Poll: How do you feel about the Dracthyr and Evoker?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you like the Dracthyr and/or Evoker?

Hello guys,

I am aware that there was a previous poll on the matter. Sadly, it was presented as a double barreled question and doesn't allow us to properly read the results at all, so I figured I'd try to dispell any weird claims by separating the answers.

Personally, I'm very excited for both and hoping to main one, though I have my reservations about the current presentation of the Dracthyr.

1. Not being able to show mogs is just weird. I can hide them anyway if I want to use my own scales as armor.
    2. Being forced to wear a costume to ride my dragon (and possibly other mounts?) is even weirder. Dragon riding dragon is only weird if you make it weird, and you are still a dragon behind your silly elf costume.
    3. Last but not least, I'm not opposed to the androgynous model, but I also like that slightly touched up one with the more defined jaw and shoulders, I just don't want a steroid gorilla preferably, we already have quite a few of those to scratch that itch.

Kind of difficult to gauge the class at current when we only have a couple spells and no feel for what its actual rotation and kit look like.

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    2. Being forced to wear a costume to ride my dragon (and possibly other mounts?) is even weirder. Dragon riding dragon is only weird if you make it weird, and you are still a dragon behind your silly elf costume.
    I doubt it's about a dragon riding a dragon. Probably more than with the large wings and tail, it's difficult to get the Dracthyr-form model to work at all on typical mounts without severe clipping issues. It's one thing with the tiny tail that Dreanei and Pandaren have (just goes off to the side a bit), but Dracthtyr's tail is close to body length, so not sure how you'd deal with that.

Evoker is a great idea. Soythyr is a terrible furry shit that doesn't resemble a dragon. Blizzard should create a masculine model option for them to allow normal people to enjoy something else than spider lizard from deviantart.

Btw. this poll won't answer if someone likes the model. For example I'm all for Evoker class and Dracthyr race but I disagree with how the race looks like.
    Last edited by Auburst; 2022-05-14 at 08:55 PM.

I do enjoy both. Idk how Evoker will be gameplay-wise, but thematic is very cool and unique. Won't be my main, but maybe first alt for opposite faction.

For the Dracthyr, well... I will definitely prefer the bulkier version for my character (even if we haven't seen it yet), but I would be fine with the current look as well. They are warcraftish and tied to europe's medieval original concept of them.

Voting both because there isn't a "I like both, but improvements can be made". Then again I assume that people realize that's the case from almost anything.
    Dracthyr should get some more stuff, but overall yeah, it's cool.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Btw. this poll won't answer if someone likes the model. For example I'm all for Evoker class and Dracthyr race but I disagree with how the race looks like.
    The poll is "do you like the Dracthyr?" not "do you like a hypothetical different version of the race but catering to your personal tastes?" If you don't like the current version, then obviously the answer is that no, you don't like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The poll is "do you like the Dracthyr?" not "do you like a hypothetical different version of the race but catering to your personal tastes?" If you don't like the current version, then obviously the answer is that no, you don't like them.
    This has been mentioned to this person several times, but he just keeps belittling and berating the WoW dev teams work with comments like Soy.

I like both I am quite happy with the New race class combo idea and I will definitely be maining it.

I doubt it's about a dragon riding a dragon. Probably more than with the large wings and tail, it's difficult to get the Dracthyr-form model to work at all on typical mounts without severe clipping issues. It's one thing with the tiny tail that Dreanei and Pandaren have (just goes off to the side a bit), but Dracthtyr's tail is close to body length, so not sure how you'd deal with that.
    Yeah, that makes a lot of sense to me.

I just really hope they change their mind about forcing dracthyr onto one of the new mounts, though. Ideally, they'd be able to enhance their own flying abilities when they level up dragonriding, not have to depend on the mount. Nothing stops any dracthyr player from going into visage form and riding their tricked out customized dragon if they want to, but they shouldn't have to.

More than anything else, I think that's my biggest worry about the race currently. That and wondering whether or not tier sets will at least partially show on the dracthyr model.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the idea of Evoker, but I dislike the whole dracthyr part because I think it is unnecessary.
    Dragon form could easily be a class feature in the same way as shapeshifting is a feature of Druids. In my opinion, it would be much better for Evoker to be just a hero class available for many races.
    However, there are some things I already dislike about Evoker:
    1) Only two specs. I don't like this tendency from DH. Classes should have 3 specs, it is a standard.
    2) Red magic for same reason in DPS spec (Alextraza is a Lifebinder and she is also a healer in HoTs), while Bronze magic is in healer spec (Chromie is a DPS hero in Hots and she uses time AND sand magic). Black Dragonflight is no represented at all, at least from what was shown.
    3) Dragon model is ugly. Really ugly. It has terrible proportions from artistic point of view and the idea of naked humanoid looks weird.

Dracthyr part is just male belf and female human with some weird mess of colorful customization. They look like a race from any Korean MMO, not Warcraft. Don't like it at all.

Overall, I think Evoker is a great idea burred below terrible design decisions.

5+ Year Old Account
    where is mine "I dislike the Dracthyr, and indifferent to Evoker"
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Yeah, that makes a lot of sense to me.

I just really hope they change their mind about forcing dracthyr onto one of the new mounts, though. Ideally, they'd be able to enhance their own flying abilities when they level up dragonriding, not have to depend on the mount. Nothing stops any dracthyr player from going into visage form and riding their tricked out customized dragon if they want to, but they shouldn't have to.

More than anything else, I think that's my biggest worry about the race currently. That and wondering whether or not tier sets will at least partially show on the dracthyr model.
    Yeah, if the upgrades were applied to the dracthyr flight (in relevant areas, limit it outside just like with travel form), I'd shut up about the costume riding thing for at least that expansion, just give us some sort of option if we really want to avoid using visage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    where is mine "I dislike the Dracthyr, and indifferent to Evoker"
    That's fair, it was short sighted of me to only include a generic indifferent option sorry!

I like both, I just want them to wear a full set of armor and have transmog options.

1+ Year Old Account
    I just really hope they change their mind about forcing dracthyr onto one of the new mounts, though. Ideally, they'd be able to enhance their own flying abilities when they level up dragonriding, not have to depend on the mount.
    I think they stated that the drakthyr would be a self-mount with the dragonriding thingy, but I cant quite remember if that's exactly what they said so take it with a grain of salt.
    "Lol" said the scorpion, "lmao"

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The race looks derpy and awful.

The class could be interesting or damaging depending how the whole hold down a button thing pans out for game feel.

I think if they cut the race and made the class available to all races then I’d be more hyped but what’s done is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnaroo View Post
    I think they stated that the drakthyr would be a self-mount with the dragonriding thingy, but I cant quite remember if that's exactly what they said so take it with a grain of salt.
    From what I read, they'd only have access to the most basic level of dragonriding, and in order to enhance it any further, they'd have to use the mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Hello guys,

I am aware that there was a previous poll on the matter. Sadly, it was presented as a double barreled question and doesn't allow us to properly read the results at all, so I figured I'd try to dispell any weird claims by separating the answers.

Personally, I'm very excited for both and hoping to main one, though I have my reservations about the current presentation of the Dracthyr.

1. Not being able to show mogs is just weird. I can hide them anyway if I want to use my own scales as armor.
    3. Last but not least, I'm not opposed to the androgynous model, but I also like that slightly touched up one with the more defined jaw and shoulders, I just don't want a steroid gorilla preferably, we already have quite a few of those to scratch that itch.
    I am enjoying the information about the race for now, and well also the class idea, but I am hating that the race is limited to that one class, I don't mind that the class is limited to one race.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Evoker is a great idea. Soythyr is a terrible furry shit that doesn't resemble a dragon. Blizzard should create a masculine model option for them to allow normal people to enjoy something else than spider lizard from deviantart.

For someone who keeps using furry as a insult, you seem super obsessed with animalistic race...I guess we know whats hidden in your browser history

1+ Year Old Account
    in order to enhance it any further, they'd have to use the mount.
    Wait really? Oof so they’d just have DH glide then… wow..

Yeah, hope that’s not the case…
    "Lol" said the scorpion, "lmao"

It can be interpreted as the combination of Evoker and Soythyr as class-race combo. The question is too vague.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    For someone who keeps using furry as a insult, you seem super obsessed with animalistic race...I guess we know whats hidden in your browser history
    Yeah because I wanted Dragonsworn class for a long time and this shit is cancer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    This has been mentioned to this person several times, but he just keeps belittling and berating the WoW dev teams work with comments like Soy.

I like both I am quite happy with the New race class combo idea and I will definitely be maining it.
    Why wouldn't I shit on this objectively terrible model. It has no redeeming qualities.
    Last edited by Auburst; 2022-05-15 at 08:23 AM.

I like both, but I still have my concerns about the race/class.

1. Dracthyr seem to have great amount of customizations for both dragon and visage forms, but you'll be in your Dragon form most of time, as we've seen with worgen. That feels like resources put to visage form are kind of wasted, given this form will be up for very limited time.

2. Visage form being locked to blood elf/human models seem to be forced.

3. Dragon form transmog limitations are extremely strict. I guess all can understand inability to t-mog back pieces because of wings, but the rest should be available. Tauren, worgen and vulpera have already models based on animal forms.

4. Dracthyr being Evokers is also controversial. Even with Dracthyr being made as special soldiers, that does not really mean they need to be only Evokers. Warriors and hunters always make sense for any race. With the Powers of Blue, Red and Bronze dragonflight, mage seem to be obvious choice, Black dragonflight (uncorrupted) could lead to shaman, Green dragons opens Druid class (Dragon druid forms anyone?). Warlocks and priests would also work I guess.

5. We don't know much about Evokers so far. I got my concerns with Empower mechanics in PvP. With all classes having interrupts and CCs, I fear that it will be hard to benefit that mechanic fully... But that is to be seen when we actually see how the class works, what talents it will have, etc.