replace map pin with tomtom waypoint

anyone know an addon that can take the default map pin (especially when from a chat link) and 'translate' it into a tomtom waypoint instead? I really hate the Blizzard one since you can only have one at a time, it uses a huge pin that covers more of the map than tomtoms small but visible dots and doesn't have the waypoint arrow

Does ALT-Rightclick do what you want/need to do? It places a Tomtom pin instead.

Option 1:

I made a macro that will create a TomTom waypoint every time you click a "Map Pin Location" link:
    /run hooksecurefunc("SetItemRef",function(_,l,m,x,y,t)if l then l,m,x,y,t=l:match("\124H(.-):(.-):(.-):(.-)\124h.*\124a%s?(.-)%]") if l=="worldmap" then TomTom:AddWaypoint(tonumber(m),tonumber(x)/10000,tonumber(y)/10000,{title=t,from=CHAT,})end end end)
    You must run this macro only once every fresh UI load (after you login and after a reload).

Option 2:

Install this weakaura: https://wago.io/MapPinToTomTom

This will also remove the Blizzard waypoint at the same time and prevent the map from opening when clicking a Map Pin Location link, both functionalities can't fit into the macro.

Option 3:

Go to https://addon.bool.no and paste this (does the same thing as the weakaura):

Code:
    local f=CreateFrame("frame")
    f:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_LOGIN")
    f:SetScript("OnEvent",function(self)
      self:UnregisterEvent("PLAYER_LOGIN")
      local MapStatusUpdate=function()
        C_Timer.After(0.1,function()
          MapPinToTomTom_IsMapShown=WorldMapFrame:IsShown()
        end)
      end
      WorldMapFrame:HookScript("OnShow",MapStatusUpdate)
      WorldMapFrame:HookScript("OnHide",MapStatusUpdate)
      hooksecurefunc("SetItemRef",function(_,link)
        if link and TomTom then
          local linktype,mapID,x,y,linktext=link:match(
              "\124H(.-):(.-):(.-):(.-)\124h.*\124a%s?(.-)%]")
          if linktype=="worldmap" then
            TomTom:AddWaypoint(tonumber(mapID),tonumber(x)/10000,
                tonumber(y)/10000,{title=linktext,from=CHAT,})
            C_Map.ClearUserWaypoint()
            if not MapPinToTomTom_IsMapShown then
              HideUIPanel(WorldMapFrame)
            end
          end
        end
      end)
    end)

Make sure you scroll the code box for all of the code. Then download and unzip into Interface\AddOns like you would any other addon.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2022-06-05 at 06:38 PM. Reason: added weakaura option
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

thanks, that's a big help!

The addon TomPoints does exactly what you want.

These are its Configurable Options, copied directly from its curseforge page:
    • Option to always add a map pin, regardless if you have TomTom or not
    • Option to share Map Pin links when you share TomPoints waypoints
    • This allows people without TomPoints to view the links you share (shift+click the links with the chat box open to share)
    • Option to replace Blizzard's Map Pin Location links with TomPoints links
    • This makes it so you can shift-click them to share, and not have the map automatically open all the time if you click them

I was looking for the exact same thing as you, came across this thread in my search, and when I found the addon I decided to make an account here so I could let you know about it too, sorry for the necro :)