Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It is no longer about the stories game creators want to tell, it's about which stories creators can create with computer generated characters that are programmed to be as diverse as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    oh yeah,the prison system is bad in usa also,but not because its ''slavery'',its bad for entirely different reasons
    Actually it is exactly slavery. Its written into law that slavery is illegal in the US, except in the cases of incarceration.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barendon View Post
    It is no longer about the stories game creators want to tell, it's about which stories creators can create with computer generated characters that are programmed to be as diverse as possible.
    Welcome to mass media. You do realize that, say, the Marvel movies are also created by committee too yes? They often have multiple writers and rarely does is the director also a writer.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    someone didnt read, this has nothing to do with blizzard, its a king creation.

or you gunna start complaining about candy crush now?
    You missed the part where it's going to be spread across ABK and then offered to the entire industry? We have every right to say "Hey, we want characters driven by a good story, not a tickbox."
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

The scale is the inverse of degrees of kevin bacon but instead of kevin bacon its a straight white guy

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Actually it is exactly slavery. Its written into law that slavery is illegal in the US, except in the cases of incarceration.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to mass media. You do realize that, say, the Marvel movies are also created by committee too yes? They often have multiple writers and rarely does is the director also a writer.
    I don't watch marvel films, but even if marvel movies are created by a committee, I don't see how it's really the same as what I said. Marvel don't have computer generated characters. Those characters have been created way before those movies were made, and yes - I suppose marvel chooses a character they want to make a movie about and then writes a story around those characters. Cool thing tho, they don't have to try so hard, since there are countless stories already to tell on each character.. So I disagree about the comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    That doesnt mean prison = slavery lol

Imagine being such a raci.. incompetent company that you need a system for.... this...
    Maybe we will finally see crossdresser reaper since you know Blizzard is such a progressive company, it be a shame not to add tra... something like this in the game

While its nice to have Diversity in games, this is a silly tool honestly, It makes people think
    "Now we need to make a Character for our game, Jerry give me my check list, Yes we make them this, that and this and that, there now we have the most Diversity character ever!"

It reminds me of games which are like

"Im a gay character, and I need you to do this for me, because Im so gay, also could you devlier this to my gay boyfriend who is also gay, I jsut miss him so much because hes my boyfriend did I mention im gay, Hurry up now, Dont keep ym gay boyfriend waiting, Did I mention Im gay?"

It doesnt seem natrual, and the moment you Put lights all over it being like "Look at me im Diverse!" It loses its meaning, and looks more like pandering/annoying.

For example look at the Gay couple in Ardenwelde, all was said was "forgive my Husband he is like that sometimes" and that was it, it wasnt rammed down your throat, and seemed Natrual

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Apparently the backlash of this tool has made them rethink or acknowledge that it was in testing not something they are using. which proves when both sides of the internet spectrum are pissed and laughing at you, you done fucked up xD

https://www.wowhead.com/news/activis...y-space-327055
    I have to wonder who does their pr...

I would apply to but I would want the entire combined wage of their current department. Honestly it would be good value for money compared to what they have now.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    why dont you lose your shit when a show has 100% heterosexual couples?but when a show with a cast of 100+ has ONE queer couple,you lot lose your minds and call it forced automaticaly,what is even the difference in your mind from a natural one vs a forced one?i would love to have your amazing instict and queer detection skils
    Do try not to get your panties in a bunch. Not every criticism or different opinion immediately constitutes 'losing your shit', racism or bigotry.

Imagine going to a restaurant that you've been to many times before, with a varied menu. Suddenly the owner decides that from now on, every dish should be served with curry sauce all over the plate, regardless of the suitability. And if you don't like that then you must be a bigot. That's you in a nutshell.

I have a feeling that most people actually playing their games would get a single digit score on this scale.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I have a feeling that most people actually playing their games would get a single digit score on this scale.
    Ture I am a white male scum, 0 on everything for sure. I am half Jew so maybe it's +1 on ethnicity, but then I am half evil Russian, so it's back to 0. Dam, I am not viable as appropriate Activision Blizzard character, spreadsheets say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Ture I am a white male scum, 0 on everything for sure. I am half Jew so maybe it's +1 on ethnicity, but then I am half evil Russian, so it's back to 0. Dam, I am not viable as appropriate Activision Blizzard character, spreadsheets say so.
    Well, according to the graph with Zarya you get some culture pity points for being part Russian.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Eh... This is something that I'd probably have been better off not knowing existed.

I'm all for diversity, inclusiveness, and representation, and if the tool works to help create more characters that are well-written and diverse before they're exposed to me, then that's awesome. As far as my part as a consumer of media goes, it really doesn't matter too much to me how many iterations of 'not diverse enough' a cast of characters goes through before the final iteration is exposed to me, as long as the end result is well-written and tastefully presented. But just the knowledge that the tool is present and potentially influencing that media before it gets to me is a little... odd. I don't know how to describe it properly.

This can’t be even more stupid, can it?

The very mention of features such as race, sex, deviations etc should never be in the game. The game should never mention character’s sexual orientation, like never ever, unless it’s absolutely required by the game because it’s a sexually themed game.

The same for every other feature you might think of.

“Diversity” is not about having the same proportion of deviants and non-deviants represented in a game or a movie or across company’s personnel charts in general; it’s about NOT CARING ABOUT SUCH FEATURES unless the features themselves are the core concept of the movie/game/company

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    That doesnt mean prison = slavery lol
    You dont know much about the American prison system do you, or do you think they just stay in cells all day?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Do try not to get your panties in a bunch. Not every criticism or different opinion immediately constitutes 'losing your shit', racism or bigotry.

Imagine going to a restaurant that you've been to many times before, with a varied menu. Suddenly the owner decides that from now on, every dish should be served with curry sauce all over the plate, regardless of the suitability. And if you don't like that then you must be a bigot. That's you in a nutshell.
    That's very far fetched, it sounds like you get agitated when a restaurant offers other options outside their niche. It's pure business and they want to reach an untapped market. You don't have to like an entire cast to enjoy a show, the fast forward button exists for a reason. You're not being forced to read a story or play a certain character.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2022-05-14 at 12:12 PM.

As soon as I saw the word Diversity in the title, I was completely bored, unengaged, and disinterested.

this program is 100% a waste of time, energy, and money. Whoever these jokers are, they conned blizzard out of $.

If they really "took feedback to heart" we'd be seeing a lot of different things from the company. Housing? Deaf ears. CoD abandoning WZ in favor of traditional maps? Deaf ears. A new starcraft? Deaf ears... etc etc

Also, would they support diversity in taiwan or hong kong? or is it just for us lowly westerners?

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Are you tired of characters marred by writers putting in their own thoughts and attitudes forever tainting franchises by denying them mathematically generated token characters?

Well wait no more the future is now!

https://www.activisionblizzard.com/n...ity-space-tool

"Everything woke, turns to shit."

Just look at every single IP they have touched and ask yourselves. Is it better? Or did they destroy the IP by bringing in their left wing politics? The answer at this point with this left wing activism and radicalism is obvious. Even their own radicals can't deny they are doing it anymore because it is so out in the open. Remember, diversity simply means "chasing down the last white person". Because "diversity" of race is ONLY applied ONE WAY and to reduce the numbers of ONE race.