Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
19
LastLast
  1. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    BoTh SiDeS

    What's it like being an NPC?
    its easier to be an NPC with no moral or ethical compass than to meet the bare minimum standards of being a decent human being.

    like, I'm not making the argument that cis-gendered straight men are groomers and pedos, even though they are guilty of that way more than trans people... but hey, again, trans people are the current boogieman for reactionaries of all stripes to pin their "concerns" on.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-05-14 at 09:13 PM.

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    its easier to be an NPC with no moral or ethical compass than to meet the bare minimum standards of being a decent human being.
    It does seem to be an odd part of being on the right. They see everything as extremes and act accordinly and assume everyone must be just like them in that regard. So if you're liberal that means you like and defend ALL liberal things. Heard of trans people grooming? Well it must be widespread and any information to the contrary is just lies!
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  3. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    It does seem to be an odd part of being on the right. They see everything as extremes and act accordinly and assume everyone must be just like them in that regard. So if you're liberal that means you like and defend ALL liberal things. Heard of trans people grooming? Well it must be widespread and any information to the contrary is just lies!
    because every right wing accusation is a thinly veiled confession.

  4. #324
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    ITT: the demographic historically pandered to the most complaining about pandering to minority groups.
    >pandered to the Most.

    No it's just the Main Demographic who supported and were fans of a Company for 20+ years getting pissed off that apparently everyone else but them is more worthwhile in the eyes of new "creators."

    White Males were the MAIN demographic for Videogames and "nerdy" things for decades, yet have been basically pushed aside now that it's popular to be "lolomgnerdy" and are consistently having their favourite franchises butchered by hack writing from dipshit leftwing cocksuckers.

  5. #325
    Brewmaster Goatfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Stars
    Posts
    1,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    BoTh SiDeS

    What's it like being an NPC?
    Pretty good, how does it feel imagining yourself in an oppressive patriarchal society where apparently tens of millions of people are secret KKK, Qanon, or "ultraMAGA" members that we need to war on and refuse to listen to? That sounds a lot more stressful to me than trying to at least respect that other people believe in something different and that they probably shouldn't be socially executed based off their beliefs rather than their actions.

    I can and do think some people are wrong. That doesn't have to mean that I think they should all be cut out of society and their opinions disregarded. I'm not on the side that thinks diversity and affirmative care are the only solutions to the problems in the world, and apparently that makes me someone who should be ignored. It's amazing to me how I always end up arguing with people that social influence is a real thing when it comes to trans, but on any other topic they are screaming about how cultural influence is shaping our minds to be inherently racist or whatever.

  6. #326
    That is just creepy

  7. #327
    Brewmaster Goatfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Stars
    Posts
    1,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    It does seem to be an odd part of being on the right. They see everything as extremes and act accordinly and assume everyone must be just like them in that regard. So if you're liberal that means you like and defend ALL liberal things. Heard of trans people grooming? Well it must be widespread and any information to the contrary is just lies!
    So are you saying that we shouldn't stop trans people grooming children because it's not widespread? I don't understand this logic. I'd like it if no one was grooming my kids, it just so happens that the woke gender ideology just happens to primarily come from alphabet people and their supporters and want to physically as well as mentally groom kids under the guise of "helping" them.

    It's funny how you insinuate that I am being extreme and imagining everyone is like me when I've been arguing for pages that people are different and we need to find ways to live with each other. When trying to understand your neighbors and why the believe what they do gets called fascism /smh...

  8. #328
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Pretty good, how does it feel imagining yourself in an oppressive patriarchal society where apparently tens of millions of people are secret KKK, Qanon, or "ultraMAGA" members that we need to war on and refuse to listen to? That sounds a lot more stressful to me than trying to at least respect that other people believe in something different and that they probably shouldn't be socially executed based off their beliefs rather than their actions.

    I can and do think some people are wrong. That doesn't have to mean that I think they should all be cut out of society and their opinions disregarded. I'm not on the side that thinks diversity and affirmative care are the only solutions to the problems in the world, and apparently that makes me someone who should be ignored. It's amazing to me how I always end up arguing with people that social influence is a real thing when it comes to trans, but on any other topic they are screaming about how cultural influence is shaping our minds to be inherently racist or whatever.
    Don't bother engaging with them. They both have religious stances about their belief system and if we don't support what we say "we are apart of the problem". It's the simple minded nature of religious doctrine where they don't have to take sides or acknowledge hypocrisy because they are always right. The funny part is the more we confront them about it the more hypocritical they become, the more they reinforce stereotypes and the more bigoted they become even if we are not discussing anything actually wrong.

