Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Over 9000! Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    9,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Wewlad View Post
    Acting pedantic doesn't help your case.
    Tossing accusations because you don't like the truth isn't helping your case

  2. #82
    Dreadlord Molvonos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Everywhere, Nowhere, Anywhere
    Posts
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    We are animals...so in other words people hate the truth when it doesn't align with their feelings
    We are animals, yes.

    We are intelligent beings capable of rational thought and understanding.

    We are human beings that fall in the same line of nature's laws as any other animal; there are animals that practice homosexual tendencies, there are animals that are transgender, there are animals that are monogamous or polyamorous.

    There are also animals that kill each other for territory, does that make it ok for us?

    There are animals that kill and rape other species (Dolphins and Seals, in particular for this example), does that make it ok for us?

    There are animals that slaughter the young of another male, just so their own line can propagate rather than another genetic lineage. Again, does that make it ok for us?

    People need to stop using 'We are animals' as an excuse to do stupid shit. Animals are animals, they'll only ever be themselves. You can 'fuck the feelings' aspect of your post, because it doesn't make any damn sense in the context we're talking about. Holy shit.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

  3. #83
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    43,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Tossing accusations because you don't like the truth isn't helping your case
    Not really a good response by copying what he said. Saying "we are animals" isn't some justification for any weird behavior or anything thats "questionable"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelthefox View Post
    Because for many, they feel it's just a sex thing and should be forbidden from forums.

    Like this thing that someone said



    When it was just a video of Majira Strawberry.

    I think most misunderstand what furry is about.

    Even someone who researched furries said there is discrimination against furries.



    from some who have researched furry





    I found a lot of studies about furry fandom. And they're all saying the same exact thing:furry is just a innocent hobby, listen to what the studies say.

    I think also part of the hate against furries is partly motivated by homophobia.

    I saw some tweet from a person who was on the Somethingawful forums who said that part of the hate against furries was in fact motivated by homophobia.

    There is also a article on the internet titled "If You Hate Furries, You’re Anti-LGBT"



    Why am i posting this thing here?

    Because for some reason i can't post it where i want till i have about 20 posts, this information needs to get out, and i feel i shouldn't have to wait till 20 posts to post it in the right forum.

    It's in the same mental illness realm that causes people to nearly completely ignore humans and fall in love with animals.


    A Furry is just the modern day version of the crazy cat lady. Putting labels on everything and trying to normalize issues will never solve any problems.

    Just look at how blizzard is using race/sexual orientation rating to design characters.
    Last edited by Drench; 2022-05-15 at 12:03 AM.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    We are animals, yes.

    We are intelligent beings capable of rational thought and understanding.

    We are human beings that fall in the same line of nature's laws as any other animal; there are animals that practice homosexual tendencies, there are animals that are transgender, there are animals that are monogamous or polyamorous.

    There are also animals that kill each other for territory, does that make it ok for us?

    There are animals that kill and rape other species (Dolphins and Seals, in particular for this example), does that make it ok for us?

    There are animals that slaughter the young of another male, just so their own line can propagate rather than another genetic lineage. Again, does that make it ok for us?

    People need to stop using 'We are animals' as an excuse to do stupid shit. Animals are animals, they'll only ever be themselves. You can 'fuck the feelings' aspect of your post, because it doesn't make any damn sense in the context we're talking about. Holy shit.
    There's also animals that eat their own young. I guess that means it's totally ok for humans to do it too by that person's logic.

  6. #86
    Dreadlord Molvonos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Everywhere, Nowhere, Anywhere
    Posts
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There's also animals that eat their own young. I guess that means it's totally ok for humans to do it too by that person's logic.
    I mean, there's a whole shitload of animal facts we can get into of stuff people shouldn't do because 'reasons'. I've never understood that line of 'logic'. It's one of the shittiest strawmen you can come up with.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    We are animals...so in other words people hate the truth when it doesn't align with their feelings
    If you want to be pedantic, there are different uses of the term "animal" - and the scientific one is, at least historically, not actually the most common one. Rather it's a vernacular understanding of animals as being specifically NOT human; as in "human vs. animal", a categorization that defined much of our history with non-human animals (in the scientific sense). Much like when we say "apes" we don't normally include humans, even though it would be scientifically accurate to do so. It's only quite recently that people have come to embrace a more comprehensive and inclusionary view.

    It's a bit like when we say "berries" we usually mean the culinary definition, not the scientific one. So if I ask for "some mixed berries", I'm fine if I get served strawberries and raspberries (neither of which are actual berries, scientifically) but I would definitely NOT be fine if I got eggplants and bell peppers instead (which ARE berries, scientifically speaking).

