Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    That's why they hate it, they don't want balance...they want a bunch of straight white characters and if it isn't full of straight white characters it's racist and straightphobic
    as a gay man, im SO over people like you making this dumb argument.

  2. #22
    From the Wowhead article on this:



    >brags about the tool being a way to avoid tokenism
    >literally adds points to a character for being more "woke" by design

    Yeah no fuck this


  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    From the Wowhead article on this:
    >brags about the tool being a way to avoid tokenism
    >literally adds points to a character for being more "woke" by design

    Yeah no fuck this
    Point isn't to get the highest score possible. It's to get a balanced character.

  4. #24
    Pandaren Monk rogoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    1,834
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    got any examples there, chief?
    battlefield 5: 'everyone's battlefield' rewriting the literal history of WW2 to shoehorn in some female lead character for brownie points with the woke brigade.

    overwatch: just in general since the beginning forcing tracer to be gay for the sake of being gay, zarya being ambiguous because of the 'butch lesbian tropes' attached to her, the whole gay undertones for soldier 76 i could go on but this should be enough to highlight.

    the last of us 2: i think it should speak for itself here, not to mention the narcissism boner neal had when self inserting into every possible thing all while calling the game a masterpiece.

    wolfenstein in the recent entries into the franchise.

    i could probably find more examples if i search but this is what comes to mind off the bat.

    retired march 2013 RIP - returned january 2016, purely because paladins finally get Ashbringer!

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by benting View Post
    as a gay man, im SO over people like you making this dumb argument.
    channels like The Quartering (existing) really doesn't make their argument any less valid, sorry.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    battlefield 5: 'everyone's battlefield' rewriting the literal history of WW2 to shoehorn in some female lead character for brownie points with the woke brigade.

    overwatch: just in general since the beginning forcing tracer to be gay for the sake of being gay, zarya being ambiguous because of the 'butch lesbian tropes' attached to her, the whole gay undertones for soldier 76 i could go on but this should be enough to highlight.

    the last of us 2: i think it should speak for itself here, not to mention the narcissism boner neal had when self inserting into every possible thing all while calling the game a masterpiece.

    wolfenstein in the recent entries into the franchise.

    i could probably find more examples if i search but this is what comes to mind off the bat.
    and none of that has to do with the overall quality of the product? it's just that it's "woke" and therefore bad.... because you say so.

    I can come up with plenty of reasons why those games suck and are falling off and none of them have anything to do with being "woke".

    like are you really going to cry "SJW nonsense!" about a game that centers around you killing Nazi's? really?
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-05-14 at 03:20 AM.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    overwatch: just in general since the beginning forcing tracer to be gay for the sake of being gay, zarya being ambiguous because of the 'butch lesbian tropes' attached to her, the whole gay undertones for soldier 76 i could go on but this should be enough to highlight.
    It's enough to highlight the sort of person you are, yes.

  7. #27
    Over 9000! Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    9,092
    Quote Originally Posted by benting View Post
    as a gay man, im SO over people like you making this dumb argument.
    Because it's true? Truth can be annoying, doesn't make it any less true

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Because it's true? Truth can be annoying, doesn't make it any less true
    sorry hun, the world is more complex than you think

  9. #29
    Over 9000! Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    9,092
    Quote Originally Posted by benting View Post
    sorry hun, the world is more complex than you think
    Not really....not when I've seen the same insecure straight white men claim there is no such thing as racism then cry racism when they race change a white character.

    You can ignore it all you want, but it is that way cupcake

  10. #30
    What i just don't get is why does everything have to be so retarded now days? Transgenders, 1-2% of the worldwide population. lgb is what. 10 or so percent worldwide?

    Chances that you have ever seen a transgender walking past you or near you irl is slim to non. So most people have probably only ever seen one on TV. So why the actual fuck is now written in stone that they have to be in EVERY single movie, tv show and game ever made? And a characters sexual orientation, why does that even matter? When im at the hospital, i don't give a shit if my nurse or doctor is gay. They are there doing a job, and everything beside that, is non of my business. So why do we need to know a characters sexual orientation in movies, shows etc? It shouldn't matter to anyone. I don't care if the bad guy im about to kill is gay or not. I care about why he is the bad guy im there to kill. And more often than not now. The only important backstory for gay characters, is that they are gay and everything else is a second thought, this is fucking backwards.