    The funny part for me is that by not taking their side they just continue to throw assumptions onto their own mental pile in order to prove to themselves that they are, as always, right.

    Even when you watch them acknowledge that some "trans people are groomers" which we both know and have seen they still won't speak out against the ones who have been caught doing it they just redirect to <insert stereotypes we hate>.

  9. #329
    The Patient Chilela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Funposter Retirement Home
    Posts
    306
    I'm just glad that basically everyone ended up clowning on this so hard that Blizz had to end up doing damage control for it.

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    So are you saying that we shouldn't stop trans people grooming children because it's not widespread? I don't understand this logic. I'd like it if no one was grooming my kids, it just so happens that the woke gender ideology just happens to primarily come from alphabet people and their supporters and want to physically as well as mentally groom kids under the guise of "helping" them.

    It's funny how you insinuate that I am being extreme and imagining everyone is like me when I've been arguing for pages that people are different and we need to find ways to live with each other. When trying to understand your neighbors and why the believe what they do gets called fascism /smh...
    We should learn to live with each other!

    Except transpeople because everyone knows they're all child-grooming pedophiles, that is.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

    The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

  11. #331
    Honestly the real problem stems from people believing and teaching that representation matters.

    I'm an Asian in America and none of these woke corporations or Hollywood seem to care at all about including asians in their products, most of it seems entirely aimed at African Americans and LGBT+ crowd. And you know what? I'm perfectly okay with being ignored. You should be able to be inspired by or see yourself as any character, regardless of their skin tone, and to believe otherwise only feeds this racist tribalism notion.

  12. #332
    Herald of the Titans Clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Kamino
    Posts
    2,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    In a world of war and craft, and where goblins can meet up with draeneis and satyres, if anyone think that a character needs to check the boxes of "Culture", "Age", "Body Type", "Facial features" to be a compelling character, then that person is quit delusionnal.
    Write better characters ; characters with cool backstories, character with compelling motivation, character with original personnalities. Wanting to check boxes like it just make them artifically closer to what exist in the real world, hence boring and flat.
    And without dinner check box system your better characters with cool backstreets, compelling motivation, and original personalities all end up being white straight male. It's almost as of that doesn't guarantee diverse characters.

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Honestly the real problem stems from people believing and teaching that representation matters.

    I'm an Asian in America and none of these woke corporations or Hollywood seem to care at all about including asians in their products, most of it seems entirely aimed at African Americans and LGBT+ crowd. And you know what? I'm perfectly okay with being ignored. You should be able to be inspired by or see yourself as any character, regardless of their skin tone, and to believe otherwise only feeds this racist tribalism notion.
    That's why I only play non-human characters in MMOs or videogames... down with humanity.

  14. #334
    Without fail, threads like this always bring out the absolute worst of people on this forum (and beyond). It'd be sad if it wasn't so utterly predictable. Some of you are genuinely just massive pieces of shit.

  15. #335
    Brewmaster Goatfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Stars
    Posts
    1,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    Don't bother engaging with them. They both have religious stances about their belief system and if we don't support what we say "we are apart of the problem". It's the simple minded nature of religious doctrine where they don't have to take sides or acknowledge hypocrisy because they are always right. The funny part is the more we confront them about it the more hypocritical they become, the more they reinforce stereotypes and the more bigoted they become even if we are not discussing anything actually wrong.

    The funny part for me is that by not taking their side they just continue to throw assumptions onto their own mental pile in order to prove to themselves that they are, as always, right.

    Even when you watch them acknowledge that some "trans people are groomers" which we both know and have seen they still won't speak out against the ones who have been caught doing it they just redirect to <insert stereotypes we hate>.
    I personally enjoy just seeing how far down the rabbit hole they are willing to go. The beautiful thing about free speech is being able to expose the completely batshit and thoughtless ideas they decide to parrot back because they have never taken the time to validate their own beliefs in reality. Maybe it will give them prompts to think about over time, maybe all it does is expose that they really haven't thought about anything on the level of implementation and potentially never will. If nothing else, it helps me to better understand my own viewpoints and why I believe the things that I do.

    I enjoy having my beliefs challenged, they think that having beliefs other than theirs should lead to crucifixion. I leave it up to the reader to decide if they would rather live in a society where people might just challenge their beliefs vs one that will ostracize you for having the "wrong" beliefs.

  16. #336
    Immortal Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Forsaken Lands of Sweden
    Posts
    7,307
    This kind of spreadsheet is reaching World War 2 era levels of creepiness with how it measures facial features, beauty, ethnicity, etc. We're supposed to just smile and approve of them taking notes from early 20th century "research" of human biology. This is just wrong on so many levels.

    Also, yeah, this is totally what people want. Like everyone knows, the most beloved characters in fiction were all made with literal spreadsheets of checking off various boxes. It's not their personal stories of struggles and triumphs that made them who they are and so loved by audiences, but their ability to fit checkboxes. Corporate soulless drivel in every sense of the word.

    This company is dead to me.

  17. #337
    Brewmaster Goatfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Stars
    Posts
    1,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    We should learn to live with each other!

    Except transpeople because everyone knows they're all child-grooming pedophiles, that is.
    The difference is in "You can't believe that" vs "You can't do that". I'm actually alright if people think being a child grooming pedo is good, it's a valid thought even if wrong, and gives me room to articulate my beliefs against that subject. I am not alright when people perform child grooming or pedophilia. We don't need anyone playing thought police, but we do need actual police to stop clearly illegal action.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    And without dinner check box system your better characters with cool backstreets, compelling motivation, and original personalities all end up being white straight male. It's almost as of that doesn't guarantee diverse characters.
    Because having a story with all white straight males is inherently bad, even if factually accurate, and all white straight males are basically the same character with the same personality. We should definitely insert a bunch of diversity into the history of storming the beaches at Normandy so that people understand that things other than white straight males exist in other parts of society. /s
    Last edited by Goatfish; 2022-05-14 at 09:59 PM.

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    The difference is in "You can't believe that" vs "You can't do that". I'm actually alright if people think being a child grooming pedo is good, it's a valid thought even if wrong, and gives me room to articulate my beliefs against that subject. I am not alright when people perform child grooming or pedophilia. We don't need anyone playing thought police, but we do need actual police to stop clearly illegal action.
    Man, this is one of the most /whoosh moments I've seen on the Internet, grats. Keep spouting baseless and completely stupid shit and being surprised people react if you want to. This kinda take is like being a flat earther. You're technically free to be but don't be surprised if other people really don't want to hear about it.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

    The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

  19. #339
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    And without dinner check box system your better characters with cool backstreets, compelling motivation, and original personalities all end up being white straight male. It's almost as of that doesn't guarantee diverse characters.
    So "diverse" for you means different sexual orientation or different skin colors ? Who cares about sexual orientation, skin colors, facial features, etc ? Those are such minor details in the whole personanity. I'd much rather have 30 straight male, or 30 lesbian female that have compelling personnalities than a diverse bunch of 30 people with zero interest. So why bothering putting this on the front scene like it's a massive thing when those are such useless stuff

  20. #340
    Brewmaster Goatfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Stars
    Posts
    1,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Man, this is one of the most /whoosh moments I've seen on the Internet, grats. Keep spouting baseless and completely stupid shit and being surprised people react if you want to. This kinda take is like being a flat earther. You're technically free to be but don't be surprised if other people really don't want to hear about it.
    Thanks for calling my beliefs baseless and stupid. I'm sure you have plenty of studies that show that I don't really believe the things that I do, and have no reason to believe those things. It's amazing how the side of "personal experience is reality" is so ready to jump on other peoples experience as being vile and wrong. Apparently asking to be listened to only matters when the content is something you want to listen to.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    So "diverse" for you means different sexual orientation or different skin colors ? Who cares about sexual orientation, skin colors, facial features, etc ? Those are such minor details in the whole personanity. I'd much rather have 30 straight male, or 30 lesbian female that have compelling personnalities than a diverse bunch of 30 people with zero interest. So why bothering putting this on the front scene like it's a massive thing when those are such useless stuff
    C'mon, all white people are the same! I surely have the same beliefs and life experience as both Donald Trump and Joe Biden... basically the same person! We even look the same! /s

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •