Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    im not denying that their reason for mentioning their sexuality isnt to score social points,companies arent people,they would be pro slavery if the political climate was favorable to it

the thing i have an issue with is people are ofended by their sheer existance no matter what,if there is a gay person in ANY show,at ANY time...for ANY reason,you lot go berserk
    You should stop tilting at windmills. The issue right now is that this ridiculous gender shit is all any of us hear about anymore. It's literally consumed the media landscape, partially because of things like the Oscars I believe has quotas to put these people into any show that wants to get nominated. So it's not just one show, but nigh every show, and it's usually not important to the greater narrative at all so it's obviously put in place for social points and nomination potential. Quotas have always been bad, people hate them, and they hate being reminded of them by seeing them in action on every major production.

Do you think it's possible that most of these people don't actually hate gay people, but hate that they are being propped up front and center in everything coming out because some award show made that a requirement? I'm gay and I find it fucking disgusting. Can you imagine being the person hired and wondering if the only reason you got the roll was because you were helping them meet a quota?

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    legitimate question, to all of you: at what point is it going to dawn on you that these obvious cynical attempts at PR are going to become obvious enough for you to catch on to them being nothing but obvious cynical attempts at PR? with no actual agenda beyond trying to make bad press go away?
    I've been wondering that for a decade now. At least conservatives get something to grandstand against. But do people who are sympathetic towards the ideals being espoused really have to take this pandering and infantilization?

It's not just an obvious smoke screen. The way diversity is being handled isn't discernible from a deliberate attempt at painting it in a bad light and slowly callusing the audience against it to the point it can't help but to reject it wholesale.

At least if it was well-intentioned ham-fistedness there would be a way to negotiate this and have a conversation about how to be more intelligent and respectful about this. But the intention is to use that conversation to only amplify the noise so no legitimate criticism can ever connect.

im not denying that their reason for mentioning their sexuality isnt to score social points,companies arent people,they would be pro slavery if the political climate was favorable to it

the thing i have an issue with is people are ofended by their sheer existance no matter what,if there is a gay person in ANY show,at ANY time...for ANY reason,you lot go berserk
    Take Arcane. There's seriously queer themes in that show, and I'm sure a bunch of edgelords picked up on it and cranked out some videos around disparaging it. But by and large the themes don't dominate the show, it's not forcing anything down the audience throat and the reception is overwhelmingly positive.

A big part of of why these themes landed much better is because the writers went out of their way to flesh out the characters, everyone was a compromised individual. The protagonists occasionally showed their own hypocrisy and the antagonists were still humans with their own fears and dreams.

Arcane shows that you can have diverse and progressive themes without insulting people's intelligence. By being sincere about it.
    Last edited by Iain; 2022-05-14 at 08:20 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    That's a rather hurtful assumption there. I personally don't have any problem with natural diversity in a show. But right now it's pretty much forced into all shows like a mandatory formula. It's so blatantly obvious that it just ruins the immersion because it brings politics into entertainment.
    There is 2 types of people
    white people and political people
    there is 2 sexualities
    straight and polticial
    there is 3 genders
    male female and politcal

Do you see the issue with saying a gay person simply existing is "forced political"
    when a show shows a romance between a guy and a girl and they fall in love and kiss its normal
    but when a show shows a romance between two guys and they fall in love and kiss its political
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account

did you miss the memo?, in America slavery is legal, and is encouraged in fact, and not only that but demanding change in any way causes politicians to loose their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Do you see the issue with saying a gay person simply existing is "forced political"
    What part of natural vs forced confuses you so?

Any current show being made these days starts with a formula that says you must include at least 1 gay/lesbian, a black actor in a big role that isn't evil, a person with a disability, a transgender, a female with a shaved head and a white person who is evil.

The story comes secondary.
    Last edited by Zalraki; 2022-05-14 at 08:48 AM.

I took the piss out of it before, but the more I look at this diagram the more questions I have.

1. Torbjorn is Swedish and so obviously has no culture, fair and good. But Lucio is Brazilian and Zarya is Russian and only rank at a 4 out of 10 on the culture-o-meter? If Bulgakov and Dostoevsky can only scrape together 4 points, what culture should I follow to maximize?
    2. Lucio is black but only gets around 6/10 on the ethnicity meter. Which ethnicity would allow someone to cap out?
    3. Torbjorn is only missing one arm and eye and ranks as 8/10 on being disabled? Is disability graded on a curve? If he were blind would that let him cap out or would he be stuck at 9 and have to lop off limbs to hit 10.
    4. Zarya is large, but not obese. She's an 8 out of 10. Would she have to resemble a sphere to get the 10? If she were a stick figure would that rate higher or lower?
    5. Zarya is a woman and so has 5/10 where the men get 0 points. Would any further combination put her at a straight 10 or would we have to mix and match?

Theorycraft how to optimize the ultimate diverse organism.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    There is 2 types of people
    white people and political people
    there is 2 sexualities
    straight and polticial
    there is 3 genders
    male female and politcal

when a show shows a romance between a guy and a girl and they fall in love and kiss its normal
    but when a show shows a romance between two guys and they fall in love and kiss its political
    I feel like you understand what is happening but are being intentionally bad faith. I don't feel it's normal and I'm gay, it's obviously forced and I don't like seeing my sexuality being put on a pedestal and shoved in peoples faces. I can be swimming in gay media, there is literal tons of BL content if you look for it, it doesn't need to be inserted into every show.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    5. Zarya is a woman and so has 5/10 where the men get 0 points. Would any further combination put her at a straight 10 or would we have to mix and match?

That obviously supports "man bad" narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    I took the piss out of it before, but the more I look at this diagram the more questions I have.

1. Torbjorn is Swedish and so obviously has no culture, fair and good. But Lucio is Brazilian and Zarya is Russian and only rank at a 4 out of 10 on the culture-o-meter? If Bulgakov and Dostoevsky can only scrape together 4 points, what culture should I follow to maximize?
    2. Lucio is black but only gets around 6/10 on the ethnicity meter. Which ethnicity would allow someone to cap out?
    3. Torbjorn is only missing one arm and eye and ranks as 8/10 on being disabled? Is disability graded on a curve? If he were blind would that let him cap out or would he be stuck at 9 and have to lop off limbs to hit 10.
    4. Zarya is large, but not obese. She's an 8 out of 10. Would she have to resemble a sphere to get the 10? If she were a stick figure would that rate higher or lower?

probably needs to be a latino/asian hybrid for culture i reckon

for ethnicity maybe ironically have a hyrbid british woman of pakistani/indian + european descent

for max points on sexual orientation the only thing i can think of is omnisexual, whereby the individual is a match for all living creatures

for body type it's obviously looking for the butch lesbian trope, however if made more feminine to hide some of the overt muscle mass as seen with zarya it might score a perfect 10?

i think 'ability' can be synonymous with intellect so for that maybe someone like 'mercy' for a perfect score, is able to not only create previously unthinkable things, but is able to use them to great effect too.

as for the rest i have no clue, over to you for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I think there's a big misconception here: it's not a a demand and/or outcry from the fans for more diversity... it's the developers. Even the article starts off with the survey that has nothing to do with what players want, it's purely the developers' desires at companies. From the links provided in the article, the big takeaway is that it comes off as a highly suspect survey with the main intent to find a certain outcome.
    IT'S. ABOUT. THE. FUCKING. LAWYERS. Every day and night.

This is performative stuff that they toss out there in an attempt to keep the legal system from coming down any harder on them than they already have. Activision/Blizzard, especially but not only Blizzard, has royally fucked up. They need to make frequent and public amends to appease the many, many lawyers that see them as ripe for the picking.

That's what this is about. Apologizing for fucking up as badly as they have, more or less condoning it through HR policies and then covering it up.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I'm not even sure what I should be mad at: The fact this thing even needs to exist, or the fact that they actually needed to spend 6 years (so far), a metric fuckton of money and resources, and a development team to construct an AI program/algorithm to do this instead of just... using their goddamn brains.

You want to talk diversity? Capcom was one of the first companies to release a game with a diverse cast of characters. That game was called Street Fighter. And that was back in 1987, and has gone on to become one of the most successful gaming franchises ever. In case anyone hasn't noticed, that was 35 years ago. The cherry on the top? No one gave a shit about diversity back then in their videogames, but it still happened.

Even in modern times, Overwatch itself is diverse as fuck. Overwatch is basically the FPS equivalent of Street Fighter. Did they need a goddamn AI to make its cast? No, of course not, because people have brains. They wanted a cool cast of characters from different backgrounds, different countries, different agendas, and they put them all in a game that went on to do really well.

Now? Now, reading this, it makes me feel like one of two things (or both) are happening:
    1. They're a bunch of braindead idiots, along with the rest of the game design industry, that don't know how to make anything other than straight white male characters. Now they need an AI to figure out if anything else is "accurately represented". The art of character design and creation is now lost.
    2. This is purely to meet the expectations of the optics, optics who don't play their games, will never play their games, or who simply don't give a shit about games in general.

I thought Lucio was bisexual.

This is just a distraction from the real news.

Activision Blizzard is union-busting in the middle of the union election by Raven Software game testers.

They've fired 12 team members, transferred others to different departments, and are now threatening promotions and benefits.
    https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/st...09226721857536
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

watch more South Park

part 1

part 2

i don't understand why we cant treat race as something that's not important and should not be a factor
    why do these people keep saying your race matters

im guessing its because victimhood gives you power and allows you to attack people and harm others
    then there are people who promote a victim mentality and will make a normal person think they are victimized when they are just normal like everyone else

idk there are a lot of sick people out there doing a lot of harm mostly just for attention or ignorance
    Last edited by Daish; 2022-05-14 at 08:57 AM.
    10 reports = instant ban without GM review (people need to be in different guilds or you will need more reports)
    you can organize a 11th person in your discord to provoke the person you want banned then report for literary no real reason... anything that can be considered "toxic" is a valid reason for the ban to stay on the account and will not be removed
    https://youtu.be/OcSiCgFDYhY

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    watch more South Park

i don't understand why we cant treat race as something that's not important and should not be a factor
    why do these people keep saying your race matters
    Because this is a chart made by an HR committee and you're attributing it to others. Chances are people from minority groups werent even consulted on this, or if they were they knew to nod their heads and keep their mouths shut.

Also good job on falling for South Park's gaslighting episode.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

"Our political stance is that we want to make money. That's why we're using a tool designed to make it look like we actually give a shit about your issues in order to get you to give us your money. Now buy our shit, faggots "

It's always been obvious that their attempts at capitalising on the current social thing (notably LGBT stuff) was bullshit and they didn't actually care, but it's never been quite as clear as this. I truly hope no one's gonna fall for it

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    I'm not even sure what I should be mad at: The fact this thing even needs to exist, or the fact that they actually needed to spend 6 years (so far), a metric fuckton of money and resources, and a development team to construct an AI program/algorithm to do this instead of just... using their goddamn brains.

You want to talk diversity? Capcom was one of the first companies to release a game with a diverse cast of characters. That game was called Street Fighter. And that was back in 1987, and has gone on to become one of the most successful gaming franchises ever. In case anyone hasn't noticed, that was 35 years ago. The cherry on the top? No one gave a shit about diversity back then in their videogames, but it still happened.

Even in modern times, Overwatch itself is diverse as fuck. Overwatch is basically the FPS equivalent of Street Fighter. Did they need a goddamn AI to make its cast? No, of course not, because people have brains. They wanted a cool cast of characters from different backgrounds, different countries, different agendas, and they put them all in a game that went on to do really well.

Now? Now, reading this, it makes me feel like one of two things (or both) are happening:
    1. They're a bunch of braindead idiots, along with the rest of the game design industry, that don't know how to make anything other than straight white male characters. Now they need an AI to figure out if anything else is "accurately represented". The art of character design and creation is now lost.
    2. This is purely to meet the expectations of the optics, optics who don't play their games, will never play their games, or who simply don't give a shit about games in general.
    Nah, this is obviously a 23D chess plan created by minority cabal to turn the frogs gay. Wake up!

And before some overzealous mods that doesnt check context reads this, big fucking /s.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    "Our political stance is that we want to make money. That's why we're using a tool designed to make it look like we actually give a shit about your issues in order to get you to give us your money. Now buy our shit, faggots "

It's always been obvious that their attempts at capitalising on the current social thing (notably LGBT stuff) was bullshit and they didn't actually care, but it's never been quite as clear as this. I truly hope no one's gonna fall for it
    Right wing nutjobs already fall for it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hahahaha, you westerners are so fucked up. Can't stop laughing about this culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Right wing nutjobs already fall for it.
    Well, that's hardly a surprise. No one gets quite as excited for anything regarding LGBT or black people as much as they do

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post

they hire people who believe this and become part of their company

this is not exactly manipulative or fake

these people are like an infection they are part of Blizzard they are Blizzard anyone inside the company who stands up against them will likely be fired and the problem will keep getting worse
    10 reports = instant ban without GM review (people need to be in different guilds or you will need more reports)
    you can organize a 11th person in your discord to provoke the person you want banned then report for literary no real reason... anything that can be considered "toxic" is a valid reason for the ban to stay on the account and will not be removed
    https://youtu.be/OcSiCgFDYhY