    You're basically using one definition of the word, and smugly looking down on people who use the other. Which is not even being pedantic, it's just being a douche.

  8. #88
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    43,845
    Just look at how blizzard is using race/sexual orientation rating to design characters.

    Its a Fantasy world, those kind of tropes are very common
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Tossing accusations because you don't like the truth isn't helping your case
    All you got is a "no u"? I'd say don't make me laugh, but that was laughable.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    This is a different topic, but you're very right in that this is often swept under the rug of ignorance when sexual abuse comes up.

    It's like that new dog-whistle against the LGBTQ+ community accusing them of being "groomers" - when the ACTUAL grooming taking place is mostly heterosexual, just as the vast vast VAST majority of child sexual abuse is that of girls by heterosexual men. But no one wants to talk about age compression in product design, or how advertisement has normalized the idea that personal value is tied to sexual desirability, or how underage girls are stuck into marriages even in countries like the US (which is banned in only SIX states, with almost 300,000 child marriages in the US over the last 20 years many of which took place between adult males and girls under the age of sexual consent), and so on. But noooo it's the gays who are after your children, SURELY.

    No one is saying furries don't have problems within their community, but to just paint everyone with the same brush is ridiculous and only makes things worse, not better.
    I think people are more than willing to talk about any case of child abuse. It just happens that most people hide it under the rug so it's harder to find, the alphabet people shout it loudly and openly that they want to convert the kids, and then try to excuse it by saying "all these straight people are doing it too and you guys don't care!" I mean the SF gay men's chorus actually thought it was a good idea to release a song titled "We're coming for your kids". I have yet to meet a single conservative who approves of pedophilia or grooming, and if they did, definitely aren't sharing that information with the world.

    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    there are animals that are transgender.
    wat? I don't know if I would call it the same thing at all from any of the examples I've seen. Pretty sure we are vastly different than clownfish, which is probably the most convincing of any of the supposedly "trans" animals.

    There are also animals that...
    People need to stop using 'We are animals' as an excuse to do stupid shit. Animals are animals, they'll only ever be themselves. You can 'fuck the feelings' aspect of your post, because it doesn't make any damn sense in the context we're talking about. Holy shit.
    Humans aren't that different and do a lot of the things you listed. We are actively trying to build a society that does not do those things because we believe that it is a better survival strategy. Those behaviors are not something that can just be thought away in some mind experiment. I'm a lot closer to the "we don't have free will" stance, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't punish those behaviors. I would actually argue closer that punishing those behaviors is also not necessarily an act of free will, but an adaptive mechanism created in an attempt to help our species thrive. Try to hurt a parent's kid and they aren't sitting around rationalizing about it, it's taken as a threat to their continued existence through their children.

    I agree completely that the "we are animals" argument often isn't productive because it doesn't really change anything. It's not an excuse for bad behavior. You don't just let the dog shit on the rug forever because it's an animal, you condition the dog that it is more beneficial to the dog to go outside to shit, because doing so is more beneficial to you as a human.

  11. #91
    Dreadlord Molvonos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Everywhere, Nowhere, Anywhere
    Posts
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    wat? I don't know if I would call it the same thing at all from any of the examples I've seen. Pretty sure we are vastly different than clownfish, which is probably the most convincing of any of the supposedly "trans" animals.
    Before I dissect the rest of your response: (Edit: And holy shit, I missed the 'Supposedly'. Can't make this shit up folks. Science and Facts trump feelings and emotions, if that's what caused that particular world to be used).

    'We are animals' is a very vague statement. We are clearly different, but for the sake of context from what the other person posted, that doesn't matter.

    We're all animals.

    Fish, like what you said (Clownfish, Wrasse, Sea Bass) are animals.

    Slugs (which can change gender) are animals.

    Butterflies (which can change gender) are animals.

    Frogs (even the gay ones, can change gender) are animals.

    We have Cardinals (Birbs) which have shown up with Bilateral gynandromorphism, aka both genders split down the center. Better known as hermaphrodites -- Definitely animals. And we won't go into the plethora of hermaphroditic animals out there in the great wide world.

    Heck, even some snakes are capable of some weird stuff that, while aren't transgender, are pretty fantastic -- such as virgin birthing (or parthenogensis), something one particular breed of lizard can do.

    Bearded Dragons and green sea turtles do sex reversal in the egg.

    World's way more wild than most people either realize or would ever want to acknowledge.
    Last edited by Molvonos; 2022-05-15 at 12:37 AM.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    the alphabet people shout it loudly and openly that they want to convert the kids, and then try to excuse it by saying "all these straight people are doing it too and you guys don't care!"
    Riiiiight. Imma back off slowly now, no sudden movements.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    I have yet to meet a single conservative who approves of pedophilia or grooming, and if they did, definitely aren't sharing that information with the world.
    Depends on what you mean by "approval". I think what you're talking about is advocating for it; which is a different thing. Approval can be tacit. If you know something is happening and don't do anything to stop it, that's tacit approval for example. But that doesn't mean you're standing on a street corner telling everyone how much you approve of it.

    If there's only six states in the entire union who ban child marriage, I don't know what else to say about the politicians in the other 44 states other than that they seem to be tacitly approving. Same with child sexual abuse in churches - those who refuse to prosecute or give assistance to the shuffling away of offenders on the hush-hush are all approving of what's going on. Oh, and, let's not forget the Catholic church received over a BILLION dollars of taxpayer money in bailouts because "it was hit so hard by all those sexual abuse lawsuits" (as they openly and freely admit in their reasoning as to why they need the money).

    If that isn't approval I don't know what is.

    And let's not even start about how things look like in many other places in the world, where no one would come out and say "yep I'm pro pedophilia that I am" but is entirely fine marrying a 12-year old girl because that's just "culture".

    Are all THOSE groups deserving of being shunned and excluded and painted by the brush of their worst elements? No. What needs to happen is that those BEHAVIORS should be put on the stand, and rooted out. But that's different from the entire group itself.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Before I dissect the rest of your response: (Edit: And holy shit, I missed the 'Supposedly'. Can't make this shit up folks. Science and Facts trump feelings and emotions, if that's what caused that particular world to be used).

    'We are animals' is a very vague statement. We are clearly different, but for the sake of context from what the other person posted, that doesn't matter.

    We're all animals.

    Fish, like what you said (Clownfish, Wrasse, Sea Bass) are animals.

    Slugs (which can change gender) are animals.

    Butterflies (which can change gender) are animals.

    Frogs (even the gay ones, can change gender) are animals.

    We have Cardinals (Birbs) which have shown up with Bilateral gynandromorphism, aka both genders split down the center. Better known as hermaphrodites -- Definitely animals. And we won't go into the plethora of hermaphroditic animals out there in the great wide world.

    Heck, even some snakes are capable of some weird stuff that, while aren't transgender, are pretty fantastic -- such as virgin birthing (or parthenogensis), something one particular breed of lizard can do.

    Bearded Dragons and green sea turtles do sex reversal in the egg.

    World's way more wild than most people either realize or would ever want to acknowledge.
    As devil's advocate, technically humans are the only transgender animals since transgender involves social constructs and dysmorphia whereas spontaneous hermaphroditism involves animals swapping sex for the purposes of breeding.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    No, instead cosplaying have horny guys drooling over any girl in costume, cat calling, touching and the whole damn reason we had to have the "Cosplay is not consent" campaign going on for almost a decade now. I've had guys sexually harass me in costume and I wasn't even what you would call a "sexy" character.
    Yeah, so much better.
    Wish you folks could focus a bit on that part since you are so obsessed about whos and what fetish and harassing furries everytime you see one, especially when they are at their own conventions, specifically to avoid meeting judgemental jerks who only wants to shit on them having fun.
    Yeah,i wonder too if attacking furries can be considered kink shaming.

    Kink Shaming, also spelled as kinkshaming, is the act of mocking or criticizing someone's specific sexual predilections, or why a person's fetish makes them a bad person.

    It's a term originating in the social justice blogosphere.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelthefox View Post
    Yeah,i wonder too if attacking furries can be considered kink shaming.

    Kink Shaming, also spelled as kinkshaming, is the act of mocking or criticizing someone's specific sexual predilections, or why a person's fetish makes them a bad person.

    It's a term originating in the social justice blogosphere.
    Didn't you open with "it's not a sex thing for most people"? In any event, adjectives matter. I hate nurses, but love naughty nurses. Don't mind furries, but I hate annoying furries.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    World's way more wild than most people either realize or would ever want to acknowledge.
    I understand pretty well how wild the world is, but comparing the phenomenon of trans in humans to "trans" in animals is not at all a clean comparison. Almost all the time trans in animals is thought to be a defense mechanism, usually used by males, to prevent themselves from getting killed by rival males. A few other situations involve animals that within their own biology can change their sex, also something that humans can not do. Trying to say it is normal because it occurs fairly rarely in some animals doesn't mean that it is normal behavior in humans, or even normal behavior for animals. Fuck man, you said it yourself that just because animals do something doesn't mean that humans can or should do it.

    My only complaint was the classification of trans, which in common parlance for humans is specifically tied to feelings of gender identity and a mismatch from what you were "assigned at birth". Did we somehow hack into an animals mind and figure out that it changed sex purely because it didn't feel like the sex it was born as?

    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Depends on what you mean by "approval". I think what you're talking about is advocating for it; which is a different thing. Approval can be tacit. If you know something is happening and don't do anything to stop it, that's tacit approval for example. But that doesn't mean you're standing on a street corner telling everyone how much you approve of it.
    "Blah blah blah Silence is Violence. Whoo! Look at how progressive I am". Fuck man, maybe take a minute to look over some studies and see that our politics don't actually represent the majority of peoples opinions. We're also going to blame conservatives in America for the actions of conservatives in fucking Afghanistan, as if they share nearly any of the same values. Other than that, glad we can agree that ACTIONS can be criminalized and not INACTIONS, even though you also have ideas of guilt by loose association for some ridiculous reason. Good chat.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Axelthefox View Post
    Yeah,i wonder too if attacking furries can be considered kink shaming.

    Kink Shaming, also spelled as kinkshaming, is the act of mocking or criticizing someone's specific sexual predilections, or why a person's fetish makes them a bad person.

    It's a term originating in the social justice blogosphere.
    Call it whatever you want, it doesn't make it wrong. I'll kink shame the fuck out of people doing blood play, zoophilia, pedophilia, rape play, etc, etc, etc...

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelthefox View Post
    Yeah,i wonder too if attacking furries can be considered kink shaming.

    Kink Shaming, also spelled as kinkshaming, is the act of mocking or criticizing someone's specific sexual predilections, or why a person's fetish makes them a bad person.

    It's a term originating in the social justice blogosphere.
    Furries deserve to be kink shamed.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Other than that, glad we can agree that ACTIONS can be criminalized and not INACTIONS
    That's not true in all cases, and it's not true in all legal systems. There's plenty of countries that DO criminalize inaction, like e.g. Germany; if you come across someone in distress that you could help (within reason and without endangering yourself) and don't, that can be prosecuted. Under US it's a bit more complicated, but there's also cases where doing nothing there CAN constitute a criminal offense. One example would be "depraved-heart murder" where even without any intent to kill, reckless indifference to or ignoring of the possibility of harm to others can make you guilty.

    But that's beside the point, because we're not talking about criminal law here. We're talking about morality. Plenty of things are 100% legal and yet would be condemned morally by almost anyone.

  19. #99
    Furries are sexual deviants...

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    I understand pretty well how wild the world is, but comparing the phenomenon of trans in humans to "trans" in animals is not at all a clean comparison. Almost all the time trans in animals is thought to be a defense mechanism, usually used by males, to prevent themselves from getting killed by rival males. A few other situations involve animals that within their own biology can change their sex, also something that humans can not do. Trying to say it is normal because it occurs fairly rarely in some animals doesn't mean that it is normal behavior in humans, or even normal behavior for animals. Fuck man, you said it yourself that just because animals do something doesn't mean that humans can or should do it.

    My only complaint was the classification of trans, which in common parlance for humans is specifically tied to feelings of gender identity and a mismatch from what you were "assigned at birth". Did we somehow hack into an animals mind and figure out that it changed sex purely because it didn't feel like the sex it was born as?


    "Blah blah blah Silence is Violence. Whoo! Look at how progressive I am". Fuck man, maybe take a minute to look over some studies and see that our politics don't actually represent the majority of peoples opinions. We're also going to blame conservatives in America for the actions of conservatives in fucking Afghanistan, as if they share nearly any of the same values. Other than that, glad we can agree that ACTIONS can be criminalized and not INACTIONS, even though you also have ideas of guilt by loose association for some ridiculous reason. Good chat.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Call it whatever you want, it doesn't make it wrong. I'll kink shame the fuck out of people doing blood play, zoophilia, pedophilia, rape play, etc, etc, etc...
    I blame conservatives in the USA for the actions of....conservatives in America. Conservatives in the USA do plenty of bullshit that warrants criticism. Also, I guess that every person with child porn on their computer shouldn't prosecuted. Since they didn't actually assault children right?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •