the game's you listed sold incredibly well with overwatch doing something like over 20M and last of us 2 being the fastest selling PlayStation 4 game or some such, Don't Know about the other one's but those two didn't fail to meet any sale targets.
    Despite the fact TLOU2 sold well has nothing to do with the obvious backlash it got for it's content. Yea it sold well before players found out how controversial it was. Like any game. Wasn't Shadowlands one of the highest wow expansions sold to-date? Yet it is now seen as the worst expansion to date.

    You see where I'm going with this? Stop treating people like idiots or assuming they don't know what they are talking about. Check your facts first before presenting a dumb argument.

  5. #225
    Scarab Lord Polybius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    4,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    This is only a reflection of their complete inspirational and intellectual bankruptcy that is glaringly obvious for years now. It is truly a sad state of affairs. As irony would have it, the biggest proponents of "diversity" - living in the illusion that forced diversity necessarily brings something to the table - are also the ones with the most blunt and inhumane approaches when it comes to hamfisting said diversity into art and entertainment.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The term liberal has been misappropriated, misused and ultimately heavily abused.

    There's indeed nothing liberal about art generated by a computer and there's nothing liberal about a company whose art-driving workforce has to meet certain "diversity quotas", while having higher ups who specifically scrutinize them over it.
    Thank you, finally someone said it.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Sounds like you have a weak mental constitution and are easily radicalized by outliers on the internet.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If that is your takeaway from this tool then you don't understand it enough to have an opinion on it.
    It was literally made to prevent tokenism and make sure a character isn't just "The gay one".
    Exactly. Now they're the gay black disabled fat one. Because that generates a higher score.

  7. #227
    Diversity will never become normalized if companies use it as a promotional tactic. It's disgusting and exploitative.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    A small sample size that is your family is not statistically significant. Also, statistical biases exist (i.e. localization). Sorry to burst your bubble.
    What you are saying is just strengthening where i am coming from tho. Statistical biases and small sample sizes. The people most people meet in their life is a small sample size compared to the total population. And when transgenders are such a small part of the total percent. Then its highly unlikely you ever met one. But according to the comment i replied to, for every 100 unique people you meet, you are guaranteed to have met 1-2 transgenders. Which is just plain silly sausage

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    Despite the fact TLOU2 sold well has nothing to do with the obvious backlash it got for it's content. Yea it sold well before players found out how controversial it was. Like any game. Wasn't Shadowlands one of the highest wow expansions sold to-date? Yet it is now seen as the worst expansion to date.

    You see where I'm going with this? Stop treating people like idiots or assuming they don't know what they are talking about. Check your facts first before presenting a dumb argument.
    I personally cancelled my preorder for TLOU 2 CE because of how ND treated fans and content creators who called them out for telling lies to the fans. The guys working at the store that I'm a regular customer in asked me what was up because they had dozens of pre-orders cancelled and I never cancelled before. In the end the game sold for €14.50 only two to three months in.

    The effects of Naughty Dogs treatment towards the fans and franchise will show in future sequels. Time could mend some of the bad taste.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2022-05-14 at 01:21 PM.

  10. #230
    Scarab Lord Polybius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    4,034
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    What you are saying is just strengthening where i am coming from tho. Statistical biases and small sample sizes. The people most people meet in their life is a small sample size compared to the total population. And when transgenders are such a small part of the total percent. Then its highly unlikely you ever met one. But according to the comment i replied to, for every 100 unique people you meet, you are guaranteed to have met 1-2 transgenders. Which is just plain silly sausage
    Yeah, it's not guaranteed. Location bias can play a huge role, as in people with the same likes meeting in one particular location. You can be a small sample size and end up meeting 100% trans or any category you can think of, or the complete opposite and get 0.

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    Despite the fact TLOU2 sold well has nothing to do with the obvious backlash it got for it's content. Yea it sold well before players found out how controversial it was. Like any game. Wasn't Shadowlands one of the highest wow expansions sold to-date? Yet it is now seen as the worst expansion to date.

    You see where I'm going with this? Stop treating people like idiots or assuming they don't know what they are talking about. Check your facts first before presenting a dumb argument.
    Dont be so easily fooled - from memory they used the term "FASTEST selling expansion". which is obviously open to interpretation, and subject to the times - for example, TBC probably had extremely high physical box purchases, with MANY being the day of, since product shortages really were not a thing outside of HUGE mainline series releases, such as GTA etc. Now i would argue the overwhelming majority are purchased digitally. I had no issue ever rocking up to the local [Your Local Game Retailer] and purchasing things like expansions on release day.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurondarklord View Post
    Exactly. Now they're the gay black disabled fat one. Because that generates a higher score.
    Which "gay black disabled fat" character are you referring to? Or is that just made up bullshit to support a narrative?
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Nobody uses Online forums anymore.

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Wait. So what you are telling me, is that if i grab 100 random people from around the world. There is guaranteed 1-2 transgenders and 10 people identifying as part of the lgbt? There is simply no way i can get 100 random people from the billions who aren't trans or "some brand of gay" as you put it?

    Every group of 10 people must have 1 lgbt person in it based on the numbers i gave ?

    Then explain to me why my family, of over 30 people doesn't have a single one?
    You should take a beginners course in statistics.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurondarklord View Post
    Exactly. Now they're the gay black disabled fat one. Because that generates a higher score.
    Except the tool doesn't work like that. It's not just "+1 for every non-standard character trait".
    Also: gay, black, disabled and fat are 4 character traits, not one. It's pretty telling that you consider someone being any of these traits to be tokenism. When you have a black classmate, do you go complain to the school that he should be removed?

  13. #233
    Legendary! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    6,738
    ITT : really angry white men crying that they aren't angry.

    Really funny read not gonna lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    You should take a beginners course in statistics.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Except the tool doesn't work like that. It's not just "+1 for every non-standard character trait".
    Also: gay, black, disabled and fat are 4 character traits, not one. It's pretty telling that you consider someone being any of these traits to be tokenism. When you have a black classmate, do you go complain to the school that he should be removed?
    No, i shouldn't. the person i replied tho should however

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Really? Because ther own statement states it was developed by an outisde company then handed over and worked by committee.

    https://www.activisionblizzard.com/n...ity-space-tool
    The link you posted says:
    "According to King Globalization Project Manager Jacqueline Chomatas, once MIT handed over the basic software, the team at King spent the last few years honing and developing it, mostly as a volunteer effort. People were spending their off-hours working on the tool, simply because they believed in its potential so much."
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  16. #236
    In a world of war and craft, and where goblins can meet up with draeneis and satyres, if anyone think that a character needs to check the boxes of "Culture", "Age", "Body Type", "Facial features" to be a compelling character, then that person is quit delusionnal.
    Write better characters ; characters with cool backstories, character with compelling motivation, character with original personnalities. Wanting to check boxes like it just make them artifically closer to what exist in the real world, hence boring and flat.

  17. #237
    This would've been less controversial without the scoring system; it works for things like social class, but good luck trying to quantify how many WokePoints each sexuality is worth, for example.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    Despite the fact TLOU2 sold well has nothing to do with the obvious backlash it got for it's content. Yea it sold well before players found out how controversial it was. Like any game. Wasn't Shadowlands one of the highest wow expansions sold to-date? Yet it is now seen as the worst expansion to date.

    You see where I'm going with this? Stop treating people like idiots or assuming they don't know what they are talking about. Check your facts first before presenting a dumb argument.
    Perhaps, before telling others to check facts before presenting a dumb argument, you should check facts yourself.

    One poster weirdly claimed Overwatch and TLOU2 failed to meet sales goals.

    Lorgar points out both broke records.

    You claim "Yeah but that doesn't mean it was good!!!". Which...wasn't the topic, it was whether or not they were a financial success.

    Also weird comparison, since a game you can beat in one sitting isn't really able to be compared to a game that has ongoing content applied which can drastically affect how people look at it.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2022-05-14 at 01:52 PM.

  19. #239
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    24,532
    Been called an SJW many times. I hate the idea of this tool. It turns diversity, something we ought to strive for, into just another corporate cog. For once the people who harp about "gotta hit all the checkboxes" are right. Broken clocks.


    No one wants AI generated main characters. Seriously who thinks it is a good idea? Surely not writers and designers. Traits that define people are not a number and quantifying them in this case only emphasizes, patronizes non-normative traits. It can and often does come off as a little offensive. Tokenism.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  20. #240
    the team at King spent the last few years honing and developing it, mostly as a volunteer effort. People were spending their off-hours working on the tool, simply because they believed in its potential so much.
    Well, at least this "tool" didn't cost them a raid tier lmao

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •