Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This actually explains a lot regarding the Dracthyr design...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Nah. Japanese games are the best theyve been since the early 2000s while western games are god awful these days. Weird the monoculture is better at something than the die culture
    Japanese games tend to be headed by individuals who are given free reign to go about realizing their vision. Its why JP games are often cited as an individual's game whereas in the west is attributed to the whole studios.

Again, you're attributing a decline to the wrong thing. Even games that dont go for diversity often have the same general decrease in quality.

Hell, look at WoW. Its sharp decline in quality came many MANY years before they started up the ol rainbow capitalism with going for diversity and inclusion.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2022-05-14 at 05:51 PM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

uh idk my mind instantly goes to mcdonalds and stuff like that.
    like it's probably a great tool that'll be expanded even more to churn out lots of cheap mobile games without much input from actual people.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    you're huffing some weapons grade hopium saying that, it's been a well documented fact that no game development company has managed to make a compelling game that appeals to everyone while maintaining their box ticking agendas.
    We used to have lots of good diversity, especially on TV when I was growing up. 90's TV was great for it. Then we had badass females in video games ranging from Samus to Lara Croft to Claire, Veronica and Jill Valentine in the Resident Evil video games. And we got great storytelling in lots of games through the early 2000's as well. But now everything tries to be like Fortnite where diversity means jack all because multiplayer games with little story doesn't really give justification to the characters having backstories because they don't impact anything in the narrative because that doesn't exist. Or the games that don't have stories and character development that is more shallow than drowning in a puddle.

They categorized characters based on race and sexuality. Man, the Führer would be so proud.

Also imagine being such a disgusting employer that you have to expend half your resources showing people how not bad you really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    1:As a gay man, being gay is definitely only about the sex. Are you trying to imply that someone can be gay without a sexual attraction to the same sex?
    2: There are 2 reasons for this. Firstly is because Hollywood has basically mandated that you MUST add these "marginalized groups" to every show. Secondly because the implementation is always awkward, feels unnatural to the setting, or plays off stereotypes of what California liberals think all gay people look and act like.
    You forgot my favourite. Added in the background by characters completely irrelevant to the plot so we can easily purge any trace of them for more 'delicate' markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    They categorized characters based on race and sexuality. Man, the Führer would be so proud.

Also imagine being such a disgusting employer that you have to expend half your resources showing people how not bad you really are.
    Again. They only even showed this to distract from something horrible they're doing.

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/st...09226721857536

Activision Blizzard is union-busting in the middle of the union election by Raven Software game testers.

They've fired 12 team members, transferred others to different departments, and are now threatening promotions and benefits.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Hell, look at WoW. Its sharp decline in quality came many MANY years before they started up the ol rainbow capitalism with going for diversity and inclusion.
    but it's so much more satisfying for some people to blame blue haired westerners than their incompetent bosses.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Japanese games tend to be headed by individuals who are given free reign to go about realizing their vision. Its why JP games are often cited as an individual's game whereas in the west is attributed to the whole studios.

Again, you're attributing a decline to the wrong thing. Even games that dont go for diversity often have the same general decrease in quality.

A whole studio where there's literally hundreds of employees should be following the creative vision of only a select few, hence why most studios have a creative director, an executive producer and maybe a narrative director. I'll take Doom Eternal as a good example. The game was made by a big team, but the vision was one created by less than half a dozen individuals. And it was really well received. Games that are dysfunctional are a representation of the environment they were created in where too many people had a say or there wasn't a singular vision among the creative leads.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKarateDeathCar View Post
    Ya know I often wonder about this too. I'm gay myself but like never played a game or watched a movie and thought "oh noooooeeees I don't feel represented here!". It's not something that never even really crossed my mind tbh. I don't understand where this sudden need to feel represented in all forms of media really came from and how it became the absolute #1 issue for people.
    because reactionary neck beards get YouTube views for bitching about it.

no one would bat an eye or give a passing thought except for a certain mindset that feels the need to "reeEEEEEEEE-" whenever a woman or non white person gets a role in a comic book movie.

look im in favor of all of the woke stuff everyone hates when it comes to representation, but using a "tool" to create only diverse characters i assume thaat means white males just dont exist? thats just as wrong as the opposite and saying only white males exist, such a thing is wrong, i think humans can create diverse characters without an AI.. how cynical dumb and counter productive blizzard are, in fact blizzard was already good on those kind of things in game, and nothing to do with their workplace accusations

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder where Bisexual and Pansexual lie on the meter?

+2 for Bi and +1 for Pan? what about Asexual?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Why do you need to feel represented? What the fuck does this even mean? I'm gay and I don't feel represented at all by the portrayal of gay people in media.
    Good for you.

I'm not you, am also gay, and I feel differently.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I wonder where Bisexual and Pansexual lie on the meter?

+2 for Bi and +1 for Pan? what about Asexual?
    It's a good question and how does it all interact with each other?

Does a black character score higher or lower for being evil then a caucasian or Asian character?

This is such a dystopian view I'm intrigued to learn more...

Does being fat and crippled weigh more if you are young or less if you are old. I have questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    That's why they hate it, they don't want balance...they want a bunch of straight white characters and if it isn't full of straight white characters it's racist and straightphobic
    Personally I would rather creators make whatever characters they want, without corporate interference for checking boxes. If someone wants to make a story about generic white dude adventurer that's fine if they want to make a story about generic black girl adventurer that's also fine. Personally I'm more in favor of player defined characters but that requires huge budget investments so it's not always feasible.

Also quantifying people by their gender race sexual orientation is kind of ick honestly it's like assigning points to someone based on their skin color in job applications.

So glad I stopped giving any money to this company years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    ????

I have no idea who or what you are actually responding to here.

or, never mind, I do, and it's that you see a blatantly contradictory statement and are somehow incapable of noticing the contradiction.
    "we should all be accepting of other people's differences, unless you're trans, in that case even the gays think you're gross."
    So we should all be accepting of other people's differences now? That didn't seem to be the case with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It looks to be the exact opposite, actually. A token character on this system displays very easily because their chart is skewed entirely in one direction, and your overall game chart is easy to read for token-ality, because you have a very low score (1 token character and 9 characters without that token feature would average to a very low score).

What it generates is in theory a very balanced cast of balanced characters. Because it doesn't say "we need an X characater next" (which again, will not help the average) but rather "we need more X representation in general" (which will balance the numbers).
    There in lies the problem. There doesn't need to be more of X represented at all. A game doesn't need an equal amount of everything, based off of checkboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    So we should all be accepting of other people's differences now? That didn't seem to be the case with you.
    IDK why I would need to sit here and explain the difference between accepting things that are intrinsic to a person's being is not the same as accepting ideas and opinions that are from the jump bigoted and based in either fear, hatred or shame. but here I am, explaining it to people I assume are old enough to pay their own taxes...
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-05-14 at 07:21 PM.

So it's a tool where you can put in your characters backround and it tells you, wether you build something unique and interesting or a just the next version of "the kind hearted healer girl" or "black brawler dude with a heart of gold" or whatever other trope you can come up with?

Sounds unbelievably harmless?
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."