    We are gonna reach a point where they realize that pleasing the minorities by pissing of the vast majority, won't make you more money. Make good shit for everyone, instead of preying on a marginalized group to get their money as their money is the important part

  11. #31
    Imagine for a second, you revesed those ''good traits'' To be ''bad traits'' An voila, you now got something the nazi's whould come up whit in a Wolfenstein game.

  12. #32
    People dont realise that this is not wokeness. Actiblizzking is so incompetent that they think they need fucking algorhitms to promote diversity. Whats next on the table, frenology?

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    What i just don't get is why does everything have to be so retarded now days? Transgenders, 1-2% of the worldwide population. lgb is what. 10 or so percent worldwide?

    Chances that you have ever seen a transgender walking past you or near you irl is slim to non. So most people have probably only ever seen one on TV.
    You haven't walked past or near 100 people in your life? Are you a two week old baby in an isolation unit?

    So why the actual fuck is now written in stone that they have to be in EVERY single movie, tv show and game ever made?
    By your own stats, 1 in 10 people are some brand of gay. Do most movies, tv shows and games not have 10 people?

    And a characters sexual orientation, why does that even matter? When im at the hospital, i don't give a shit if my nurse or doctor is gay. They are there doing a job, and everything beside that, is non of my business. So why do we need to know a characters sexual orientation in movies, shows etc? It shouldn't matter to anyone. I don't care if the bad guy im about to kill is gay or not. I care about why he is the bad guy im there to kill.
    But you are painfully the one who it matters to, the one who gives a shit, and the one who cares. As seen above in you being absolutely enraged that they are in "every single movie, tv show and game ever made".

    If it doesn't matter and you don't care, why are you rage posting right now instead of just playing the game and not caring if there's gay or trans characters?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    People dont realise that this is not wokeness. Actiblizzking is so incompetent that they think they need fucking algorhitms to promote diversity. Whats next on the table, frenology?
    yeah... it's so absurd how desperate and clawing at what they think "being woke" is that they just mange to be even more racist. actual fucking phrenology went into making this.... and let me tell you, no one is falling for it.

  15. #35
    Pandaren Monk rogoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    1,834
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    channels like The Quartering (existing) really doesn't make their argument any less valid, sorry.

    - - - Updated - - -



    and none of that has to do with the overall quality of the product? it's just that it's "woke" and therefore bad.... because you say so.

    I can come up with plenty of reasons why those games suck and are falling off and none of them have anything to do with being "woke".

    like are you really going to cry "SJW nonsense!" about a game that centers around you killing Nazi's? really?
    the games i listed were and are so woke to the point it caused them to fail to meet sales targets, as well as see massive player drop off due to the sheer amount of box ticking performed that detracted from the overall gameplay not even getting started on the plethora of bugs and other issues that have become normal it seems these days.

    in the case of battlefield, yes, because not only is nowhere near historically accurate, it is also a slap in the face to those who died in the darkest point of human history which is in the early stages of being repeated thanks to a hitleresque dictator in vladimir putin, and anybody who doesn't find what was done for this game offensive needs to take a series look at themselves.

    in regards to wolfenstein i couldn't care less, the last time i played a wolfenstein game it was on my first frankenstein built PC back in the 90's, i only know of the recent controversy due to the headlines that went flying around everywhere online at the time, and if it caused so many negative headlines and lack of sales then yes, it had a DIRECT IMPACT on the quality of the game, i don't know what 5th dimension metrics you are using to measure these kinds of things but that to me is an immutable fact.

    retired march 2013 RIP - returned january 2016, purely because paladins finally get Ashbringer!

  16. #36
    You people in favor of this, I'm assuming most of you are either American or European, have you ever seen an American person in an anime (for example?) and though to yourself how stupid that representation looks and feels?
    Your attempts at representing our cultures feel just as stupid, I don't want to see what you think a Chinese lady does (Look at Mei from overwatch, we Chinese roll our eyes at this character because it feels like something an American would think a Chinese is more than what a Chinese person thinks a Chinese person is)
    I prefer if my Chinese dramas don't have white people in them, and they never do, you'll never see a white person in a Chinese drama, I also prefer if my western games don't mix in our culture without understanding it.
    There is a saying, write what you know, I think this tool will create strange stereotypes, wildly inaccurate characters that shame their native cultures and disgusting tokenism, nothing more.

  17. #37
    Pandaren Monk rogoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    1,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's enough to highlight the sort of person you are, yes.
    and what kind of person is that exactly?, i'm genuinely curious to see what level of mental gymnastics you're going to perform to bash me, lemme just give you a heads up, i'm good friends with a trans individual, i have several gay friends at work, and i know at least 6 other gay people from my childhood that i'm still friends with after not being in school now for 17 years, so tell me please how much of a 'misogynist' i am, or whatever other ist/phobe you wanna throw at me in your pathetic attempt to question my character on an online forum, can't wait to read what pearls of wisdom you're going to throw out.

    retired march 2013 RIP - returned january 2016, purely because paladins finally get Ashbringer!

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    the games i listed were and are so woke to the point it caused them to fail to meet sales targets, as well as see massive player drop off due to the sheer amount of box ticking performed that detracted from the overall gameplay not even getting started on the plethora of bugs and other issues that have become normal it seems these days.

    in the case of battlefield, yes, because not only is nowhere near historically accurate, it is also a slap in the face to those who died in the darkest point of human history which is in the early stages of being repeated thanks to a hitleresque dictator in vladimir putin, and anybody who doesn't find what was done for this game offensive needs to take a series look at themselves.

    in regards to wolfenstein i couldn't care less, the last time i played a wolfenstein game it was on my first frankenstein built PC back in the 90's, i only know of the recent controversy due to the headlines that went flying around everywhere online at the time, and if it caused so many negative headlines and lack of sales then yes, it had a DIRECT IMPACT on the quality of the game, i don't know what 5th dimension metrics you are using to measure these kinds of things but that to me is an immutable fact.
    OW was a giant success when it first came out, no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

    TLOU Pt.2 was also a rousing success, again, no idea what you're talking about.

    the only one you mentioned that can be argued meets the "failed" category is woflenstien and battlefield, and those both have way more to do with performance and microtransactions and battle passes.

    I'm sorry but all you're doing here is trying to play your own ignorant biases off as facts.

    the fact that gaming companies use crunch and still shit out half baked projects to meet the stockholders demands is not being woke, that's corporate incompetency.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-05-14 at 03:43 AM.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    and what kind of person is that exactly?, i'm genuinely curious to see what level of mental gymnastics you're going to perform to bash me, lemme just give you a heads up, i'm good friends with a trans individual, i have several gay friends at work, and i know at least 6 other gay people from my childhood that i'm still friends with after not being in school now for 17 years, so tell me please how much of a 'misogynist' i am, or whatever other ist/phobe you wanna throw at me in your pathetic attempt to question my character on an online forum, can't wait to read what pearls of wisdom you're going to throw out.
    The sort of person who thinks a female character having a girlfriend is "being forced to be gay".

    "waaaah some of my best friends are gay" lmao, okay.

  20. #40
    Pandaren Monk rogoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    1,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    You people in favor of this, I'm assuming most of you are either American or European, have you ever seen an American person in an anime (for example?) and though to yourself how stupid that representation looks and feels?
    Your attempts at representing our cultures feel just as stupid, I don't want to see what you think a Chinese lady does (Look at Mei from overwatch, we Chinese roll our eyes at this character because it feels like something an American would think a Chinese is more than what a Chinese person thinks a Chinese person is)
    I prefer if my Chinese dramas don't have white people in them, and they never do, you'll never see a white person in a Chinese drama, I also prefer if my western games don't mix in our culture without understanding it.
    There is a saying, write what you know, I think this tool will create strange stereotypes, wildly inaccurate characters that shame their native cultures and disgusting tokenism, nothing more.
    yes, and they are almost always without fail depicted as the dumbass of the class, and/or the generally incompetent member of a group and needs constant recognition, and as someone who has watched over 870 anime series and 122 anime movies, i can say this is (with some very niche picks) the universal depiction of Americans in anime that i have seen.

    as for the other points you make i agree wholeheartedly but we both know that thanks to gender and sexuality politics that's rampant across the US it's not gonna change any time soon sadly.

    retired march 2013 RIP - returned january 2016, purely because paladins finally get Ashbringer!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •