Question Macro command to disable Voice Dialog

Many years ago, I needed a 1-button macro I could click to enable or disable Background Music.

I found it:

Code:
    /run Sound_ToggleMusic();
    It's worked great for years, and is a quick and easy toggle for the times I wish to turn the Backround Music off or back on again.

Now I need the same for NPC voices.

I can go into the Options menu (System/Audio) and tick or untick the box for DIALOG... but that's too time consuming. I just need a 1-click macro button in my UI.

I haven't found anything in my Google searches, and experiments with swapping keywords in the above Music macro have been unsuccessful.

Anyone know the Command Line for toggling NPC Dialog?

That shouldn't work, since GetCVar returns a string. You need to use tonumber in order for 1-v to work.

/run local k,v="Sound_EnableDialog" v=tonumber(C_CVar.GetCVar(k)) C_CVar.SetCVar(k,1-v) print("Dialogue "..(v==1 and "Disabled" or "Enabled"))
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Many years ago, I needed a 1-button macro I could click to enable or disable Background Music.

I found it:

Code:
    /run Sound_ToggleMusic();
    It's worked great for years, and is a quick and easy toggle for the times I wish to turn the Backround Music off or back on again.

Now I need the same for NPC voices.

I can go into the Options menu (System/Audio) and tick or untick the box for DIALOG... but that's too time consuming. I just need a 1-click macro button in my UI.

I haven't found anything in my Google searches, and experiments with swapping keywords in the above Music macro have been unsuccessful.

Anyone know the Command Line for toggling NPC Dialog?
    You know ctrl+m is default for turning the music off or on. No macro required

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNotSmilesTimes View Post
    You know ctrl+m is default for turning the music off or on. No macro required
    and ctrl+s for sounds. I use both all the time

I was going to mention that there's a keybind for music, but they specifically mentioned they wanted to click something.

Also, the default ctrl+s turns off Sound Effects, Ambience, and Dialog, but OP just wanted a Dialog toggle. Below is the function that runs when using the sounds keybind:

Code:
    function Sound_ToggleSound()
        if ( GetCVar("Sound_EnableAllSound") == "0" ) then
            ActionStatus:DisplayMessage(SOUND_DISABLED);
        else
            if ( GetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX") == "0" ) then
                SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX", 1);
                SetCVar("Sound_EnableAmbience", 1);
                SetCVar("Sound_EnableDialog", 1);
                ActionStatus:DisplayMessage(SOUND_EFFECTS_ENABLED);
            else
                SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX", 0);
                SetCVar("Sound_EnableAmbience", 0);
                SetCVar("Sound_EnableDialog", 0);
                ActionStatus:DisplayMessage(SOUND_EFFECTS_DISABLED);
            end
        end
    end
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

The macro works as-is. Must be getting automatically cast or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    /run local ...
    This works great! Thank you so much.

(Hopefully the day will come where Blizzard separates the NPC reaction emote dialog when you click them, and the spoken voice lines played only during quests, so you can activate one but not the other.)
    Last edited by thottstation; 2024-01-20 at 12:01 PM.