Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    The Lightbringer Violent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelthefox View Post
    Well those suits get really hot, many makers won't make a fursuit like that and many makers have a warranty that is voided if they discover that someone altered their fursuit that way,sold it to a third party or such.

    Plus there has been a recent trend of callout culture directed at naming and shaming those who use their fursuits in that way.
    News Flash: NO ONE CARES!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Axelthefox View Post
    But,but, the studies state for most it isn't anything sexual.

    And studies don't lie.

    “We find that, with most furries and their fur suits, there’s no sexual element to it for the vast majority of fursuiters,” says Plante. “It’s because they want to be a cartoon character in the real world.”
    But, but, MOST studies say everything is about sex.
    Oh wait, studies DO lie.. More accurate, you can find a study to further pretty much any point you want to make. Studies must = Correct, right?
    So then, how isn't it about sex?
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

    <~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

  2. #102
    In the immortal words of Mark E. Plier:

    "You do you, and I'll do me, and we won't do each other. Probably."

    Not for me, but if everyone is being perfectly honest, there's a sliding scale and everyone's is different. We all love a good anthropomorphic animal, it's just some of us love them more than others.
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Sylvanas will just give her own head to Tyrande.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  3. #103
    Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelthefox View Post
    Because for many, they feel it's just a sex thing and should be forbidden from forums.

    Like this thing that someone said



    When it was just a video of Majira Strawberry.

    I think most misunderstand what furry is about.

    Even someone who researched furries said there is discrimination against furries.



    from some who have researched furry





    I found a lot of studies about furry fandom. And they're all saying the same exact thing:furry is just a innocent hobby, listen to what the studies say.

    I think also part of the hate against furries is partly motivated by homophobia.

    I saw some tweet from a person who was on the Somethingawful forums who said that part of the hate against furries was in fact motivated by homophobia.

    There is also a article on the internet titled "If You Hate Furries, You’re Anti-LGBT"



    Why am i posting this thing here?

    Because for some reason i can't post it where i want till i have about 20 posts, this information needs to get out, and i feel i shouldn't have to wait till 20 posts to post it in the right forum.
    IF ITS NOT ABOUT SEX, THEN WHAT IS IT ABOUT?!?!?! Maybe answer that

  4. #104
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    16,240
    Humans survive through memorizing patterns. If you see wolves eat sheep enough times, you're going to learn to stay away from wolves. If you don't, then you get eaten.

    The furry subculture has a conspicuously high incident rate. Ofcourse people avoid the furry fandom. If you want to shake off that stigma, either don't openly proclaim to be a furry, or fix something about your fandom.

  5. #105
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,851
    Considering a lot of furries are also zoophiles, I think they are well and properly understood, and continuing to mock them is pretty deserved. Especially since they seem to have an obsession with shoving their insanity in everyone's faces. Not to mention they don't shower.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Humans survive through memorizing patterns. If you see wolves eat sheep enough times, you're going to learn to stay away from wolves. If you don't, then you get eaten.

    The furry subculture has a conspicuously high incident rate. Ofcourse people avoid the furry fandom. If you want to shake off that stigma, either don't openly proclaim to be a furry, or fix something about your fandom.
    Pretty much this. Furries pretty much never out their own regardless of how awful they are.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Considering a lot of furries are also zoophiles, I think they are well and properly understood, and continuing to mock them is pretty deserved. Especially since they seem to have an obsession with shoving their insanity in everyone's faces. Not to mention they don't shower.
    If you are referring to "gamer funk"

    Then i have noticed it at those tabletop rolelplaying game stores, i also noticed it too at stores like Gamestop, where this one dude will smell really bad.

    Also, the furries i know hate zoophiles and won't want to do anything to do with those types.

    Like i heard of one furry who was forced to leave the fandom after being found out to be a animal abuser.
    Last edited by Axelthefox; 2022-05-15 at 02:47 AM.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I blame conservatives in the USA for the actions of....conservatives in America. Conservatives in the USA do plenty of bullshit that warrants criticism. Also, I guess that every person with child porn on their computer shouldn't prosecuted. Since they didn't actually assault children right?
    I blame individual people for their own actions without applying group responsibility to them, but maybe I'm the crazy one. There is some argument for the child porn case, because the current precedent as I understand it is that a child was harmed in the making of it and therefore every view of it is a repeat offense against the child. I'm not sure how I feel about "viewing a crime" being treated similarly to "committing the crime". Honestly it sounds a little insane whenever I have heard it justified, and I think it sets a potentially dangerous precedent. This isn't advocating for any porn, merely a critique of the justification for the law. Potentially by the same justification, viewing any porn could be considered a form of sexual assault by the viewer, and I've heard anti-porn people argue this.

    It's surprisingly hard to make laws, and people get justifiably emotionally involved in horrible events that often lead to unsatisfying laws with unintentional consequences. I'm not a law expert by any means, so I can't give you an example of how the law should be written to make it more sensible without potentially criminalizing people who take naked pictures of their baby/toddler or teens sexting each other and keeping the pictures on their phone after they turn 18. Ideally a lot of these cases would just get thrown out by a judge, but we've had situations where it isn't the case.

    I just want to note again very clearly that I am not advocating for child porn, nor saying it should be decriminalized. Also a note that the law varies based on location, and there probably exists laws without the justification I stated. I don't study law for a living, nor massively in depth. The closest I get to this topic is more that America potentially criminalizes being naked more than I would like, which I think may lead in part to many of the body dysmorphic feelings that people get. There are a lot of good reasons to not want people naked in public though, sanitation foremost. Imagine unclean people riding the bus naked, just a pure recipe for C. diff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That's not true in all cases, and it's not true in all legal systems. There's plenty of countries that DO criminalize inaction, like e.g. Germany; if you come across someone in distress that you could help (within reason and without endangering yourself) and don't, that can be prosecuted. Under US it's a bit more complicated, but there's also cases where doing nothing there CAN constitute a criminal offense. One example would be "depraved-heart murder" where even without any intent to kill, reckless indifference to or ignoring of the possibility of harm to others can make you guilty.

    But that's beside the point, because we're not talking about criminal law here. We're talking about morality. Plenty of things are 100% legal and yet would be condemned morally by almost anyone.
    I wasn't aware we were talking about Germany, they have at least a few laws I greatly disagree with. Reckless indifference is still an action taken by a person that results in harm to another, which is entirely different than doing nothing. If my car is stolen and used in a crime, I'm not considered even partly liable for the crime even though I technically supplied the car. This is because I did not take direct action towards committing the crime. Me not speaking up about billionaires allegedly hosting pedo parties on an island doesn't make me complicit in their crime, and I won't make any direct accusations without solid proof because I don't want to get sued to oblivion or disappeared.

    Morality is subjective. The only universal belief I've seen across humanity is that whatever you believe is true. This is why I end up supporting states/countries rights combined with freedom of travel. As marketing found out, you can't make just one product that is enjoyed by everyone. Some people like blended pasta sauce, some people like chunky, some people like meat in their sauce, some like zucchini. You still can't get to 100% satisfaction even then, but you can get a lot closer than if you only give people one choice.

    Man, this got off of furries are disgusting real quick.
    Last edited by Goatfish; 2022-05-15 at 02:44 AM.

  9. #109
    Scarab Lord Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    4,404
    Every furry I had the misfortune to met was a terrible, terrible person
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  10. #110

  11. #111
    The Patient vincink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    face.eat(cheese)
    Posts
    274
    This is a gaslighting thread trying to convince me that I do not understand furries. Yet the original poster cannot explain how I (let alone anyone else) misunderstands furries.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Man, this got off of furries are disgusting real quick.
    Perhaps because that's not a discussion, so people move to things you can actually talk about?

    There isn't a discourse with simplistic drivel like that. People that spout that kind of rhetoric are interested in being heard, not in being understood.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    This is a gaslighting thread trying to convince me that I do not understand furries. Yet the original poster cannot explain how I (let alone anyone else) misunderstands furries.
    Furry for the most part is like any other cosplay, just dressing up,enjoying drawings and such, and some furries even make music.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelthefox View Post
    Furry for the most part is like any other cosplay, just dressing up,enjoying drawings and such, and some furries even make music.
    Furry is a sexual kink with cosplay as a byproduct.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Perhaps because that's not a discussion, so people move to things you can actually talk about?

    There isn't a discourse with simplistic drivel like that. People that spout that kind of rhetoric are interested in being heard, not in being understood.
    Agreed. Even I don't blame all furries for the actions of the horrible. At some point though, the odds of finding a decent person without a mental disorder just becomes too much of a risk for anyone to go to the fandom looking for friends. Even OP started off saying the fandom isn't about sex then goes on to admit to putting holes in his wolf plushy. They have a horrible reputation because of consistent horrible actions, straight up lying and misrepresentation of themselves being among said actions.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Agreed. Even I don't blame all furries for the actions of the horrible. At some point though, the odds of finding a decent person without a mental disorder just becomes too much of a risk for anyone to go to the fandom looking for friends. Even OP started off saying the fandom isn't about sex then goes on to admit to putting holes in his wolf plushy. They have a horrible reputation because of consistent horrible actions, straight up lying and misrepresentation of themselves being among said actions.
    I bought the plush modded like that.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelthefox View Post
    Well i am into yiffing stuffed animals,but my family once found a stuffed wolf doll with a hole.

    I wonder though if i should tell them that yiffing a stuffed animal isn't the same thing as zoophilia.
    What in the holy fuck is wrong with furries

  18. #118
    This thread is going nowhere good. Closing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •